NCL Crown questions, first time cruise

cat5dog1

I will be taking a cruise from Philly to Bermuda on the Crown leaving 5/28. This is our first time and I have many questions. What is the dress code, I don't own anything other than jeans, capris and shorts. If we don't dress up what are our dinner options? What types of free beverages do they offer? Also how long does disembarking take, we are being picked up after the cruise I have no idea what time to tell the driver to be there.

I thank you in advance for answering my questions, after reading some of the prior comments I have to admit that I am scared to death of having a terrible time.

Carol Beck

I will be taking a cruise from Philly to Bermuda on the Crown leaving 5/28. This is our first time and I have many questions.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. My wife and I will also be on this cruise. Please visit our roll call at the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=324702

What is the dress code, I don't own anything other than jeans, capris and shorts. If we don't dress up what are our dinner options?

NCL has what is called "resort casual" dress code. Just figure what would be acceptable at a nice resort and you are all set. Jeans, capris, and short are completely acceptable. Although jeans are very much frowned upon in the dining room after 5-6 pm.

Dressing up is not required. Formal night is completely optional and from what I have learned about this cruise is real casual.

What types of free beverages do they offer?

Sorry, there is not very much free on a cruise.:( Beverages which are free include coffee, OJ, cranberry juice during breakfast hours in the buffet and dining room. I think the same holds true during lunch hours. I am not real sure about dinner hours. I do know that espresso and cappucino are free in the dining room during dinner but cost money at the bars.

Also how long does disembarking take, we are being picked up after the cruise I have no idea what time to tell the driver to be there.

Disembarkation usually occurs about 2 hours after docking. Which in our case docking is at 7:00 am so disembark should start about 9:00 am. There is a thing called "priority disembark" which allows you be among the first off if you carry all of your luggage with you.

I thank you in advance for answering my questions, after reading some of the prior comments I have to admit that I am scared to death of having a terrible time.

Carol Beck

If you go into a cruise with the proper expectations it is virtually impossible to have a terrible time. Don't expect 5 star dining, don't expect 5 star accommodations, above all else don't take everything you read hear as gospel. Go into this with an open mind and plan to have a good time and that is exactly what will happen.

PE

Archived