Snorkeling equipment

I have been looking into buying a new snorkel for my upcoming Pride cruise in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have seen the new "dry" snorkles that are supposed to stay dry when you dive and also the "semi dry" snorkles that are supposed to keep surface water etc. out. Which is better. Anyone have any experience with either of these and where do you shop for them. Any advice is appreciated. My current snorkle seems to fill with surface water in the bottom of it and it "gurgles" when you try to breathe, even though it has a purge chamber.

Stacy

Hi. In anticipation of my very first snorkeling experience, and also terrified of any water getting in, I bought a fantastic snorkel last year. Go to www.scuba.com. There's a listing, and the one I got is guaranteed NO water. It's the non-flex dry snorkel. It worked perfectly, so I highly recommend it!

I just checked for you. Go to that website, click on Snorkels, and go to page 2. It's the NON-flex Ocean Masters dry snorkel, on sale now for $29.95. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Thanks for the replies. I will check out that site Cotton. I guess I read somewhere that the "dry" snorkels tend to pull your tongue into the snorkel when you dive if it is near the hole in the mouthpiece and that it is uncomfortable when that happens. Something about the pressure in the dry tube builds suction. It that true? I was all set to buy that kind of snorkle until I read that :eek:.

Stacy

Archived