Advice Pls-Anyone Stayed in M2 Cabin Mauretania - 1 night taster cruise 28th July!

hotcat

Hi,

I have just booked a 1 night taster cruise from Southampton for my sister's wedding anniversary gift. I have booked them an outside cabin (M2) Mauretania. Do you know what these cabins are like? have you ever been on a 1 night taster cruise? is there full entertainment on board? are the drinks expensive?.

Any info really apprecaited.

Thanks,

Annie

Hi, have you ever been on a 1 night taster cruise? is there full entertainment on board? are the drinks expensive?.

Any info really apprecaited.

Thanks,

Annie

Indeed, having never been on a "taster" 1 , 2 or 3 nighter, I would be interested to hear from those who have, how do they differ from a longer (week +) cruise or crossing that many of us have experienced? Are the people different? The service? The age range? Any answers?

Hi,

Im on this one nighter as well, send me your email add and l will send you a copy of a programme you can expect to have on this, a superb introduction to the worlds best loved ocean liner

One thing was pretty noticable was embarkation and the large amount of formal dress wear that was going onboard and the split between formal and informal.

There was a good selection of photos being taken for sale and the photo shop was open till 2am. The onboard shops l recall were generally quiet with the logo shop doing brisk trade. The age range was very mixed with a load more younger people onboard than you would normally expect.

For me this cruise is just an excuse to see the old girl again!!! having booked my main cruises for October away back in June last year, this was just an ideal way to break up the long wait till then.

There is more of a party atmosphere on board and the usual full entertainment provided as you would expect

hope this helps,

Myles

cunardqueenATaol.com

Hi

l can only go on what the last one nighter was and it said informal.

It is after all a sailing night/ night before landing and in age old tradition should be informal. However being the party cruise there will be a load of 1st timers who will no doubt pull out all the stops and dress to the nines, it will l assure you be interesting to watch, and right in the middle of Summer we should be blessed with a nice evenings cruise !

Perhaps we should think about a rendezvous on board if only to put some faces to the names ???

cheers

Myles

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ,

I wonder if anybody saw the special offer last weekend for SINGLE GRADES in the Mauretania inside grade of £49...!!!

Talk about a give away price! not surprisingly it sold out very quickly.

One can only hope that the rest of us paying the sailaway fares might be upgraded? however knowing Cunard and how they operate they might upgrade all the special offers passengers and leave the rest of us where we have been booked since last June !!!!

cheers

Myles

CunardQueen - could I ask where you saw the special offer for £49 ? I understand they have all been snapped up by now but it would be interesting to know where to look for another time. BTW have a marvellous time!!

Marge M

CunardQueen - could I ask where you saw the special offer for £49 ? I understand they have all been snapped up by now but it would be interesting to know where to look for another time. BTW have a marvellous time!!

Marge M

I saw this offer in the sunday times (I think) and sent to me by Cunard, not just the lowest inside grade at £49 (one night at a party in the channel? who cares it's inside above the screws! By time you get to bed It'll be time to disembark). but several other higher grades as well at very good prices (for one night).

Hi Marge M,

The offer was sent to a friend of mine from Cunard in the UK not only was the one nighter discounted also the 5 and 7 nights summer cruises and the fare per day was £50 !!!! no wonder Cunard never included me in this sailaway promotion email flyer,

now where did l put my soap box.....

Thanks for the good wishes! I intend to have a great time, it will be nice practice for the 3 weeks onboard in Oct !!!

cheers

Myles

No wonder Cunard never included me in this sailaway promotion email flyer

I think that Cunard sent an email to everyone registered for their newsletter - I checked availability within half an hour of the email being sent and they were already sold out!

Archived