Belize City - what to do with my mom

egrego160

We are taking a group cruise in 10 days.

My husband and I are entertaining my mom while we are in BElize City. She is 70 years old and in reasonably good health.

Everyone else (about 12 people ) is doing the zipline and cave tubing excursion.

What would you all suggest as an outing for us?

We are into shopping , sightseeing. My husband and I love to go to the beaches , but my mom doesn't like laying out or even getting in the water.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

While in Belize City we just hooked up with a random taxi driver and he took us all over the place. He stopped and let my husband buy beer wherever he wanted and drink it in the cab. To me, this is not a very pretty place and seemed dirty. He showed us the "beach" area in the city. Looked like a hurricane had been through. Very depressing place.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Buffalo; Belize City is not a very nice place IMO. It was dirty and not at all what I thought it would be. And I don't mean that to be insulting to the locals there or anything like that -- it's just NOT what they tout it to be. I was there last spring w/Princess and we went on a boat tour of the Mangroves. It was basically like a swamp tour similar to that in New Orleans. Not trying to be negative -- hoping your experience will be better.

Archived