Roll Call - Rhapsody 12/3/06

DallasSteve

Hi Steve:

Saw your post on our roll call. Yes, we are on this cruise....myself, my partner and our friend Chas. You are going to love this ship and her crew. They have the nicest crew on this ship.

We will be celebrating my b-day on this cruise :)

Fausto

Hey ! Whew, I'm glad you wrote ! I've been reading the posts on the other thread for this cruise, and have had fun reading Chas's comments. Sounds like it'll be fun....seems like you guys sail a LOT! I've jealous ... I'll be traveling with my mom and sis, and so I'll be looking for a little diversion along the way ... we've booked a grand suite for the 3 of us ...

Where do you guys live?

Steve

Where do you guys live?

Steve

We are from San Antonio. Chas moved here last Sept. from Cancun. My partner and I met Chas on the Rhapsody in May 2004. We met Nitra on the Rhapsody in Oct.2005.

If you have any questions about the cruise, just let me know. This ship is our home away from home. Many of the crew members know us and so we get treated differently than most other passengers. What dinner seating are you in, first or second? We chose the second seating because it allows us more time to relax before dinner.

Fausto

Greetings from Dallas, obviously !

This will be my 9th or 10th cruise .. I get lost in the counting ... the most fun one I've done was a transatlantic a couple of years ago ... I've reached Diamond level on the C&A program, so I know there'll be some perks along the way.

Usually I travel with a buddy of mine from California, but this time I'm traveling with family ... so I know it won't be the same !

I have always managed to find the "fun" people on a cruise ... the Viking Crown is my favorite place on any RCL ship (especially on disco night -- you should see the pix I took last time!) ....

I look forward to meeting you guys ...

Steve

Fausto, I failed to mention that as of right now we are booked in second seating, but I'm hoping to change that to first ... my mom is 81 and usually is in bed way before 9:00 ...

It'll be interesting to see how much late-nite partying I'll be able to with all of us in one cabin ! I may have to sign up with the 3 of you for another cruise sometime !!

What category cabin are the 3 of you in? I usually do junior suites. But with 3 of us going, I opted for a grand suite ... bummer though -- I'll be sleeping on the couch ! haha

Steve

The Viking Crown is my favorite place on any RCL ship (especially on disco night -- you should see the pix I took last time!)

Disco Inferno night is our favorite night in the VCL as well. On our Dec.2004 cruise, my b-day actually fell on Disco Inferno night, Chas arranged for balloons to drop on the dance floor, it was such a blast. We usually shut down the VCL every night. Check out some of our cruise albums:

http://community.webshots.com/user/txsailor101

I booked this cruise yesterday, so I was only able to get a JS cabin, located towards the rear of the ship. However, I do expect some suites to become available once the due date passes in Sept. Since I am a Diamond Plus member, they will put a priority on my cabin choice. Hopefully, I can get an Owner's Suite or Grand Suite. Chas is rooming with a friend of ours, they are also in a JS.

My partner usually goes to bed around midnight, so when I return to the suite late night, I usually pull the curtain and give my partner some peace and quiet in bed, while I order room service. In the past, I have invited guests to the suite late night and the curtain does come in handy. What GS are you in? We have stayed in 8018 two times and 8508 one time.

Fausto

Fausto, I'll have to check the reservation to find out ... but it's near the front of the ship, starboard side, about 3 cabins down from from the front elevator lobby ... this will be my first GS ... you must cruise a LOT ! are you a travel agent???

Steve

Whew.. I finally found this little posting place. Hey Fausto... We now have GS 8018! And I have put your Owner Suite on Waitlist. Looks like it will come available soon. I know you are not too happy with the JS in the rear of the ship. This is going to be the best cruise yet. We are in the process of setting up your bday. Hey Steve, I know you will haev a good time on board. There is a waitlist for 1st seating, but you could always ASK once you board to be placed in 1st seating. Some people change to late seating after they board because they did not know they were going to be in 1st seating. It is the default. I am glad that you will not be like the last gay group that cruised on our ship in May, and they would not even talk to us. Stuck up B....chs! Anyways, welcome aboard and Get Out There!

Chas, I'm convinced you're a travel agent ...

Yeah, I've talked with RCL C&A about the seating. I'm a diamond member so am hoping I have a little pull ... although one never knows.

I can't remember the cabin number, but I'm in a GS on the starboard side, about 3 or 4 cabins down the long hall from the front elevators. I always like the starboard side of a ship ...

my mom is making some noise about maybe not wanting to go after all .. she's 81 and a little concerned about getting around without much trouble ... she has difficulty walking but refuses to use a wheelchair (pride, ya know) ... so there's a chance I may end up canceling this whole trip ... which'd be a bummer ...

Steve

Chas, I'm convinced you're a travel agent ...

Steve

No, he just pretends he is one. Actually, he is a secret agent working for RCI. He makes sure the crew is happy :) Chas, don't you wish you had that kind of job...

Steve: You may not go on my b-day cruise? How dare you miss my b-day!! Hope you get to make it onboard. Well, if you miss this cruise with us, you can always book the May 6, 2007 cruise....that is Chas' b-day cruise.

Fausto

Sounds to me you guys should just move onto that ship !!

If they can guarantee me a GS or better, I'll be more than happy to live onboard. Deck 0 and 1, I don't think so. You know where you would find me every night....The Viking Crown Lounge!!

Fausto

Hey Chas ... I saw on the Meet/Mingle thread that you have booked 14 cabins ??? all gay? am hoping it turns out to be a fun week ...

Steve

nope. The only gay cabins in December is Me and TxSailor and his other half. :( But I know we know how to have fun. Everyone else is str8, but they are fun too.

Archived