Fantasy booked - great sale! I have Questions?

kathy32259

We couldn't pass up the great sale yesterday and today and booked the Fantasy for the June 29th sailing. My parents, my DD and her DBF will be sailing with me and they have never been on a cruise before! I am so looking forward to their reactions!!

I have never been on a Fantasy class ship - so I have a couple of questions. (I did a search and got about a gazillion hits - so bear with me!)

Due to booking late and a great sale - we got upgraded to OV cabins on the empress deck. That's the good news. What I am not sure of - we are aft right below the childrens play deck. :rolleyes: Will this be a problem? My PVP said it will not be a problem, but I have visiions of masses of children running up and down the stairs and halls - jumping up and down over our heads. Please tell me your experience with these cabins.

Also, on a 4 night cruise - will the formal night be the at sea day? Which also happens to be the last full day on the ship.....

I noticed on the deck plans that there is a Grand Spectrum Plaza on the Empress - with the shore tours and information desk located there. What else happens in that Plaza? Is this where you embark?

Where is the Photo gallery? and what deck is muster? Is there an adults only pool?

Geez - you would think as many times as I have cruised I wouldn't have so many questions.:eek:

Thanks in advance for all of your help!:D

- noise from kids club shouldn't be an issue

- formal night = 2d night

- you embark on empress deck

- photo gallery is on empress as well

- muster station is based on where your cabin is, there are several

- there is a designated "kids" pool but you'll see kids in every pool and hot tub, it's not enforced

WOW! I am surprised that the formal night is the 2nd night - we don't leave Nassau until 7 - and our dinner request is for 6:15. I wonder if I should change to the late seating. Any suggestions?:eek:

WOW! I am surprised that the formal night is the 2nd night - we don't leave Nassau until 7 - and our dinner request is for 6:15. I wonder if I should change to the late seating. Any suggestions?:eek:

If you don't have any children with you, definitely change your request to late seating. Otherwise you'll be racing to get ready for dinner. Also, the adult shows and activities don't really start until 10ish anyway.

There are tons of options to get an afternoon snack to hold you over for late dinner if someone needs. Fantasy Class is my favorite size ship, and great for first time cruisers, not too big and not too small.

CJW

PS link to the secret door on Fantasy Class

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2126056080079337728bGTuVL

We'll be on that same cruise. Just myself and my DW. No kids this trip. My first cruise as well. We were upgraded from an inside guarantee to a ocean view guarantee on the upper deck and received an $80 refund. We booked and paid for it in February so the goodies have been trickling down slowly.

We also have a thread in Roll Call and there are a couple more of us there that are going on this cruise.

I booked the Fantasy 2 weeks ago for 8/14. Booked 3 cabins as I am taking the kids and spouses. Called today to see if sale helped me and my PVP was able to get the kids rooms at $240 cheaper each!! I had already had a coupon from Carnival for 2 upgrades from 6A's to 6C's. Wasn't able to get my 1A single cheaper but heck - that 's fine! First time I have ever recieved a savings with a one-day sale!

Becky

If you don't have any children with you, definitely change your request to late seating. Otherwise you'll be racing to get ready for dinner. Also, the adult shows and activities don't really start until 10ish anyway.

There are tons of options to get an afternoon snack to hold you over for late dinner if someone needs. Fantasy Class is my favorite size ship, and great for first time cruisers, not too big and not too small.

CJW

PS link to the secret door on Fantasy Class

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2126056080079337728bGTuVL

Curt - we may change our dinner request, realizing that it is only a request. I am concerned that my parents (mid-70's) won't want to eat so late - but the rest of us don't mind.

I do have one other question - regarding our cabin location- we are aft on the Empress port side, and according to the ship deck plans there appears to be nothing above us on the Atlantic deck (aft of the dining room) and above that on the Promanade is the children's area. Can you tell me what that blank space behind the dining room is?

We were concerned about the children's play area being above us. Our other choice is to move down to the upper deck starboard forward. Since the Empress is considered the best OV upgrade I am thinking we should stay put and try it. Any opinions?

I do have one other question - regarding our cabin location- we are aft on the Empress port side, and according to the ship deck plans there appears to be nothing above us on the Atlantic deck (aft of the dining room) and above that on the Promanade is the children's area. Can you tell me what that blank space behind the dining room is?

I believe that space aft of the dining room is the galley.

Cool - secret door - been on Fantasy twice and never knew about that. So, what's beyond the secret door?

Curt - we may change our dinner request, realizing that it is only a request. I am concerned that my parents (mid-70's) won't want to eat so late - but the rest of us don't mind.

Like I said before, there are plenty of options to tide your parents over if needed. And just be sure that if you don't get your request, look in the Capers when you get on board, go down to see the Maitre'D in the dining room at the assigned time, and see if he can change it then. Most of the time he/she can and will.

FYI - I've never heard of anybody complaining about noise in that area. (But on all cruises I bring earplugs, just in case, but never had to use them yet). Anyway, I really don't know what that blank space is behind the dining room and playroom. It's not the galley, as that's between the two dining rooms. It's definitely crew something, so it's probably storgage or a crew (meeting?) area.

We were concerned about the children's play area being above us. Our other choice is to move down to the upper deck starboard forward. Since the Empress is considered the best OV upgrade I am thinking we should stay put and try it. Any opinions?

Just a general upgrade FYI for newbies reading this...

Just because something is on a higher deck ("a better upgrade") doesn't mean it's a better location.

It's really nitpicking at this point, but I've never heard any complaints about the aft area on these ships. People always seem pretty happy.

I'd personally only move to Upper Forward, if it wasn't too far forward.

If you were U60 to U67, I'd consider, anything more forward, I wouldn't really (just what I would do personally), but others may choose differently.

Let us know what you decide.

CJW

I've already revealed too much about the secret door, you'll all have to check it out yourselves.:rolleyes:

FYI - I've never heard of anybody complaining about noise in that area. (But on all cruises I bring earplugs, just in case, but never had to use them yet). Anyway, I really don't know what that blank space is behind the dining room and playroom. It's not the galley, as that's between the two dining rooms. It's definitely crew something, so it's probably storgage or a crew (meeting?) area.

Sorry, I didn't read the original post closely enough before answering. Now I see which blank space you were talking about. DOH!!:D

Archived