Standard cabins on Fascination have sitting area?

flahagan

A group of us are thinking of doing the 4-night r/t Miami in December, with most of us just doing the outside guarantee. However, one couple would like a sitting area and think they may have to upgrade to a mini-suite to get this. Have only sailed on HAL before and all of their cabins have nice little sitting areas, but no experience with Carnival. Any help, Please?

The Fascination regular abins do not have a sitting are... you have to go to a cat 11 or 12 suite to get one. The cat 11 suites is using the term suite very lightly. They are very small with a small balcony and regular looking bathroom, except it has a tub. Once you get to Carnival's newere ships there are sitting areas in the regular ocean-view and balcony cabins, but not insides. The cat 11 suites are also much improved on the newer suites.

Although Carnival's regular cabins are nice and large... there suites are definitely secondary to the other cruise lines.... and this is coming from a true Carnaival lover here!

Have a great trip!

We had an inside cabin upper deck on Fascination back in 2000 when we did southern caribbean out of San Juan. Across from us (we were in cabin U 100) were outside cabins with a sofa area. I am bot sure what the catagory was but it sure did not look like a mini suite-it was not near as nice as the balcony cabins on Miracle-size-wise. I would think a mini-suite would be nicer then a balcony.

We were on Inspiration last year and had an outside cabin on empress deck. It was pretty much the same cabin we had on Fascination (both Fanasty class ships) except it had a window but there was no sofa. Look in the Carnival book they send you. In the back is a diagram of the diff. class ships and it will list what the catagories of cabins are. Look and see what is across from cabin U100. It seems to me if I remember correctly there is a catagory called deluxe oceanview which is ofcourse less expensive then a mini-suite.

Archived