leaving tips

mrbill62

It's the same situation as with the main dining room. At the end of the cruise, all the tips are divvied up. I think you might get better service if you made some waiters a little dependent upon tips in the speciality rooms as I have found the serivce to be lacking (something I've never seen in the main dining rooms, at least with our tables).

Charlie

I think its appropriate to tip your waiter. The surcharge as I understood goes toward the better quality food, ie, shrimp, steak, lobster.

The service is impeccable therefore, a $20 tip to the waiter would be more than appreciated. If you revisted either place during the cruise your service would be further enhanced.

If you dont tip, the waiter gets about $3.00 out of the surcharge. In a fine dining restaurant outside a ship imagine giving a waiter $3.00 out for a $125 tab.

Don

I do usually tip something extra at a specialty restaurant - unless the service is horrible. (Which happened to me last year on the Caribbean Princess in the steakhouse; I ended up not even getting a meal so I certainly wasn't going to tip for that.) Not only do I think it's a good thing to do but often I do decide to try and go back again later in the week. If the place is booked solid already I have had waiters and maitre'ds make room for me and I can only believe it's because I had tipped them before. So yes, the service gets even better.

Regardless of that though I just feel like it's proper to tip at the end: I do it in any other restaurant on land so why not at sea?

Archived