Everyday teen dress

nsa2389

:eek: My 16 yo daughter is going on the cruise with my DH and I. We have been discussing what teens wear on cruises. Bluejean everything except tops are what her wardrobe consist of. Her father and I told her that bluejeans would not do on the cruise ,except for her skirts. Also, what do teens wear during the evening and at dinner and formal nights? Any suggestions would help. We need to shop now for the upcoming cruise. I hate waiting till the last minute to prepare:eek: . Thanks.

Jeans are fine during the day, but IMO much too hot. Most teens I saw were in shorts or capri's and tee's or cami's during the day, when not in their swim wear, and flip flops. For non-formal nights I think the cute 'prairie' skirts I see everywhere would work great, either longer or shorter, with a nice cami. nice capris and tops or any slim skirt would work too. Also cute sundresses. For formal nights I saw many teens in prom-type dresses or the younger-looking cocktail dresses/very dressy sundresses. It's easy to find great sales on dressy clothes for teens now that prom season is over, and you can get good deals at Good Will or consignment shops too.

I agree that it is too hot for jeans. On our cruise I took note of how many teens still in their black t's and jeans were learning the hard way about how to dress for the weather.

That's what is so great about exposing our children to these opportunities. Let them learn how to behave/respond/handle multiple types of situations by our example!

We cruised 3 1/2 years ago when our daughter was 16. She wore shorts or short skirts and tanks/camis during the day. At the time her wardrobe consisted of mostly jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts as well, but she really enjoyed shopping for (of course!) and wearing her "cruise wardrobe." Skirts or slacks for dinners, and for formal dinner sparkly blouses (one we puchased in Martinique) and either black skirt or black slacks.

Other than the outfits for formal nights, she wore a lot of her cruise clothes to school the next year.

I think the key was making sure she understood what was expected and letting her do the shopping. She really chose some great outfits!

My teen daughters wear shorts & tank tops during the day and to the informal dinners they usually wear a dress or skirts.

On formal night (they love to dress up ) they always wear a long formal.

This is the 1 time each year that we all look great at one time.

im 17 and i will be going on my 7th cruise this summer. during the day i wear my normal summer stuff, shorts, capri's, camis, t-shirts when im not going in the pool or whatever. flip flops are a must on a cruise. at night i tend to wear nicer stuff, skirts, nice pants, nice tops and i have a BUNCH of dressy stuff. i have ton's of nice dresses from banquets at home and cruises and i usually bring 1 or 2 of them along for the two formal nights. as long as you are wearing nice clothes you are fine. i have even worn jeans into the dining room once on a cruise on a casual night. after dinner of course i would go right back to my cabin and change into jeans or capris and a nice top to go to the teen club, if i was going out with my parets to the show or whatever i would try to stay more dressed up. my one tip is, even if you dont think you will need a hoodie or a pair of sweats bring them because you may end up being cold one night. if you are going on a RCCL ship with an ice rink make ure to have a pair of jeans or long pants and apair of socks you would be comfiterable in. the same if you are going to be able to rollarblade. and rock climbing needs some comfiterable pants and socks as well.

Archived