Come on cruisers help us out here.

swom

Do yourself a favor and book the Mid Dushi for a great day of snorkeling and fun. It is similar to the Jolly Pirates offered by RC but much less crowded and a terrific staff. We went with our daughter [6] and we all had a blast especially going off the rope swing into the water.

Someone mentioned taking a 6 hour cruise with a boat called Tranquillo. I tried to do a websearch for this boat, but couldn't find much information about it.

Does anyone have a website that I can look at?

Thanks.

We have gone on the 43 ft.sailboat Tranquillo with Captain Anthony, contact at www.visitaruba.com/tranquilo/

First class trip with Captain Anthony and his Mom's Dutch Pea Soup. The drift snorkeling at Mango Halto with Captain Anthony was breathtaking, a virgin reef. A memorable trip, and no crowds!

We have also gone on the 40 ft. trimaran sailboat The Octopus with Captain Jethro, snorkeling on the wreck of the Antilla and Boca Catalina, another first class operation. Limited to 22 passengers, not crowded and very laid back with great Mimosas and buffet lunch. Contact at www.octopus-aruba.com

We have also gone on the DePalm Island Jeep Tour with snorkeling at DePalm Island and lunch, a nice day, but I prefer the beauty of the snorkeling trips.

We have been to Aruba on cruises, but now we go for a week or two to relax and take in the beauty of the island. Great people, good food, and fantastic crystal clear water.

If you need more info email me gzyteck@tisd.net and I will be glad to answer any questions I can.

Good Luck

We return to Aruba in November, counting the days!

Gayla

DH and I went to Aruba in 2004 on Coral Princess (Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise) and did the DePalm Island 1/2 day. I absolutely loved the helmet dive!!! It was my first time in water that warm and I loved the freedom of gently walking along the bottom' date=' looking at fish. I thought I was in heaven and DH says the smile on my face was the biggest he has ever seen. I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I would love to go back to Aruba for a week ... one day was not enough![/quote']

Can you tell me more about the 1/2 day? What it intailed? do you need to be real fit physically ?

Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I will be arriving and staying at Aruba for roughly 2 days, Royal Caribbean AOS won't be leaving until the following day around 1AM. Read through the two pages of reviews so far and still trying to come up with a list of activites to do.

[1] So far the ABC Jeep sounds interesting. Does anyone have a link where i can see the prices and availability for this tour? How long does it usually last and is lunch included in the price?

[2] Also, how far is Eagle and Palm Beach from the cruise ship dock..are cab fare generally high in the area?

[3] Are there any safe and funfill place to go after dinner time that is not too far from the ship? Is it safe to travel in small number at night?

[4] Where are the best shopping area on the island?

For all the locals and past travelers..what are some of the 'can not be missed' activities for Aruba?

While i don't mind spending the money, i am on a budget so any money saving tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

- Sillybutt:)

Archived