Cinque Terre?? from the Livorno Port

HI

We are stopping in Livorno. We've been to Florence and loved it. But, I would like to see something new. Has anyone done a Cinque Terre tour from Livorno??? Can it be done in a day? The stop is from 7-7. How do I go about doing this one on my own??

Thanks

Barb

: )

HI

We are stopping in Livorno. We've been to Florence and loved it. But, I would like to see something new. Has anyone done a Cinque Terre tour from Livorno??? Can it be done in a day? The stop is from 7-7. How do I go about doing this one on my own??

Thanks

Barb

: )

There's a thread on this--do a search.....Have a good time.

Another suggestion that would be a little less time consuming and even risky would be Lucca. On our stop at Livorno last year we had two days and my parents did Lucca one day since the Cinque Terre logistic were a bit much and they prefer a more leisurely day.

We did Cinque Terre while staying in SML two years ago and the timing of things was a bit frustrating with trains and boats stopping during lunch hours thus not allowing us to see as much as we wanted. On the way back to SML we ran into a fire near the train track and where delayed 2 hours. Of course, something like that will probably not happen, but it is a risk. If you really want to do Cinque Terre, I'd do it through the ship to ensure you are back safely.

Archived