the inspiration out of tampa 3/4 days ?

dustyroad

[font=Courier New][size=3][color=darkorchid]a ''sun and beach'' friend wants to go on her first cruise with me. she wants to get her feet wet with a 3/4 day cruise without alot of ports. i will be in st.petersburg for a family reunion and wondered about this ship and the cruise that leaves from tampa and goes to cozamul and back. if you have done this trip or sailed on her and would like to tell me about it please let me know. good or bad please. [/color][/size][/font]

Come November Inspiration will go to the four and five day cruises when Sensation moves to the port of New Orleans. The four day goes to Cozumel;the five day cozumel and Grand Cayman. My sisterinlaw did this cruise last year on Sensation-it was her family's first cruise and they loved it.

We have been on Inspiration. she is around 8 or 9 years old, a fanasty class ship and I thought as far as the atruim etc. she was just as beautiful a ship as Miracle, even if Miracle had the supper club, coffee bar and a few other extras-Inspiration is still a nice ship. You still have the pizza station, soft self serve ice cream etc. and you can order cappicinos in several of the lounges so you don't really miss the coffee bar.

I have been watching these boards since March for info on the Inspiration. We are scheduled for a 'Cozumel' only cruise in November & I must say the majority of the comments/reviews for the Inspiration are mostly positive. I am looking forward to our sailing only 129 more days to go! I wish I could find others on here that are sailing on our date.

Inspiration: 11/4/04

One thing I thought of too. Pt. Canavaral is only about a 2 hour drive from Tampa-ofcourse you would have to drive across the state to the east coast but we have done it many times over the years and it is all interstate not a bad drive at all. Fanasty and Sovereign (RCCL) both have 3 and 4 day cruises. Fanasty is ofcourse the original "fanasty class" ship and was refurbished last fall I think.

I just got off of the Inspiration yesterday. It was the seven day cruise. Cozumel was a blast.

The ship can get very rocky in heavy seas. Not really that big of a deal though. It is a Mardi Gras theme, so don't be thrown off by all of the crazy colors.

We had a great time.

Was on her 04-04-04 and loved that cruise and would sail on her again. Tampa was a great port to sail from also. We did a 2 day pre cruise and had so much fun in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area.

[quote name='judyf']Was on her 04-04-04 and loved that cruise and would sail on her again. Tampa was a great port to sail from also. We did a 2 day pre cruise and had so much fun in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area.[/QUOTE]
thanks everybody

it sounds like fun. now i have to get too losing some more weight so i can look decent in a suit

Archived