Anyone who has cruise in January....

:confused: I am thinking about going on the Sovereign of the Seas in Janaury. I have convinced my inlaws (who are moving to Florida near Pt. Canaveral) to come with us. This will be their first cruise, but now I am a little confused...I was looking at someone's pictures from the Sovereign at the end of January and they were wearing jeans and sweats. Is it really that cold in the Bahamas at that time of the year? I don't want it to be a miserable trip bc then my in-laws will hate it. Any advice will help! :confused: :confused: :)

Thanks!

The Bahamas, just like Florida, can have very iffy weather in the winter months. You may luck out and it'll be in the 80's; but then again, it will more likely be in the low 70's (not exactly swimming weather). Go to weather.com and check out the average temps in the Bahamas in January.

We took the Eastern Caribbean cruise this past January out of Port Canaveral and the weather was wonderful. The only time it was cool was on deck at night. It was warm enough to go swimming in the Bahama's and Virgin Islands. We are taking a cruise to the Western Caribbean 01/02/05 out of Tampa.

We have not been to the bahamas in January, but have taken three cruises leaving from Miami/Ft Lauderdale in January.(some people never learn!).

In each case the first two days were rainy/blustery, or sunny and chilly.Definitely not swimming weather. For this reason, we are going on Adventurer of the Seas in January,2005, leaving from San Juan, and heading south. Whatever you decide to do, a day on a cruise ship in cold weather is still much better than a day anywhere else in cold weather!!

Archived