Jun 17, 2006 7-day western magic

dixieslanding

AAAAHHHHH

it's approaching and i don't know if its worth the MASSIVE amount i spent.

been on 3 night and 4 night.. now doing 7.... not into 'hot weather... so i think we are crazy...

anyone done the 7 night western? is it fuN?

Howdy,

we did the western last december and had a great time!!!

Loved Ket West. you can walk to about anything on land that you may want to do. there is a great pirate museum, ship wreck museum, aquarium, hemingway house and much more as well as all the water excurions they offer. It was cloudy so we didnt get to see the famous sunsets there. The ship did stay late enough so those who wanted to party at mallory square could. we didnt but our daughter and her husband did check it out and had a great time. We didnt stop at Cozumel then, it was costa maya. But now it is Cozumel which I have never been too. I had a friend who just returned from there and said it is still badly torn up. You will have to tender there because the dock is still destroyed.

Grand caymen was a more modern island. we did the island tour which was ok. we saw Hell, a turtle farm, the governors house (from the outside) the gingerbread house(from the outside) and a rum cake factory which was super tiny. about the size of my kitchen, but they did have a nice gift shop with free samples there. Daughter did a snorkeling excursion and said it was awesome!!! There were lots of shops right at the port area. They had good prices but they were more expensive than other places I have been. It was very modern, and I personally like more of a tropical look to the islands. I live in Florida so it looked like home to me with large buildings and lots of heavy traffic. But dont let me upset you, it is a very nice place, just not my first choice. If I did water excursion it would of been awesome I'm sure. We are going again in September. Lots to keep you busy on the ship too.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!!! I hope you will post a trip report when you return. I would love to hear what excursions you take and how you liked them before we have to choose ours for the next trip in september.

Have a magical cruise!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Relax! If you've enjoyed the shorted cruises, you're going to love the 7 night. We've done two 7 night cruises (one eastern one western) and I'm not sure I could go back to doing shorted itineraries again. Disney loads the days at sea with all kinds of activities, and you'll continue getting the great food and service that you did on the shorter cruises. In Grand Cayman, I would recommend going to Stingray City. It's an absolutely incredible experience to swim with the stingrays.

just got back from western magic 5/20 - 5/27. we all had a blast! one of the best vacations we've had! plenty to do at all times. didn't do much in key west or cozumel because my kids are still young for most excursions (ages 4 & 6), but we did do capt. bryans stingray excursion and would HIGHLY recommend it! as far as the heat, not sure how it will be in june but most evenings it was quite windy on the water and during the day we were by the pool! i'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip!!

AAAAHHHHH

it's approaching and i don't know if its worth the MASSIVE amount i spent.

been on 3 night and 4 night.. now doing 7.... not into 'hot weather... so i think we are crazy...

anyone done the 7 night western? is it fuN?

We (2 adults and one 4-year boy) on the same trip. It's our first cruise.

I am excited yet a little worried about my son because he does not speak too much English (we are originally from Asia). Any suggestion?!

The CM's who work on the ships are from all over the world. The odds are pretty good there will be a couselor in the kids area that will speak your sons language. They do have this to deal with all the time. People from all over ther world cruise DCL, so many kids dont speak english. I think the counselors are pretty good at using their hands and facial expressions to communicate too. Tell them of your conderns and they will try their best to work with you. You can check in as a visitor and stay with your son in the club if you want, then you could make sure he understands the rules and where the bathroom is etc... Then when he is fitting is, you can leave.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived