transfer ??'s

lilyfrog73

We are just off our 1st cruise and booked our next one. The first cruise was a gift so we had no part of the booking and planning. Everything was done through RCI (transfers, air, pre-night stay). This one we are doing ourselves and have made the deposit on the cruise. Watching air fares as of right now. When is the best time to find good rates?

My next question is, what are some inexpensive transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the port to the airport? (I have found a hotel that has a free shuttle to the port.) I know one answer will be cabs but do you book them in advance or just call one when you need it?

This may sound naive but we are a family of 7 (5 kids) with a "freak out" husband. If I don't have a game plan, he will worry the whole time.

We are doing 4 night Sovereign in April out of Port Canaveral, flying into Orlando (hopefully).

As for getting the cheapest flight you may want to try flying into sanford airport. Its still orlando and not too much further from the port and sometimes has some really good deals especially if you dont mind 1 stop.

I personally think the cabs are more expensive but living in orlando i dont use the transfers too much but all of the reputale ones advertise online.

I, and a lot of other people, prefer to rent a car in Orlando when leaving from Port Canaveral. Several of the companies (I've used Budget) have offices in Cocoa Beach where you can drop the car off and take a free shuttle to the port. This is usually a cheaper option than transfers or limos because there are no one-way fees on rentals in Florida. You also then get the opportunity to drive around and do whatever last minute shopping/sight-seeing/whatever you want to do the day before your cruise.

Archived