Tahiti & Hawaii in Summertime...Kids

AndyPanda

Since this ship really isn't set up that good for children, I doubt you will have that many onboard. Plus it is a more expensive cruise and a longer cruise than say the Caribbean 7 dayers. I would not think it would be a problem at all being over run with young kids.

We will be on the Tahiti/Hawaii cruise this July, and have been on the Tahitian Princess 3 other times. From what I've been told about our July cruise, there will be approx. 45 kids between the ages of 3-18. Princess will have some activities for them most likely, because there are at least 20 children onboard. However, this small ship doesn't have a playroom or facilities like the bigger Princess ships. The pool is very small, as well.

The Tahiti/Hawaii cruise has 4 or 5 sea days, if your children are entertained easily, finding their own fun things to do, they may be okay. I just can't imagine that the majority of children, maybe 12 or under would enjoy that many days at sea, on a small ship.

We took our then 18 year old son a couple of years ago on the 10 day cruise around French Polynesia. At that time the ship was owned by Renaissance cruises and there weren't any sea days. There must have been 15 teens around his age and they entertained each other in the evenings. He had such a great time. There weren't any young kids at that time onboard.

I'll be happy to let you know what activities they have for kids, when we return from our cruise.

Oops, I just re-read your post and realized, you weren't bringing kids with you, you were asking if there would be alot of kids. Sorry, I guess I got carried away with my answer.

Oops, I just re-read your post and realized, you weren't bringing kids with you, you were asking if there would be alot of kids. Sorry, I guess I got carried away with my answer.

LOL I did the exact same thing, read the OP's question wrong. After explainging that there just was not much for the young ones to do on the TP, especially on the Tahiti/Hawaii cruise with so many sea days, I had to go back and edit edit edit.

This ship just doesn't offer much for the young ones. We had a few on our cruise, but there just wasn't anything much for them to do and they became bored very quickly.

Archived