Cayman with children

TBut50

Sounds like a trip to Stingray City is the most highly recommended site. The water is shallow and the folks working the tours will usually help your kids get a good look at the animals. Lopok for threads about Capt. Bryan's or other stingray tours.

We went snorkeling and to Stingray City with Captain Marvin with kids ages 3-5. The little kids didn't stick with the snorkelyng--it was only about 70 and a little wavy--and only one would pet the stingrays but they loved the boat ride and watching everyone else--and the free punch!

We went snorkeling and to Stingray City with Captain Marvin with kids ages 3-5. The little kids didn't stick with the snorkelyng--it was only about 70 and a little wavy--and only one would pet the stingrays but they loved the boat ride and watching everyone else--and the free punch!

Thanks this is what we are probably looking at doing.

BTW where in Neb are you located? Omaha here.

Cpt Bryan has catamerans. It was fun sitting out on the deck with my kids. However, with the 2 year old, I would take the shorter timed one. If I was taking my 2 year old grandchild, I would take a life jacket her size, and put her in a floaty animal ring. The child could float and enjoy the water with an alternating parent-- while mom & dad took turns snorkling and then having fun with the 2 year old.Each parent could have time to snorkle. If I was doing it--and I have in the past ,when my kids were smaller--we went shopping first--about an hour or so, then went on the later snorkler trip--so we could go right back to the ship for showers and a nap before dinner. Or a quick dip in the pool. Doing this plan, saved alot of agravation for me and the kids. Hope this helps.

TBut50

We are near Norfolk--Meadow Grove, actually. That's almost neighbors, right?

I should add to my post that we had eight adults along with the four little kids, so there was always someone willing to stay on the boat with them while the rest snorkeled or fed the stingrays. If you have only two adults, that might make a difference--you'll have to take turns. We did the two snorkel stop. Also, the 8 1/2 year-old might enjoy the snorkeling if the conditions are right. We did bring our own life jackets, but I'm sure the tour boats have them too.

The kids would probably enjoy the turtle farm too, but it is only worth a short stop--30 minutes tops. Or there is always 7-mile beach--almost all kids love the beach.

• 1 month later...

We are going in August with our 2 yr. old daughter and I'm still researching what to do.

Right now I'm leaning toward the semi-sub and going to the turtle farm as the two things I think she would enjoy most. I am just not sure about the stingrays with a 2 yr. old and I am not a real good swimmer/snorkeler so that might make me uncomfortable. We are thinking about renting a car so we can go where and when we want and may also see Rum Point.

Appreciate everyone's ideas!

Jeannene

We are going in August with our 2 yr. old daughter and I'm still researching what to do.

Right now I'm leaning toward the semi-sub and going to the turtle farm as the two things I think she would enjoy most. I am just not sure about the stingrays with a 2 yr. old and I am not a real good swimmer/snorkeler so that might make me uncomfortable. We are thinking about renting a car so we can go where and when we want and may also see Rum Point.

Appreciate everyone's ideas!

Jeannene

Archived