Duct Tape, Collapsible Water Bottles, Hi-lite Pens, Anything Else?

mahreeya

I love this thread....tons of good ideas. I have started shopping for some

of these items now.....60 days before the cruise so I can spread out the expense of it.

I didn't see an answer to the question about plugs....are they two prong

or three prong (grounded)? We will be on the conquest in april if anyone

out there knows...would hate to bring a three when it takes a two!

Keep the great tips coming!

Hi all,

MANY, many good idea's here.

I recommend bringing CLEAR duct tape especially for the instant strapless bra effect!

Also, and I'm not proud to say this, we HAVE carried our room keys in our BRA before!! (for emergency use only..hahahha)

My bestest clue for women is to buy or bring (without opening) some scented lotion or cologne. When you smell that fragrance even 10 years after your trip, it will take you RIGHT BACK to where you were on that ship. Works for me everytime!

Also, we bring mini bottles of liquor for a couple excited "shots" that would cost us 3 times the amount on the plane!

May I ask what the duct tape is for?!?!?

Whatever!! You can tape up leaky holes or cracks. You can cover holes. In Alaska, you can tape the shades shut so the 11:00 Pm daylight doesn't come in the window. Luggage repair. Fold it back on itself and make stick on badge.

Tape up electrical extension cord in room to make it stay neatly out of the way. In rough weather on the ship as an extra barrier to keep bottles from falling off shelf.

I'm rambling now.

I love this thread....tons of good ideas. I have started shopping for some

of these items now.....60 days before the cruise so I can spread out the expense of it.

I didn't see an answer to the question about plugs....are they two prong

or three prong (grounded)? We will be on the conquest in april if anyone

out there knows...would hate to bring a three when it takes a two!

Keep the great tips coming!

Bring a three/two prong adaptor.

Bring extensionn cord.

Hi all,

MANY, many good idea's here.

I recommend bringing CLEAR duct tape especially for the instant strapless bra effect!

Also, and I'm not proud to say this, we HAVE carried our room keys in our BRA before!! (for emergency use only..hahahha)

My bestest clue for women is to buy or bring (without opening) some scented lotion or cologne. When you smell that fragrance even 10 years after your trip, it will take you RIGHT BACK to where you were on that ship. Works for me everytime!

Also, we bring mini bottles of liquor for a couple excited "shots" that would cost us 3 times the amount on the plane!

Save bottles and refill.

a few comments:

- for those who love scented lotions, colognes, perfumes, etc. Please be considerate and use very lightly. These days there are more and more people who are allergic to perfumes and in the closed quarters of a lot of people on board a ship perfumes collect, build-up, and add onto each other. It can be a nightmare for people with allergies. However, the ventillation system is adequate except for those people (both men and women) who think that if they can't smell the scent themselves that it isn't enough. Remember, others can smell the scent long before you can and a little dab is enough.

- Duct tape also makes a good substitute lint brush. Take a piece and wrap it in a loop with the sticky side out, slide onto your fingers and you can pick up all that wonderful light color stuff on your dark suit/tux/dress/gown.

Can't wait...3 days and counting!

Just thought I'd share my find with you all. At Walmart they have a whole puncher called a Buggles. It's the size of a mini stapler and sells for $3.88. I found it in the Craft section/ Fabric area on one of those small hanging displays near the end of an aisle. They had a stapler, whole punch, and a pencil sharpener variety. Best part,it has a hook and holder.

this is thought i had while in my room looking at the other suggestions but what about "dog tags" the millitary I.D. tags that are metal and are a little bigger than two stamps next to each other and for the key card and such maybe the metal ball link chains you can change the length for your neck or to a belt loop or what ever also I am 17 and will be going on my 1st cruise 1 month from today i have a large list and will begin packin soon anything teen specific i should include thanks

It is probably inaccessible to most of you but for those who have access or know someone with access, I just purchased 15 single use detergent packets in the Navy Exchange for $0.29 each! Put that issue to rest! Oh, purchased a five pack of lanyards at Staples for about 5 bucks and got a basic hole punch for $0.95. Tried it on old plastic cards and worked just fine

what is the lavender oil for? also, where do you find collapsible water bottles?

:confused:

Hi! I have been reading this thread and I ADORE it! Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions.

Lavender oil is one of the best deoderizers! It is also great for tension, migraines, headache, insomnia and achiness. You can put a few drops on a tissue to inhale it, or a few drops into lotion to rub onto your skin. It is also, supposedly, an ani-bacterial, but I cannot promise that is true. Don't count on it to kill the Norwalk thingies on your doorhandle. :D

Lavender oil is availible in any health food store. If you like, you could also bring lemon oil (which is THE BEST deoderizer!) and oil of peppermint. When I purchase oils like these, I get them from a reputable source and they are "food grade". ONE DROP of peppermint oil in tea or warm water can really help a queasy tummy and/or a headache. However, if you are nervous about using it that way, get peppermint teabags instead.

Two things to add... I just went to Wal-mart and got a mini lint roller (tape type) for under a dollar and a super mini-umbrella for about $8 for those wierd tropical showers that happen out of the blue. Yes, I would melt in the rain (as my husband teases :D ).

Regarding the lavender oil. I use it for my birthing clients and it is very calming and really makes the room smell great. I put just a couple drops on a dry washcloth and add more if needed. That way, if the scent begins to bother you or someone else, you can get rid of the washcloth. If my client becomes nauseous (or for us, motionsick) you can replace the lavender oil with a peppermint oil washcloth (keep it away form your eyes). Both oils can be purchased from health food stores etc. for about $5 each (for the cheaper brands). As much I love how well these oils work, I won't be using them. Just like how the other poster takes perfumes to remind her of her cruise (scents trigger memory very well), these oils remind me of work. :) I'll have to find a different room freshener.

The last 3 cruises i have been on I brought a hand held hole puncher. We punched a hole in the corner of our cruise cards and then attached them to our Sport lanyard around our necks or on a key ring. it made the card easily accessable, when we wanted to get on and off the ship. Tie it to your beach bag strap while out by the pool, so you don't have to go digging for it when a frosty beverage calls your name. Hang it around your kids necks so they won't lose their cards while exploring the ship.

My husband and i are going to be celebrating our 1st anniversary on the Carnival Spirit 2/21/05, can't wait!

I know it sounds funny, but if you bring one of those milk bone dog treats, its great to use while snorkeling. In St. Thomas we snorkeled off of a beach and would brake off tiny peices of the dog bone and feed it to the fish. they would take it right out of our hands and we were surrounded by fish! It made for some really nice pictures!

Archived