Ground Transportation - FLL to port

How big a deal is it to take a cab from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the Port Everglades port? :confused:

I have started to research airfare from Pittsburgh to FLL for our cruise in Feb, on the Legend. Can't find anything that is much better than what Carnival is offering especially when you factor in the hotel stay to go down the day before - because from what I can tell airfares just keep going up :eek: !

Of course the Carnival air includes the transfers to and from the ship - so I just thought I'd see if that should be a consideration. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

We are also on Legend in February, the 12th to be exact. What date are you sailing? I'm planning a cab to the port, arriving a day early and staying at the Embassy Suites.

We will just miss you :( . We sail 2/4 to 2/12 - 8 day Panama Canal - so we'll do our best to leave her in good shape for you :p .

So you must be doing your own air? What made you choose the Embassy Suites? Do they provide shuttle service from the airport and to the port? Did they offer a good one night rate? :confused: So many questions....so little time...lol!!

So you must be doing your own air? What made you choose the Embassy Suites? Do they provide shuttle service from the airport and to the port? Did they offer a good one night rate? :confused: So many questions....so little time...lol!!

I'm a frequent traveler with work so I was able to use miles to get free first class air and free hotel:cool: , kinda makes up for being on the road and away from home, but not really:(

We spent $12 for two of us in the cab, less than 10 minutes.

Well that seems reasonable :) . Does not seem that the transfers - or cost of a cab on our own - would be a reason to stick with the Carnival air. I guess I'll have to wait to see what the "low cost carriers" like Southwest and AirTran come in with before I make a decision. They are not booking out as far as February yet.

Is it still true that if I book air with Carnival and then I find a better a better deal before final payment - that I can have the Carnival air removed? My PVP told me that last year - but I did not ask if it was still the case for this year.

Well I guess I'll keep looking.....:rolleyes:

Happy Cruzin,

I'm seeing airfare 2-4/2-12 Pitt to FLL on Orbitz for about $240 perperson right now, that's a pretty good fare. The only concern you might have is booking outside of Carnival, any delays, they won't hold th ship for you. To fly 2-3/2-12 is about $253. Sometimes costs are lower by taking 1 stop flights compared to non stop. Info to chew on anyway.

Happy Cruzin,

I'm seeing airfare 2-4/2-12 Pitt to FLL on Orbitz for about $240 perperson right now, that's a pretty good fare. The only concern you might have is booking outside of Carnival, any delays, they won't hold th ship for you. To fly 2-3/2-12 is about $253. Sometimes costs are lower by taking 1 stop flights compared to non stop. Info to chew on anyway.

Well I'll have to look again! That is much better than I was able to find last night :eek: . I did find one through NY for about $300 - but if there is bad weather going through NY might not be a good idea :rolleyes: .

Thanks for the info....I'll keep checking!

We were on the Legend last February and left two days early because we could go to Charlotte and stay there really resonable and the weather reports looked bad. Then we could continue to Ft. Lauderdale the next morning arriving one day early. Am I glad we did the weather socked in the Northeast and one of the ships that left the day we arrived sailed with over 140 passengers missing it. So even one day early may not be enough in some cases.

We were on the Legend last February and left two days early because we could go to Charlotte and stay there really resonable and the weather reports looked bad. Then we could continue to Ft. Lauderdale the next morning arriving one day early. Am I glad we did the weather socked in the Northeast and one of the ships that left the day we arrived sailed with over 140 passengers missing it. So even one day early may not be enough in some cases.

Yep! That is what scares me!! If we book on our own and we get bad weather....we'd be done :( .

I know that even if Carnival books it you can have the same problem because of the unpredictability of the season - but I still think that might be better than being totally on our own. I don't know what to do....it has risks either way :eek:

Archived