Carnival Vacation Club Info Needed

Anyone a member of Carnival's Vacation Club? I know, I know .. it's a rip off .. but other than that (since I am stuck with it), anyone know about the so called perks? For instance, one of the perks is that "friends and family" can share my VIP boarding benefits. Does that mean any or all of my new roll call friends can join me and board first? Can I give out VIP luggage tags to them also? Can I invite them to the cocktails and hordorves party?

I need ideas on how I can use my membership to my FULL advantage!!! You sure cannot get a refund when you find out you have been had so I figure that if I can use it to it's FULL advantage, that is what I should do.

You help and ideas would be most apreciated!

Anyone a member of Carnival's Vacation Club? I know, I know .. it's a rip off .. but other than that (since I am stuck with it), anyone know about the so called perks? For instance, one of the perks is that "friends and family" can share my VIP boarding benefits. Does that mean any or all of my new roll call friends can join me and board first? Can I give out VIP luggage tags to them also? Can I invite them to the cocktails and hordorves party?

I need ideas on how I can use my membership to my FULL advantage!!! You sure cannot get a refund when you find out you have been had so I figure that if I can use it to it's FULL advantage, that is what I should do.

It is my understanding you can bring your group to the VIP party, BUT, they only hold the parties on the 6 ships that have a staff so as for the other 16 ships, "we" were had.

I heard of another family who had to board seperately because they were CVC members and the rest of the groups wasn't so they had to wait. When I did it I had to book me in one room and my wife in the other to get benefits for both rooms and changed the keys at the purser's desk when I got on board.

RE: vip boarding, I was told to bring the 2 other families I am traveling with and they "usually" let them board with me,

the 2 other families would NOT recieve the weclom,e aboard gift

we are going on the miracle which wont have any parties on board

I was also told if I know when I want to eat at the specialty resterant CVC can make the reservations for us

RE: vip boarding, I was told to bring the 2 other families I am traveling with and they "usually" let them board with me,

the 2 other families would NOT recieve the weclom,e aboard gift

we are going on the miracle which wont have any parties on board

I was also told if I know when I want to eat at the specialty resterant CVC can make the reservations for us

"Usually" being the operative word I suppose. The don't want to encourage you to use the family and friends perk eventhough they sold it to you.

When you get back, let us know what happened?

Just returned from the Destiny on 5/28 where we used our CVC perks for the first time. The VIP boarding and disembarkation was definitely a valuable perk for us, but each person has his own definition of value. We had our daughter sailing with us and she was included on the VIP boarding and disembarkation. We were literally the first ones on the ship and in the first group off. We did not change our luggage tags before boarding and the tags for disembarking were marked TBA. We had the plate of strawberries waiting for us in our cabin as promised and we seemed to have better service from ship employees. We did receive 2 letters from the Purser's desk welcoming us aboard and making sure things met to our satisfaction. I agree that the club may not be everything, but so far it has worked well for us.

I was on the Conquest at the end of March. We did not try to get the whole family (9 of us) on by doing the VIP boarding. However, we were the first in line any way so it didn't matter.

Before I left, I called CVC and got ALL 5 of our rooms linked together then reminded them at the CVC desk when we boarded that we were all together. ALL five rooms got the welcome aboard gift, invited to the parties and got VIP disembarkation. Also I told all of the group that if they had questions or needed something to go to the CVC desk instead of the purser. They did and they (CVC) were happy to help them when needed.

On the Valor (end of April) we boarded through the VIP area and were first on the ship behind the wedding parties. Soon after arriving I went to the CVC desk to get them to do a few things for me. First, I am a diabetic, so I told them I didn't want the chocolate covered strawberries. Since this is ordered before you get on the ship they also sent me a canapes tray (it arrived the next day), made my reservations for the supper club and helped get our things off the ship for the orphanage in Roatan.

Other than feel the prices of the cruises are inflated, we have enjoyed our membership so far. Also we use the CVC to book other cruises that we pay for instead of our points. We get the same rates as posted on Carnival and if a price drops we get that as well. The CVC PVP I use has been very helpful with any questions I might have.

Archived