I'm A Big Ole' Chicken

puddinpie31

:confused: :eek: I Booked an excursion in Jamica through Carnival and feel it's too dangerous and want to cancel. Is there any way I can cancel and get a credit on my credit card or am I stuck with paying with something we are too chicken to do? Has anyone out there ever wanted to cancel an excursion that was paid before hand and wanted to cancel before ever boarding the ship?

I have made changes to my excursions on other cruise lines up to the day before the excursion with no penalty. My family did the mountain biking excursion in Ochos Rios and it was very dangerous. Wouldn't do it ever again. It has made me more causious when booking future excursions....

:confused: :eek: I Booked an excursion in Jamica through Carnival and feel it's too dangerous and want to cancel. Is there any way I can cancel and get a credit on my credit card or am I stuck with paying with something we are too chicken to do? Has anyone out there ever wanted to cancel an excursion that was paid before hand and wanted to cancel before ever boarding the ship?

What is excursion? Maybe if you tells us the tour then you can get feedback about how dangerous it really is.

And we have cancelled excursions with Carnival because we changed our minds on what we wanted to do with no problem. The credit will show up on your card.

:confused: :eek: I Booked an excursion in Jamica through Carnival and feel it's too dangerous and want to cancel. Is there any way I can cancel and get a credit on my credit card or am I stuck with paying with something we are too chicken to do? ......
It shouldn't be a problem at all:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_CancelOrder.aspx

"You may cancel all or part of a shore excursion order online at any time prior to the cut-off date. Simply click “modify my shore excursion orders” at the bottom of the itinerary box on the My Reservation page. You will be automatically issued a full refund to the credit card that was used to pay for the shore -excursion order. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account. No changes can made within the cut-off window. If you need to make changes after the cut-off date, you must wait until sailing and see the Shore Excursion Manager onboard. In the event of a cruise booking cancellation within the cut-off window, a full refund will be automatically posted to the credit card used to pay for the order.

If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order cancels their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will be automatically canceled and payment will be refunded.

Once you are onboard the ship, your cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable within 24 hours of arrival in port. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds. Please note; any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation."

John

spacer.gif

What is excursion? Maybe if you tells us the tour then you can get feedback about how dangerous it really is.

And we have cancelled excursions with Carnival because we changed our minds on what we wanted to do with no problem. The credit will show up on your card.

It's the white water rafting excursion. Someone was finally nice enough to let me know how scary and dangerous it was for them. See post on "Has anyone gone White Water Rafting in Jamica?" I have two children that mean the world to me and my child is bringing a friend and I don't want anything to happen to her while she's in my charge. Do I call them or just get on line the same way I booked the excursion and cancel? How did you do it? Thanks for your time.........Lyn

I read that thread also. I am going on a white water rafting tour in Costa Rica but the rapids are class 2, which is more calm then what they were describing. Plus the tour has 2 guides/experienced rafters in each boat. I have rafted on the Colorado in some really wild rapids so I don't think these will be as bad and we had a blast last time! But it is just DH and myself and we are not responsible for anyone else.

My suggestion: Dunn's river falls, you actually climb UP the waterfall and you are holding hands with those in front and behind of you. It is so much fun. I do suggest though that you definitely do some sort of tour as Jamaica is not a place to just wander around...talk about scary!!!!

My suggestion: Dunn's river falls, you actually climb UP the waterfall and you are holding hands with those in front and behind of you. It is so much fun. I do suggest though that you definitely do some sort of tour as Jamaica is not a place to just wander around...talk about scary!!!!

I agree with all of the above. Jamaica is really beautiful, but not a place to wander by yourself. I have done Dunn's River Falls twice, the last time with my son when he was 9. Everyone helps each other, especially children. We have also had to cancel and change excursions and were able to do so online outside the cutoff date, and at the shore excursion desk. Have fun!

I don't know if they still offer it, but another option (if they want to do something with water) is the Great River Rafting trip. You "float" down the river on Bamboo rafts made for 2 people. There is a gentleman with a long pole that propells and guides the raft. The water is not very deep or very fast. At the time, I want to say our Special Needs son was about 9 years old and he and Dad were on one raft...older son and I were on the other. And we did fine. This was also through Carnival.

Remember when reading reviews that it is coming from one persons prespective on their week. Doesnt mean it will necessariy be the same for you.

Before we sailed on the Liberty all the reviews were coming back how bad the food was and how unhappy the crew was..that most of my group wanted to cancel. So glad we didnt because we did not experience any of the stuff that was coming back as negative.

On the Port of calls baord there are a lot of wonderful ideas on what to do in your various ports.

I don't know if they still offer it, but another option (if they want to do something with water) is the Great River Rafting trip. You "float" down the river on Bamboo rafts made for 2 people. There is a gentleman with a long pole that propells and guides the raft. The water is not very deep or very fast. At the time, I want to say our Special Needs son was about 9 years old and he and Dad were on one raft...older son and I were on the other. And we did fine. This was also through Carnival.

This really helps me out. I have a special need son, age 9 and I want to find an excursion that he will enjoy also. We usually just go to a beach but I will like to try something different this year.Is there alot of walking to get to the Great River Rafting? Handicapp friendly?

Archived