Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Just checking in after a long delay. It's snowing here and they're predicting 6" or more. We're more than ready for a cruise. I'll try to answer questions from the "past." Kim (Sebastian): I have two of you scheduled for cave-tubing in Belize. I finally heard back from Brad in Roatan. He said they're on central time and would be at the main gate with signs waiting for us. I'm still sooooo confused about times. I think our best best would be to chat with past Valor cruisers. Looks like the canopy tour/zipline is only through the cruise ships. Brad (orphanage in Roatan) said he has two drivers available (still trying to find out how many they can take). They'll stay with us for the day. $10.00/person. I think we may go to the orphanage and then on to a beach. Brad recommends Half Moon Bay. He says "great beach and great snorkeling." If we can arrange for a canopy tour through the ship, we'll ask for Andrew or Cardi to stop off there. I'm going to contact Sotos again since I never received a confirmation. Guess we'll go with them. Still need to book flights and hotel. We still have a guarantee balcony and guarantee inside room. Can't decide whether or not to select rooms or not. We ended up with a fantastic extended balcony last year (up from an ocean view). I'll get some info posted soon. I'm sure my teens (Emilie, 17, and Michael, 15, would love to converse with other teens.) Thanks for all of the information. Belize -- my husband was disappointed that Carnival didn't offer a tour to the Lamanai ruins. He'll probably do the Altun Ha/city tour. I'll try to check in a bit more frequently. Love reading your postings.

Hi Kathi, good to hear from you. Where are you from? We were supposed to get a "dusting" according to all the weather guys this morning - right now we are at 6 inches and looking at 3 more hours of snow. The good news is we will probably be off school tomorrow with a snow day :D
Thanks for following through on some of the excursions. The canopy tour in Roatan seems to be the biggest question, hopefully it will sort itself out soon so that we know if its possible or not. I'll have some disappointed family members if we can't do it. Now if the cave tubing ever gets discontinued we'll be in really big trouble! :eek:
If you get a chance and you want to share, email me your emails, IM names, etc. and I'll add them to the contact page. It requires a password to enter, so the names aren't readily available to just anyone. [email]lhallspam@cinci.rr.com[/email] (just remove the spam)
Stay in touch, I'm still hoping to hear of good airfares so we can make the rest of our plans.
Sharon

On and off snow all week! Single digit temperatures! I am happy for this weather (yeah, right!) because it will make me enjoy my cruise even more!! (Hey, I'm trying to make lemonade here!) :rolleyes:

Big storm forecast for tomorrow. DH changed his reservation to today to fly to NYC again for the weekend to see his mom. He didn't want to risk not seeing her because of the weather. She's settled into hospice and getting weaker by the day. I hope my kids learn a good lesson from this on how to treat your parents!

Classes started again this week, so back to the grind for me! I know you probably don't have much pity as I've been off for 5 weeks!

Hi everyone. I'm not having a good day here - had a major fender bender this morning :(, but luckily no one was hurt. Plus it is supposed to snow 6-12 inches tomorrow. But at least it's Friday, and I think I'm just going to stay home, drink hot chocolate and hibernate for the next few days.

I think I've decided to do the Tabyanna Beach excursion through Carnival in Roatan. The thread about it here on the Carnival board is really positive, and it isn't that expensive for a ship excursion. So now I know what I'm doing at every port. Still doing the waiting game for airfare though - why is it taking Southwest so long to release their fares? :rolleyes:

Kathy - glad to see that you were finally able to log back in here. My hubby is going to do the Altun Ha tour in Belize too - just not sure whether he is doing the one that includes River Wallace or not. I'm going to talk to him and see which he prefers, since I want to try and book it early in case it sells out.

Debbie, sorry to hear about your accident and its a great thing you weren't hurt. Just one more reason to get away on vacation and away from winter - too bad we have to wait till June.
I think once I get airfares booked I'll feel much more settled. Right now I just keep looking at info about excursions and checking airfares but it seems like I'm just spinning my wheels. I don't know why I need the airfares before making excursion decisions, but it seems to make a difference in my mind. We know without a doubt we want to do the cave tubing in Belize, but thats all that we know. :(

Hi all!

Debbie: Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're OK! Last year I had my car totaled (not my fault) so I know it can be very nerve-rattling! Were you out buying your "bread and milk" for the big storm? I am actually looking forward to the snow...I love just sitting in the house by the fireplace watching the snow fall! I like that ALMOST as much as sitting by the pool on the ship!!

We just booked Victor Bodden's brother George again for Roatan...we'd like to visit the orphanage and have some beach time! Still not sure about Belize...I'd like to do the cavetubing but DD is a bit claustrophobic and not sure about it. WE might just wander around on our own. SInce we'll be in Cozumel so late, we will probably do the Fury Catamaran and beach party and then hit Carlos and Charlies. And on GC....might just stay on the ship. Two summers ago we went to the public beach on Seven Mile Beach and just weren't that impressed. Have already done the stingray swim which was amazing!

Time to go the store to stock up for the big storm....never know how long we'll be snowed in! ha-ha!

Beth

Debbie, what a bummer! I'm just glad no one was hurt!

Beth, like you, I stocked up on food just in case. It's down to 9 degrees and the forecasts are calling anywhere from 3-5 to 9-12 inches! I see you booked Victor's brother, so I guess Victor is already booked. I had contacted him but I was still waiting to find out about the canopy tour. If I had to, I would book the ship to do it.

Here's the response I got from that lady I've been in contact with about the canopy tour. I'm still trying to get more information about it...make sure it's legit. I e-mailed back asking what beach/resort they use for the second option and if the guide would include some sight seeing and shopping. Here's the response:

[color=red][font=Arial][size=2]Hi there,[/size][/font] [/color]

[color=red][font=Arial][size=2]I finally have some info for you![/size][/font] [/color]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=red]There is a brand new canopy tour and it is awesome! It has 20 platforms, with swing bridges, climbing wall and it is through fantastic jungle. There are two ways of doing the tour, one is to do it by yourselves, so making your own way to the canopy tour, which is $55 per head. The second option is to have our guide collect you, take you to the canopy tour, and after they take you down to the beach resort, where they feed you a light island lunch and you can use the swimming pool and private beach. The second tour is $85 per head and includes transport, canopy tour, lunch and use of facilities.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=red][font=Arial][size=2]Let me know what you think.[/size][/font] [/color]

[color=red][font=Arial][size=2]Take care,[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Sandra[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]-----------------------------------------------------[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Sandra Sampayo[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Reservations Director[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]TropicalREZ[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Harbour Centre, French Harbour[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Roatan, Bay Islands[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]US Toll Free: 1-877-540-9692[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]US phone: 1-702[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]-[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]940[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]-[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]0735[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]US Fax: 1-786-549-0129[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Roatan phone +504 455-[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]7[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]8[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]53[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Roatan Fax:[/size][/font] [font=Arial][size=2]+504 455-[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]7[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]8[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2]41[/size][/font]
[/color][email="info@tropicalrez.com"][u][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]info@tropicalrez.com[/color][/size][/font][/u][/email][color=red]
[/color][url="http://www.tropicalrez.com/"][u][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]http://www.tropicalrez.com[/color][/size][/font][/u][/url][color=red]
[font=Arial] [/font]
[font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color]

I finally found someone that had the capers from the Valor for the 12-14 teen group. A * means that particular activity is open for all kids 9-14 years old, otherwise it is either just for the 12-14 teens or the 12-17 teens (which will also be noted). Of course, these are subject to change but should be a pretty good indication of what the activities will be for the week.

Sharon - can we get this added to our group board?

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]
[u]Sunday[/u][/font][/color]
[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]730-800pm - Teen Orientation Camp Carnival, Starboard Side
800-830pm - Teen Hang Camp Carnival
830-915pm - Scavenger Hunt Camp Carnival
930-1045pm - Teen Dance One Small Step Deck 5 Aft
1100-1150pm - Ping Pong Outside Camp Carnival
1200-100am - Late Teen Hang Camp Carnival

[u]Monday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]1000-1100am - Scavenger Hunt* One Small Step
1030-1130am - Sculptures & Numbers Game * One Small Step
1130-1200pm - Valor Kids Feud * One Small Step
1200-130pm - Music Hang Camp Carnival
200-300pm Sports Outdoor Game * Sports Deck 12 Mid
300pm - Go Fetch * Rosies 10 aft
930-1030pm - Bingo Rosies
1030-1130pm - Teen Dance The Caboose Deck 5 Mid
1130-1200am - Crazy Card Game Rosies
12-100am - Teen Hang Camp Carnival

[u]Tuesday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]900-1200pm - Teen Hang Camp Carnival
1200-100pm - Teen Lunch Rosies
200pm - Dress the Contestant * One Small Step
300-330pm - Running Pictionary * One Small Step
330-430pm - Sports Outdoors * Sports Deck 12 Mid
430-5pm - Ice Cream Break * Rosies
830-915pm - Music Jeopardy * Capital Room Deck 4 Mid
915-1030pm - Teen Dance (12-17) The Caboose Deck 5 Mid
1030-1130pm - Who’s line is it Rosies
1200-100am - Teen Hang Camp Carnival

[u]Wednesday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]1000-1200pm - Teen Hang Camp Carnival
200-300pm - Around the World * One Small Step
300-330pm - Ice Cream Skip Bo * Rosies
330pm - Family Scavenger Hunt Camp Carnival
415-445pm - Family Name that Tune One Small Step
700-815pm - Swimming under Stars * Lido Deck 9 Mid
830-900pm - Decorate Pizza * Rosies
900-945pm - The price is Right * Rosies
1000-1030pm - Outdoor Games Outside Camp Carnival
1030-1200am - 12-14's Disco The Caboose
1200-100am - Teen Hang Camp Carnival

[u]Thursday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]900-1200pm - Freeplay * Camp Carnival
100-200pm - Movie Camp Carnival
700-745pm - Wacky Words * Rosies
745-815pm - Mummy Wrap * Rosies
815pm - Leave for Show * Rosies
830-945pm - Far from Over * Ivanhoe Deck 4
1030-1130pm - Teen Dance (12-17) The Caboose
1130-1150pm - Couch Potato Challenge Lido by pizzaeria
1200-100am - T-Shirt Decor/Teen Hang Capital Room Deck4

[u]Friday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]945-1030am - Talent Show * Camp Carnival
1030-1100am - Dance Class * Camp Carnival
1100-1200pm - True/False * One Small Step
1130-1200pm - Yes/No game * One Small Step
1200-1230pm - Teen Lunch Pizzeria Lido Deck
100-500pm - Freeplay * Camp Carnival
930-1030pm - Exerseas Games Deck 11 Aft
1030-1130pm - Teen Dance (12-17) The Caboose
1130-Late - Deck Party Lido Deck

[u]Saturday[/u][/font][/color]

[color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]940-1040am - Scavenger Hunt * Paris Hot Lounge Deck 5 Aft
945-1030am - Talent Show Rehearsal Paris Hot Lounge
1050-1120am - Spelling Race * Paris Hot Lounge
1120-1200pm - Basketball * Sports Deck 12
100-230pm - Sand Art more Camp Carnival
315-400pm - Cookie Ice Cream Contest Rosies
415pm - Talent Show Paris Hot Lounge
930-1030pm - Color Party Disco (12-17) The Caboose
1030-1130pm - Human Sculptures Rosies
1130-1200am - Trivia & Pizza Rosies
1200-100am - Farewell Teen Hang Camp Carnival[/font][/color]

Thanks Debbie, I'll add it later today. I think the more info we have easily available, the better we will like it.
Lance and I were just talking and we all enjoy playing euchre and 10 penny. Does anyone else like this - anyone interested in possibly setting up times during sea days to play some cards? I know our kids all love playing too and would enjoy this in the evenings after the shows. I know not everyone wants to be tied down to certain times, but maybe its something some of us might like to do on occasion?

Sharon - my husband and I like to play euchre. I have never played 10 penny. It would be fun to play on the days at sea.

Marcy - thanks so much for finding the informaiton on the canapy tour. Do we want to make the reservation as a group or do it individually.

I hope everyone that got hit by the storm is making it okay. I don't miss that weather anymore. My husband and I used to live in upstate New York and always had the lake effect snow. We then moved to Florida and had four hurricanes in a row. Now we are in Birmingham and get tornados. I guess there are really no weather safe areas you can live. But we are happy here and don't plan on moving anymore.

Kim, I want to book the canopy tour, but just not yet. It's brand new and I just want to see if I can get more info, a website, brochure, something. I think I'll call the toll-free number Sandra sent me and speak with her. I also want to find out if we can do a little sightseeing if we go with a guide. I posted this info on the Roatan board so maybe someone will book this tour and we can read a review of it!

Sorry, Sharon, we're not card players!:(

It's snowing steadily but it's not the big storm they predicted...yet. My husband is in NYC and he said the predictions are saying 1 to 2 feet!!:eek: Sounds like you east coasters are going to get slammed!

Here's the response I got from Sandra about some of my questions regarding the canopy tour:
[left][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]Hi there,[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][color=red] [/color][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]They don't have a website up and running yet, but they have promised to bring me pictures to send my clients. The guides are very flexible, so they will be happy to stop at Las Palmas for gift shopping and you can stop them any time you want to take pictures. Also, the beach that you get taken to is Palmetto Bay Plantation, and I have attached a picture of the pool and beach.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]I'll send you some pictures as soon as I have them.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]Take care,[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=2][color=red]Sandra[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][color=#ff0000][/color][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Arial][color=black]Have you guys heard of Palmetto Bay Plantation??[/color][/font][/left]

We're also interested in the canopy tour but not ready to commit until there is more info- love getting the updates - its starting to sound positive for doing this.
I've added some more info to the website - the teen capers should be up and running, there is a link on the main page. I've also added some cabin numbers on the password protected page, if you want to include yours just email me and let me know...

Hi everyone!

It's snowing like crazy here...we're supposed to get 10-14 inches before it all ends!

I hope we are docking at the Punta Lagosta pier in Cozumel...that's where we always docked with Disney and NCL. Very convenient after a long day at Carlos and Charlies..out the door, across the street and you're back at the dock. If we are at the international pier, that's a definate cab ride to C&C. When we were in Cozumel 3 weeks ago, there were 6 other ships in port and one of the Carnival ships had to tender in...hope we won't! Since we'll be there on a Friday, we probably will be able to dock.

Marcys: I thought C&C has always been at the Punta Lagosta pier...it's been there for at least the last 3 years that I know of!

Debbie: How are you doing with all the snow? Talked to DD at Temple and she said its just starting to accumulate there...and can you believe she forgot her snow boots when she went back on Monday? We told her to hit the Payless right around the corner from her dorm for some cheap boots! Sounds a little iffy for the game tomorrow...I was watching the channel 10 news out of Philly and I think the wind will be a huge factor tomorrow....Go Eagles!!!!

Getting a little bored here...and when I bored, I eat and don't want to do too much of that! It's pretty bad when you don't gain a pound on the cruise and then come home and add on a few!!!!

Beth

Marcy - I think that in Cozumel we will be docked at the Puerto Maya pier, which is right next to the International Pier. Not sure how far that is from Carlos N' Charlies though, since I've never been to Cozumel before. Does anyone else know? :confused:

Beth - the snow isn't too bad here yet, but it isn't supposed to stop until late tomorrow morning. You couldn't pay me enough to go to the Eagles game tomorrow - I'd much rather watch it from the comfort and warmth of my home. :cool:
GO EAGLES!!! :D

[left][b]I found this online at [url="http://www.travelnotes.cc/travelers/cruise.html"]http://www.travelnotes.cc/travelers/cruise.html[/url][/b][/left]

[left][b]Where are you docking? [/b][/left]

There are 3 cruise ship piers. Please check where you will be docking.
[list=1]
[*]Punta Langosta Pier
[list]
[*][left]downtown, just north of the Naval Base. [/left]
[*][left]walk to restaurants, bars, shops, duty-free, etc. [/left]
[*][left]taxis everywhere
[/left]
[/list]
[*]

TMM International Pier

[list]
[*][left]about 7 minutes by cab from downtown [/left]
[*][left]taxis readily available
[/left]
[/list]
[*][left]Puerta Maya

[list]
[*][left]about 7 minutes by cab from downtown just south of the international pier [/left]
[*][left]surrounded by flea market, waterfront restaurant, duty-free shops [/left]
[*][left]taxi stand at exit
[/left]
[/list]
[/left]
[/list][img]http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/graphics/maps/cruise.gif[/img]

[u][b]Cruise Ship Schedules[/b][/u]: The cruise ship schedule is not always the same as the local time of the visiting city/island. If your ship leaves in eastern time, it remains in eastern time even when arriving in Cozumel. That means you will arrive 1 hour earlier local time. It also normally takes about 30 minutes to get off the ship at port.

[b][u]General rule of thumb[/u][/b]: If you are sailing from Florida, you will arrive 1 hour earlier local time. I.e. Ship schedule indicates 10:00AM arrival; you will arrive at 9:00AM Cozumel time. If you are sailing from Texas, your ship time will be the same in Cozumel.

Debbie, that's good information. Now, we just need to confirm where we are docking. This will be my 3rd time in Cozumel and I've never been "into" Cozumel city itself. Just Chankanaab and Paradise Beach!

It's actually stopped snowing, for now anyway. Plow just cleared my driveway, I just shoveled the walk...wait a minute...isn't that what teen age kids are for!!:eek:

Archived