Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Hello All,

I will also be saing on 6/12 on the Valor. I'll be traveling with my husband, Everett, and my kids Emily 6 and Tristan 9. This will be our third cruise on Carnival. I can't wait!! We live in Miami so we don't have to travel far to the ship. HA HA. Sometimes we just drive by the port to look at the ships and wish it was time to be boarding again.;)

Michelle

Victory (11/2001)
Triumph (3/2003)
Valor (6/2005)

My family will also be traveling on 6/12. We are a family of four. My husband, I and two kids Emily 6 and Tristan 8. We have sailed on two Carnival Ships before and can't wait to go on this one!!! We live in Miami so we don't have to travel far. Sometimes I just drive down towards the port to look at the ships and wish I were already boarding. ;)

Michelle

Victory 11/2001
Triumph 3/2003

Michelle, of course we are all jealous! Most of us are sitting inside this weekend watching the snow pile up. :( We have a great group going, but its also nice to hear from others that will be on board. Have you decided on what you will do at each port? Any great Carnival tips you can share? This is my first Carnival cruise, but not first cruise - we always love to hear other people's experiences and tips.

The snow must be bad up north. My mom just called from Galveston, TX. They are leaving out of there on Grand Princess going to the western carribean. Departure was to be at 4pm. It is now 1 1/2 hours late departing. They are waiting for some airplanes to get in that were delayed do to the weather. It is wise to travel a day early for this reason.

Hi Michelle!!! Welcome to our roll call!!! :D We are always glad to have new cruisers find us!! You are so lucky to live in Miami right where all the cruise ships leave from. I certainly wouldn't mind being in warm Miami right now instead of here in Philly with 10 inches of snow. :rolleyes:

[color=blue]Kathy is having problems logging into cruise critic again, so I am posting the following message for her:[/color]

[color=blue]I was able to respond to those on our Valor board last week, but now am unable to do so again. I've talked to Laura who has had me try a number of things, but none of them have worked. My son has been trying to help; he's had no luck either. Anyway, I'm still here -- more or less snowed in in Ft. Wayne, IN. Brad (Roatan/orphanage) provided this information re: drivers. Andrew and Cardi each have a van that holds 8 - 10. Other drivers are available too. We're planning to go to the orphanage and then to the Half Moon Bay Beach (not sure about the canopy tour). Andrew and Cardi charge $10.00/day/person. Since everyone has different interests, I'm just going to share Brad's e-mail address. Anyone who would like to can contact him about drivers for the day. [/color][email="brad@csiroatan.org"][color=blue]brad@csiroatan.org[/color][/email][color=blue]. Has anyone heard anything more about local times? I tried the time converter, but it has us getting into Roatan at 5:00 a.m. (if ship time is 7:00 a.m.). That doesn't sound right. I'm worried about Belize too. We're supposed to arrive at 9:00 a.m. Our Wet-N-Wild cave-tubing is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. The time converter has us arriving in Belize at 7:00 a.m. (ship time 9:00 a.m.) Help! Did you ever decide for sure about the sting rays in Grand Cayman? Are you still going with Sotos? Someone mentioned a group tour with Native Way. We're game. Maybe someday I'll be back on the boards. Stay warm. Kathy[/color]

Michelle, glad to have you join us! I think we have a fun and lively group going on Valor!

Still snowing here, probably a foot so far. Just got home from Greg's soccer tournament, and the drive home was very slow and stressful. Dave says its really, really heavy in NYC, but that Manhattan looks so pretty.

Michelle, it was late when I posted last night but I just wanted to let you know that if you are sailing with us and would like to be part of our group, then you ARE a Valor Voyager!!:)

Have you checked out our webpage? [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url] We have some fun and useful information posted there. If you want to send in your bio, pictures, and other information, there's a link on the page to use to send it to Sharon.

How is everyone this morning? We woke up to an absolutely gorgeous blue sky and a foot of snow! Now we just have to dig out...again!

Michelle - I see that you are new to cruise critic, so I thought I'd also welcome you to the boards here. Just be aware that they are very addictive! :eek: Anyhow, if there is anything that you want it to say at the end of all of your posts (like your name and a list of the ships you've sailed), just click on User CP up on the menu bar, then Edit Signature. Type the info you want into the box and save, then every time you post that information will show up on the bottom. If you have any other technical questions about how to use the boards here just post it here and we'll try to help you. :)

I'm not sure if you read through our whole thread here, but we have lots of fun things planned. Sharon (lhall85917) has created a website for all of the cruise critic people that are going on this cruise. [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]Here is a link to our site[/url]. It has an area with pictures and bio's for everyone, tour and port information, and lots of other information on there. Some of the info is private like e-mail addresses and chat screen names, but once you e-mail Sharon with your information she will e-mail you back with the password. You should check it out and send your info to Sharon to have it added to the site. There is a link to Sharon's e-mail address on the website. :cool:

Things have been quieter today - no more snow, lots of sun, but still very cold! I guess it will melt whats on the street enough to get to school tomorrow! I just added Michelle's info to our website - we are getting quite an impressive list, hopefully we will keep adding to it!

Hello Everyone. Today I can read and reply. Who knows? Not much new here. We're just trying to stay warm. Still looking for airfares. I'm anxious to figure out ship time vs port time. I'm a little nervous about that -- especially in Belize where 20 of us are booked with Wet-N-Wild for cavetubing at 10:00 (local time). Thanks for the updates on the canopy tour. I'm thinking that our family of 4 will head to the orphanage with Andrew or Cardi, tour the island, and head for the beach. Since Andrew's and Cardi's vans hold 8 - 12, we're willing to have someone join us if interests are similar. Can't beat the price of $10.00/person/day. Sure love these boards. Counting the days until June (especially on these cold winter days). Doesn't warm sun and blue sea sound great?!

Kathi, I just confirmed using the time converter on our website that 10 Belize time is 12 ship time. If the tour is 5 hours, it gets back 3 Belize time which is 5 ship time. We are in port from 9 to 6 ship time.

I don't know about you guys but that's way too close for me. It leaves almost no leeway at all. We were delayed last year with Coral Breeze and just made the last tender.

Since we are filling a van, I wonder if we can get them to take us out earlier. We dock at 9 which is 7 Belize time. Kathi, can you check with them and see if they could take us out earlier? Or let me know, and I'll contact them.

Did I figure this out right??:confused: :eek:

I agree with Marcy - we should try to get our excursion in Belize changed to one hour earlier. I definitely don't want to take any chances with us not making it back to the ship in time. :eek:

Had a great day watching the Eagles game!!! :D Now we're watching to see who our opponent will be at the Super Bowl.

Debbie, there are some places I wouldn't mind being stranded, Belize is not one of them!! :eek: If they won't accomodate a time change, does anyone remember reviews of the ship's tour of if Xtreme had an earlier tour? I know there are more people and one less cave.

Didn't see any of the game. Glad your team won!!:D

I'm like you Marci and Debbie, I don't like to have to worry about return times. Even though we've been reassured that they will make the ship, I would be very nervous on the ride back if we are cutting it close for time. Perhaps since we have the whole group, he wouldn't mind picking us up earlier - the earlier the better!

Dave's mom died this morning. He just flew back last night from visiting with her. When he left he told it was OK to let go, she had struggled and suffered enough, and that he loved her. He's not sure whether she heard him or not but by the time he got home, hospice had called to say her blood pressure was dropping and then she died this morning. We're leaving for NYC today for a funeral tomorrow.

Catch up with you all in a few days!

Marcy - I am so sorry to hear of Dave's mother's passing. I hope that your family can take comfort in knowing that Dave was able to spend time with his mother before she passed, and that she is no longer suffering with her illness. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry for your family Marcy. I am sure she felt at peace since your husband was there for her. We will be thinking and praying for you during this time.
Hope everyone else is staying warm, you have really had the weather. Those of us in warmer climates marvel at how you do it.
Still waiting for Southwest to come up with fares in June. I bet we will have to wait until Feb. for them. I am still very confused about times. Does the time converter take into count Daylight Savings Time. Does everyone else switch to it or only the U.S.? I am safe booking my trip in Grand Cayman I think. Not sure yet of Belize or Roatan. Sorry I forgot who found out the information on the new Zip line. But thanks so much, it sounds like a lot of fun also.
Take care everyone and have a great week.
Rebecca

Good morning everyone!!! I just checked, and Southwest still hasn't released their fares yet! :mad: I can't believe that we are 4 1/2 months from our cruise and I still haven't book my airfare. I usually plan things well in advance, and this is a huge loose end that is really bugging me! Oh well, I guess they have to release them soon, right??? :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Hi Debbie, you and me both are waiting. I finally called them and the agent told me she did not even know when they are releasing them. What's up? I wonder with the price of fuel flucuating so much they are hedging their bets for prices. It is really bugging me also. Even Jet Blue already has a schedule out until Sept. I like to have everything wrapped up and done by now. It is bad enough I have guaranteed rooms. Don't think I can take 2 unknowns!!
Guess wel will just have to wait! Have a great day anyway.
Rebecca

Unfortunately, Kathy is having problems posting again, so here is a message that she asked me to post for her:

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Can't sign on today, but I am able to read the boards. Would you please pass my messages on? I want to offer my condolences to Marcy, Dave and family. I lost my dear mother last Feb. It's never easy even when we're "prepared." Thoughts and prayers are with you. Re: Belize and cave-tubing. I'm sure Marvin will accommodate our times and meet our needs. After all, we're filling a 20-passenger van. Before changing times however, I want to hear from some who've been on the Valor and can vouch for times. As I mentioned before, I can't believe we'll be docking in Roatan at 5:00 a.m. and departing at 1:30 p.m. (times according to the conversion table). Let's talk to past Valor passengers and hear from the locals and then plan accordingly. I don't want to "cut it too close." We're in Belize for 9 hours. We can work this out with Marvin. I'll be in touch one way or another. Still haven't overcome my computer "problem" obviously. [/color][/size][/font]

I just sent an e-mail to Ron Pass - the piano bar singer that is currently on the Valor - asking him whether the ship time changes to match port time in Belize, or if there is an hour difference between ship time and port time for Belize. Ron has been very helpful here on the boards with answering different questions, so hopefully he'll respond to my e-mail soon.

If Ron is able to confirm that there is a one hour difference now, then we need to find out from Wet N Wild whether or not they switch to daylight savings time in the spring (which I believe they do not). If they do not switch, then we would have a 2 hour difference between ship time and port time, making our time in Belize (on Belize time) as 7:00am to 4:00pm, and we would need to adjust our excursion time accordingly.

Clear as mud, right? :(

Archived