Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

The categories that I noticed as missing from Carnival's site (which usually means they are sold out) are:

Inside: 4A, 4B and 4C
Oceanview: 6A and 6E
Balcony: 8A and 8B
Suites: 12

I know that triples and quads are also EXTREMELY limited. Someone wanted to book an inside triple or quad months ago and they were already gone, so I doubt that there are many oceanview or balcony cabins left that are triples or quads. Plus prices have gone up in the past few weeks too.

Hopefully some more cruisers from our week will find our thread here and join in the fun! :)

Glad I changed our room when I did since the balcony catagory is sold out. Which I knew which room I have. I could only book a guarantee, so no choice. I knew this ship would be popular during the summer. The itinerary is pretty unusual. New ports for a lot of people. That is what sold us on this cruise, plus the great deal. Glad I found out, thanks Debbie!!

Hi everyone!

This seemed like an incredibly long week...I guess it's the combination of the cold weather and DS being home sick for 3 days! Had a viral infection so just lots of Advil, liquids and rest!

Debbie: It would be great if Sharon could somehow add the Capers to the website! I'm anxious to see them but didn't want to add another name to LisaV's list of people who wanted them! Are you ready for the big game? I bought the Eagle's "one" t-shirt to wear to school today! DD, who is at Temple, is SO excited for the game and the crazy party that will follow when the Eagles win!

I'm still waiting for Southwest, too. I check them every morning before I go to school and at school, and when I come home from school.....

Have a great weekend everyone.....GO EAGLES!!!

Beth

Marcys,

Since we booked through Carnival, we have until the 29th of March to pay ours...just a few more weeks to save up more money!

We booked 2 cabins, one an inside (2217) and an oceanview guarantee. Our Carnival rep. said that both would most likely be upgraded and they would keep us close together. BUT...I checked the deck plans on the Carnival website and cabin 2217 IS an oceanview...do you think we got an upgrade on the inside already? I even checked our confirmation and it's listed as a catagory 1A, cabin 2217 and the other is listed as a guarantee OV. Not sure what to make of it! ANy thoughts?

Beth

Happy Weekend everyone,
The sun is shining and we're expecting temps of over 50 degrees, but we're facing a tough weekend. We have to put our 18 year old dog to sleep this morning and its not going to be easy. The hardest part will be telling the kids who have grown up with him.
On a lighter note - we're still enjoying reading a few more reviews of the Valor that showed up this week - hoping for more. Still watching for airfares, not much change there.
Enjoy your weekend - hopefully you'll enjoy a break in the weather too.

Sharon, I am sorry to hear that you have to put your dog down.:( It must be a very difficult decision, but one made out of your love for your pet. My pets are still relatively young, but I know that someday I will have to make that same decision and I think that knowing that you are doing it for the dog's own good would probably make it a little bit easier.

The temps are warming up nicely here too. Everyone that has it now should make sure you go out and enjoy this weather while it lasts. :cool:

[b][color=darkgreen]GO EAGLES!!! :D [/color][/b]

Sharon, so sorry about your dog. We had a cat for 18 years that was suffering with cancer and I still feel bad that I didn't make the decision to have her put to sleep to end her suffering, I kept her alive because of my kids and I regret that.

Hello Everyone: Just back from a week in Albuquerque -- at least it's sunny today. That makes the transition a little easier. Still reading about time changes, etc. Marvin (Belize - Wet-N-Wild) tells me that Belize is on Central Standard Time (no daylight savings time). If the ship has us adjusting clocks, I'm not worried at all. Arrival/departure times in port are bound to "match" ship time. We have a balcony guarantee and an inside guarantee. Think I'll call Kevin to check to see what rooms are still available and "lock" our rooms in. Haven't been online for about two weeks. Looking forward to reading some more Valor reviews. We don't have airline tickets yet. Getting a little nervous.

[quote name='cruiserkathi']We have a balcony guarantee and an inside guarantee. Think I'll call Kevin to check to see what rooms are still available and "lock" our rooms in. [/QUOTE]
Kathy - if you booked a guarantee category that is now listed as sold out, it is too late to pick a specific cabin now. You can only do that if the category you selected still has cabins available - then you pick from the list of available cabins. At least that is how it worked for my group that sailed on the Miracle last year.

I am so sorry for you Sharon. We had to do that for our cat last year who had been the family pet also. My kids took him together. You do know it is for the best but just hard.
I don't think any of us that booked guarantees will find out for awhile. It does seem like most of the last rooms booked where guarantees. Just hope I get a room not right below any loud places!! Last year we were on the Zuiderdam and got a room way in front. Thought I would hate it but really was nice and quiet, occasionally we could hear the piano bar but not bad. Once got under a food preparation station and they were so loud from around 2:00a.m until 4:00a.m. I usually can sleep through anything but they either walked really heavy or dropped alot of stuff!!
Good luck tomorrow Eagle fans. We are cheering them on. It would be nice to have someone beat New England! I am having friends over and will try and stick on my diet. Yea, right. My poor husband has to travel to Atlanta tomorrow and will probably get to see only half the game.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Rebecca

Marcy, thanks for asking. It was a very tough day and hard on both of the kids, especially Kristen being away at school and we weren't there to help her with it. She had a really hard time, but her boyfriend, Stephen, who is going on the cruise with us is there with her and helped her. I think she will be fine. Amazing how attached we get to our pets and Grover was with us for a very long time!

I got the capers!!! I got the capers!!! :D I am so excited you would think I won the lottery. :rolleyes:

Sharon - did you get them too? If not let me know and I'll forward them to you. Will you be able to post them on our group website? I'm sure (or I hope) that I'm not the only crazy person that couldn't wait to see them. :p

I thought it was a bit of a challenge to get them to print right. I ended up opening them using the Paint program and then adjusting the Print Setup until I get get everything to fit on one page.

Hi Debbie, isn't it fun getting ready to go on a cruise!! I am like you, just love the excitement of it all. Well, so much for my Southwest theory of "I am sure on Feb 6 they will open up airfare". Still only till June 6. I am sure that last year when we flew Southwest that they had summer opened up before now. Maybe not and I have no memory!! Oh well, at least we know that nobody else is getting airfare through them and taking up all the good flights!!
We have 4 different airports we can use here so I just try and get the closest one with the best times. Are you going to take Carnivals busses to Ft. Lauderdale? Still trying to decide. Have a great week everyone!
Rebecca

Hey gymbrat - good to see you posting here!! Welcome to our roll call!! Don't be a stranger - join right in. :)

Hopefully Sharon will be able to add the capers to our group board so that everyone will be able to see them. If she can't do that, then I would certainly be willing to e-mail them to everyone. Let's see what Sharon says then go from there.

Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D It worked! Wow, viewing the Capers really makes my mouth water! You can also see the time changes posted at the bottom of each page. Does anyone know how much the air brushed tatoos are? For my daughter, not me!:eek:

Thanks Sharon, you do such a great job. It was so fun reading all the capers. Makes me want to be on a ship right now, exspecially since we are having a rather gloomy, rainy day. Sorry for you Eagle fans, at least it was a good game. Have a great week everyone.
Rebecca

Good morning everyone!

Took the day off from school...I have a horrible cold and sore throat! I'm sure I picked it up from one of my first graders! But I have been enjoying reading the Capers! Thanks so much Sharon!

I guess all of us Eagles fans are a little bummed this morning. I actually missed the whole game...went to bed at 7:00 but DH filled me in! Well, there's always next year!

Does anyone know if we can pre-book excursions? WE're thinking about the Lost World Canopy in Belize. Saw a piece on canopy tours in Costa Rica on the Today show the other day and it looks awesome! Just have to convince DS to do it!

Voleymom: We are using a limo service to get from Ft. Lauderdale to the port on Sunday, but my parents always use the CArnival bus and have been happy with it! I just like to set my own time rather than having to be ready when the bus wants to leave!

Have a good week all!

Beth

Archived