Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Just when I thought we finally haad this time thing figured out by reading the Capers, look at the post by LittleGoo75 on this recent Valor review. He/she says the ship stays on Miami time!:( [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3022483#post3022483"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3022483#post3022483[/url] Some how I'm more trusting of the Capers than this report.

Marcy - I saw that post too. I doubt that they would adjust the ships clocks one week, but not do it the next time. I posted and asked them to re-check their capers (assuming they kept them) to make see if it says to change your clocks or not.

I posted on the airline forum looking for info about when SW would post fares - here's one of the responses... I'm not sure that I totally understand it, but it seems to say that when they get within a window of about 112-135 days out they will extend dates available.

Originally Posted by lhall85917
They only have fares through June 6. Is this typical? Any thoughts when they will show up?

The following is what is posted at the Flyer Talk Forum:

By limiting its schedule horizon, Southwest virtually eliminates the need to cancel or reschedule flights before the date of travel. Those changes cost the other airlines a lot of money to handle, and they annoy customers. Once Southwest publishes a schedule, it is nearly cast in stone. Even after the 2001 terrorist attacks, Southwest did not drop flights as the other majors did.

The schedule is usually extended on a Thursday morning, around 10 AM Central Time. One tipoff is when the current sale is "through the end of the schedule" rather than having a specific ending date.

Based on 2004 data, whenever the open schedule days drops down to to the 112-135 range (112 Jan, 119 Feb, 135 Mar, 131 May), the schedule is then extended to be in the 150-177 range (150 Jan, 176 Feb, 172 Mar, 177 May).

Great info Sharon!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :)

Maybe this Thursday will be our lucky day!!! I certainly hope so since we are now down to 117 days until our cruise (which is 111 days from their current fare cut off of June 6th).

Chad - we're not quite there yet, but we're getting closer. Imagine how those of us that booked a year in advance feel. :eek:

[b]Snowball,

That's why I book my cruises and excursions at the last minute! LOL!!

Actually, I usually plan my cruises about 3 months in advance and just pay in full and book my excursions a month in advance!!:D

Just trying to book one cabin, I can almost always find a cabin on a particular ship within the month we want to go.[/b]

Debbie, ya wanna go crazy...go back to that post again. It seems like some said they changed times and the others said they stayed on ship's time!!:eek: Also, I asked about catching an early tender so we can meet Wet and Wild early and get going early...there's some advice given. Here's the link again. [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3022483#post3022483"][color=#606420]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...483#post3022483[/color][/url]

FINALLY...I found someone who's done the new canopy tour through TropicalRez. Here's the link, the post starts offf with someone asking how safe Roatan is and ends up talking about the new canopy tour! [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=136432"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=136432[/url]

Marcy - I've been thinking about it, and decided not to worry about the time change issue for Belize. Wet N' Wild does this all the time and they will have a better idea of what time the Valor gets into port, and I'm sure that they will be there waiting for us when we get there. I am more worried about everyone in our cave tubing excursion making sure they get into the tender line early enough to get an early number, so that the rest of us don't end up waiting for everyone to get there.

Leave it to me to decide to not worry about one thing, and end up finding something else to worry about instead. :rolleyes: :p

I'm concerned, too, about everyone getting on line for the tender tickets early so we can get off the ship early. What we did on another cruise was we all met and went to the ticket line together. Actually, since they give 4 tickets per person, we only need to have 5 people in line (you, me, and 3 others) to get all 20 tickets. If it's per person, not per cabin, then our spouses count as 2 more. Then we just have to worry about getting all 20 off the ship!

More from the Southwest question -
Word on the Flyer Talk forum is that the schedule will be extended this Thursday, the 17th, around 10:30am CST....around the same time they make the big Pittsburgh announcement.

I love SWA and fly them whenever possible. They do get me pretty annoyed, though, when they only post their schedule a few months in advance. The flip side is that once I book a flight on SWA, I know it's not going to be changed.

The zip line looks fun, but a little scary!! You don't have to worry about us being on time for an early tender for cave tubing - we are early birds - if we need to be there by 8, we'll probably be there by 7:30 or 7:45- must be something about the obsessive personality.... :eek:

Hi everyone, just got back from a 2-day trip to Disneyland. They were having a 2 for 1 so several of my girlfriends decided to go and just stay. Had a blast and rode Tower of Terror 6 times. Also the rollercoaster 3 times. Wow, am I tired!! Disneyland was pretty busy yesterday but California Adventure was great today. Now I am catching up on the boards. I couldn't believe it when I read about the time change or should I say no time change!! How could they not change the times. Wouldn't that put us 2 hours ahead in Roatan? Or am I now totally confused? The good news is we are finally going to get a schedule for Southwest!! Then we can finally really for sure have almost everything planned out!!
Marcy, that zipline looks fun and sounds very similar to the other one. I hate to put you in charge but we would love to do that also. If you wouldn't mind would you add us to the group. There will be 4 of us. If you would rather not do all of it just let me know. If they need a deposit I could e-mail them or call. Thanks for posting the pictures. Doesn't it look beautiful? Isn't Roatan a beautiful place. Have a great Wed. everyone!!
Rebecca

Excited? What would I be excited about? :rolleyes:

Oh sure, it will be nice to have a vacation from work. And to sail on a new ship. Eat the delicious food and have a few foo-foo drinks and some Carnival's great pizza. See some onboard shows and visit the different bars and lounges - don't forget about the pub crawl. ;) Going cave tubing in Belize, swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, seeing the natural beauty of Roatan, visiting Paradise Beach by day then partying at Carlos N' Charlies at night!!! :cool:

Ok, I guess the secret's out - I am very, very, very excited!!! :D

I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The anticipation is already here and its three and a half months away:confused:
I do not no how I will make it until June. This is the hard part of booking a trip early. Now I have to think about my cruise and can't concentrate on work or my kids or cleaning the house or anything else. The rest of my life may fall apart by June, but at least I'll be ready for this cruise!!:D

Hello: Thanks for the Southwest Airline update. I think the idea of getting 5 of us to pick up early tender tickets for Belize is a great idea. Remember, Marvin said he'll be there when we are. We can even e-mail him from the ship. Now, another excursion question. My husband doesn't want to go cavetubing, but did want a Mayan Ruin excursion in Belize. I booked with Wet-N-Wild (good ol' Marvin again). I booked the Altun Hun/City Tour. It's scheduled to depart at 10:00. I think it's $45.00 for a 4 1/2 hour tour. When I booked, Marvin said we were the only ones and he needs six. That shouldn't be a problem, should it? Anyone else interested? The Wet-N-Wild Altun Hun/City Tour is listed on our website. I'll ask Marvin if we can get a group discount for Carnival Valor cruisers. I'll e-mail Marvin. Anyone else interested? Contact Wet-N-Wild and book directly. I for one am really excited. I love to cruise.

Hi Chadgates, glad you are coming along with us!! Should be a great cruise.
Where is Astro World? Love all the scary rides but really tired today. Felt like I was still riding some of them! Maybe I am getting to old for all that nonsense. Chadgates could you please tell me a little about the tour you are going on in Belize? I am still deciding what to do there. Is it thru the ship or on your own?
Debbie, since you have gone on Carnival before can you tell me about the Pub Crawl? Do you go from place to place on the ship? I can't even believe that it is only 3 1/2 months away. Time if flying!!!

The only cruise that I've gone on that had a pub crawl was the Miracle, and I didn't participate but had friends that did. My understanding is every meets up at the same time at a certain bar (which is listed in the capers) and the group then progresses to each and every bar/lounge on the ship and stays at each one for a short period of time (about 15-20 minutes or so - definitely long enough to get a drink).;) On the Miracle they gave out mardi gras beads at each bar - a different color each time. The friends of mine that participated had a great time, and I plan on going this time on the Valor. :cool:

[center][b][size=3][color=red]***Southwest's fares are on the website now!!! ***[/color][/size][/b][/center]

I just booked my air!!! I am so happy! I got a good rate of $157 per person, but to get that rate we have to return home on Monday instead of Sunday. Oh poor me - having to stay in Miami for one extra day. :p But we have really good flight times too - leaving at 9:35am going to FLL and leaving at 1:20pm for the return flight back home.

Whew - I am so glad to have that taken care of. Can you tell? :D

Debbie, glad your flights are taken care of. I just need to book a hotel.

If you think we have problems figuring port times, someone just posted on another thread that they have all the same worries but...get this...daylight savings occurs in the middle of their cruise!!:eek:

Hi everyone!

Finally...we have our air booked. Debbie...we'll be on the same flight down to FLL with you! But we are coming back on Sunday. I was out shopping all day with friends and DH made the arrangements and he never thought about staying an extra day to get a cheaper rate...oh well! At least that's done! Now we need to make our hotel arrangements and we'll be all set!

While I was out shopping, saw some really cute cruise wear!!! Didn't buy any yet though!

We definately want to do the pub crawl...sounds like lots of fun!

Have a great Pres. Weekend...no school for me till Tuesday!

Beth

Archived