Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Sharon - have you ever tried a Miami Vice? They are one of my favorite cruise drinks. It is half pina colada and half strawberry daquiri, and they pour them into the glass at the same time so they don't mix - half the glass is pink and the other half is white. Tastes yummy too!!! :D

Hi everyone!

My first drink will either be a Corona or a Tangueray and Diet Tonic! I'm not much of a fruity drink drinker!

Debbie: Any whale sightings? DD called from Temple and said that a beluga whale is stranded in the Delaware! Hope he finds his way home!

Marcy: You'll be very happy with your driver from Victor! We're anxious to see his brother George again!

Have a good hump day!

Beth

Well I typed a whole message and all that showed up was hi everyone!! I hate dial up and am so jealous of all of you who have fast internet. I would pay almost anything if I could get it!!
Anyway I love Pina Coladas and it is a tradition to get one for sail away. We all get one and have a toast to vacation! The Miami Vice sounds really good too. Princess cruises has a drink that is chocolate and bananna. I think it has rum and colluha (sp?) in it. Very yummy.
I haven't quite finished shopping yet. Bought a really cute outfit the other day. Really didn'nt need it but just had to have it. Might shop for a new formal dress for my daughter. So busy with waterpolo and graduation that not sure when we will do that!!
Hope everyone has a great Wed.
Take care,
Rebecca

[quote name='Skinsfan1311']:D

Good Afternoon!
I booked a private scuba/snorkel tour, with SeaSports Belize. (We used them in the past, and loved 'em!) On my last cruise, since I was a group leader, and had a group of people booked on the tour, we were permitted to be on the 1st tender ashore. I realize that passengers, who booked ships' excursions get priority for boarding tenders. How long does it take, to get on a tender, if you didn't book a tour through the ship? What is the procedure? On Celebrity, you got tickets. Does it work the same way, on Carnival? I've also posted this on the Belize board. Thanks everyone! :D[/QUOTE]

Debbie, this quote was from a question on the Carnival board about tendering. It sounds like, as group leader, this guy was able to get his group off early. Have you ever heard of groups being let on early tenders just because they are a booked group? Do you think it's worth a try?? I've never heard anyone else post about this.

Good morning everyone!!

I'll drink any drink there is!! I really like trying the specials each day. I plan on smuggling some rum and vodka on board, last time I just bought the little bottles of both and stuck them inside my suitcase. No problem at all.

As for shopping, I haven't had too much time to go:( . A friend did give me a suit for my son, so at least I don't have to buy that. I've bought alot for my
daughter. I still want a new bathing suit for myself. Maybe this weekend. I also want to pick up all the little things like water proof disposable cameras, insect repellant,etc.

Is anyone planning on bringing there own snorkle equipment? I've done it when I've gone to resorts. Not sure I want to lug it all around for four people, but I definately don't like the idea of renting it.

Have a great day!

Marcy - It sounds like that poster was able to get priority tendering for his group on Celebrity. I've never heard of Carnival giving priority tendering to groups, so I doubt that we'll be able to do that. I'm sure we have enough people willing to get in line early, so we should be able to get an early tender anyway.

Beth - the whale is a bit north of where I am - it is up by Trenton - but I saw it on the news last night. I wonder how the poor guy got lost all the way down here - they said that you usually don't see them south of Canada.

Michelle - I love trying all of the "drink of the day" drinks too. My favorite is the funship special, which is usually the drink of the day on embarkation day. I plan on bringing my own snorkel equipment. My MIL gave me a gift certificate to Dick's sporting goods for Christmas - now I just have to go there and buy it.

I still have some shopping left to do. My problem is that from losing weight I'm not sure what size to buy because I may (and hopefully will) lose a bit more before the cruise.

Oh, and on our local news last night they did a story about a teenage girl who went on vacation to Belize with her family and after coming home found out that she had a botfly larvae in her leg from a mosquito bite. :eek: :eek: :eek: I am so skeeved out from hearing about those that I'll probably end up OD'ing on bug spray. :o

[b][color=red]*** Important - For everyone that is taking the stingray excursion through Soto's ***[/color][/b]

According to Soto's, in light of the time difference caused by daylight savings time, they are switching all Valor cruisers (for every cruise - not just ours) from the afternoon excursion to the morning excursion, which is from 9:30 to 11:30am (Grand Cayman time). We need to meet up with them between 8:30-9:10am, [b][u]so we need to make sure we get the earliest tender tickets that we can.[/u][/b]

The ship is supposed to arrive in Grand Cayman at 9:00am ship time, which is 8:00am Grand Cayman time, so we only have about 1/2 to 1 hour to tender in and meet up with them for the excursion. Kerry from Soto's said that the April 5th Valor cruisers were the first ones to be switched to the morning excursion, and they did not have a problem with getting a tender in time, so hopefully that will be the case for us as well.

Here is the list of Valor cruisers for our week that are booked with Soto's:

[color=blue]Winterstein (6) [/color]
[color=blue]Frank (4) [/color]
[color=blue]Coll (4) [/color]
[color=blue]Sebastian (2)[/color]
[color=blue]Soto (2)[/color]
[color=blue]Mulvany (11)[/color]

I don't think that Soto or Mulvany post here on cruise critic, so Kerry will be contacting them directly. I told her I would post here and let everyone else know.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Soto's directly at [email="scruises@candw.ky"]scruises@candw.ky[/email]

When I try to look at the video this is the message I get. Any suggestions. Here's the message:

p>[b]Marcys[/b], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

[list=1]
[*]More than likely the post has been removed from the boards and is no longer accessible for viewing. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. You may be trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system
[*]If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
[/list]

It looks like the thread disappeared! :eek: Lucky for me, I had sent it to my daughter and she had the same problem. Computer goddess that I am (LOL) I figured out how to get the link back to just the movie - here ya go - [url]http://www.gatorclaw.com/valorteaser2.wmv[/url] . Just add computer goddess to my hat... :D

Maybe the powers that be were jealous because his video was so good??? :rolleyes: Seriously though, in his post it was obvious that he was not trying to sell anything - only sharing his video. Unless they thought he was trying to sell the actual video - but what would be the point of sharing it on the net if you were going to sell it?

This might be useful information for some people:

[quote name='midgetpdp']I noticed several comments about not ordering the drinks of the day in the big plastic hurricane cup because "it's a waste of money." What I guess a lot of people don't realize is if you hold on to that plastic cup, the next time you need a refill, it is only $4.95 compared to the original $6.95. If you order the drink of the day in the small glass, I believe you also pay $4.95, but it doesn't hold as much as the hurricane cup.

[/QUOTE]

Good morning and TGIF everyone!!! We are down to 8 weeks left until our cruise!!! :D

What is everyone up to? The weather has been beautiful here, and I have an extreme case of spring fever! I am having lunch with my Philly cruise critic buddies tomorrow, then have a bridal shower tomorrow night. Then on Sunday I have some stuff around the house to do, and I might play hooky and stay home on Monday.

Whatever you do this weekend, make sure you have fun doing it!!! :)

Well, today is my birthday! I am celebrating my 30th birthday for the 17th time!:D I was woken up at 5:30 this morning with breakfast in bed, a family tradition! Didn't have the heart to tell them that it was my only day to sleep late!;)

No special plans for this weekend. As usual, it's taken up by kid's events and sports! Yesterday I think I put 50 miles on the car, but never got more than 5 miles from the house!

BTW, I was finally able to see that video. I had to copy the address and paste it to internet explorer, not AOL. OK, Sharon, you can have your hat back! Hope it wasn't too crushed!

Happy birthday Marcy!!! I hope you enjoy your special day. It sounds like you are off to a great start. :)

Wasn't that video great?? I can't wait to see the complete version. Did anyone see that Host Randy put it back on the boards. Hopefully when the complete video is done there won't be a problem when he posts it on the boards.

I don't know the specifics, but here is what Randy said when he re-posted a link for the video onto the boards:

[quote name='Host Randy']There has been a mix up on message board protocol (please don't ask).......BUT.......bottom line here's Gatorclaw's awesome Valor video.

Great job Jason!

[url="http://www.gatorclaw.com/valorteaser2.wmv"]http://www.gatorclaw.com/valorteaser2.wmv[/url] [/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday Marcy - I celebrate the same one the week before the cruise! :eek:
We are heading over to visit DH's family in Indiana this weekend and gearing up to bring DD back home from school in a few weeks. By the time she gets here we'll be getting very close!! It seems like its getting close now because there are less time landmarks - getting DD from school, Memorial Day, last day of our school...

Archived