Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Happy Birthday Marcy!!

I just think it isn't close enough yet. I can't wait for the last day of school to come!! With two vacations for the summer, the wait is terrible. I'm actually worse than the kids with "Are we ther yet?" My motto now is "Is summer here yet?" ;) I'm really the most excited person in my house.

Don't have any really good plans for the weekend. Last weekend I wanted to shop but then the new puppy was adopted on Saturday and I couldn't leave her alone at home so soon, so I haven't gone anywhere (except Pet Supermarket).
Maybe this weekend.

Have a great weekend and I hope the cold weather is finally gone for you all.

Love the family tradition of breakfast in bed. That is a really nice one to enjoy. My mother always treated us like we were royalty on our b-days so I have followed that with my kids. It makes the day so special!!
8 weeks!! WOW!!!!!!!! Need to finish some planning. I did finish my fun pass and found out my guarantee room! We are in room 9279 and the kids are just down the hall in 9243. Now I am sure this could still change but looks like a good location. Close to the pool. We will have a walk to get to the dinner but I will need the exercise.
Have a wonderful weekend. I will be doing the usual--waterpolo--,church and laundry.
See everyone in 8 weeks.
Rebecca

My daughter and I went to an "upscale" mall near us to look for suits at Nordstrum and Saks. What a depressing experience! I think I'll just stick with my old LL Bean suit which at least covered my tush!!:eek: Would like to at least get a pair of matching coverup shorts for cavetubing. With this being my 5th cruise in 5 years, I don't NEED anything really, but since when has that ever stopped a woman?? :rolleyes: I'd like to check the gowns out after prom season. Last year my daughter got a gorgeous formal at Dillard's after the proms for only 12.99!!

Another gorgeous day here! Have loads of papers to correct, but hope to get outside to enjoy some of it!

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Marcy!

I think I mentioned before that I'll be celebrating my 45th when we're in Cozumel!!! It should be a birthday to remember...hope I'll be able to!!

DD came home for the weekend and shes' so excited about the cruise...she's hoping to meet "kids" her age (19) to hang out with. On our Jan. cruise on NCL she met a bunch of college kids from Cincinnati and was with them the whole week! When I take her back to Philly tomorrow, she wants to stop at Banana Republic to see a dress she "just has to have" for the cruise. BUT $168 for a short dress? I don't think so!! SHe has lots of dresses from proms and homecoming dances and I really don't think she needs another one!!

DS has a beautiful suit that he wore for our last 2 cruises and when he put it on for Easter..AHHHH! HE's grown so much that it looks like we might have to buy him a new one!

No shopping for me this weekend....lots of yard work to do! Enjoy the beautiful weather and the weekend!

Beth

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. It was absolutely beautiful here! I am staying home from work today to do some major spring cleaning while everyone else is gone and out of my way.

[u]For those of you that booked with the cruise critic group,[/u] I received the lanyards (one per person) and the magnets (one per stateroom) this weekend. I was thinking that if everyone e-mails me with their address, then I can mail them out now instead of packing them and handing them out on the cruise. Then everyone can wear their lanyards on embarkation day and we would be able to recognize each other.

If you are ok with me sending out your lanyards and magnets now, please e-mail me at [email="debwinters@comcast.net"]debwinters@comcast.net[/email]. Please include your full name, address, and the first names and last initial of everyone in your group, so I know how many lanyards to send you. Thanks!!!

If you are uncomfortable with having me mail them out to you, then I will pack them in my luggage and give them out during our embarkation day meet & greet. I just thought it would be a good idea to send them out now, then if we see any of our members in line we would recognize each other. If you don't make it to the meet & greet, then it is up to you to contact me and make alternate arrangements to get your cruise critic items.

[u]For people that did not book with the group[/u] - I have some extra lanyards from my last cruise that I can give out on a first come, first serve basis. Just e-mail me with your full name and address (and your cruise critic screen name so that I know you are sailing with us), and I will send you a lanyard or two. But be quick because once they're gone, they're gone.

Glad you are having some nice weather. Sure makes you perk up. We had a nice weekend, colder today but not to bad. Can hardly believe that we have only a few more weeks. I am going dress shopping with my daughter on Thursday. Her boyfriend is chaperoning prom where he is teaching so my daughter thinks she needs a new dress. Actually she does need one for the cruise so this might work out great. Now we just have to find one at a reasonable price.
Have a great week everyone.
Rebecca

Hi everyone!! So far I have received e-mails from Marcy, Sharon, Rebecca, Connie, and Michelle for the lanyards. If you haven't e-mailed me your mailing information yet, please do so as soon as you can. My e-mail address is [email="debwinters@comcast.net"]debwinters@comcast.net[/email]. I am planning on mailing everything out on Friday, so you should expect to get it by around the middle of next week.

I can't wait for lunch time to get here so I can go take a walk and enjoy this beautiful weather. It is supposed to return to more seasonable (cooler) weather on Thursday, so I definitely plan to enjoy it while it lasts. :D

Here is a new review of Wet N' Wild's cave tubing excursion that I saw over on the Belize board. Enjoy!

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=166558"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=166558[/url]

Awesome review! I think I heard that the rainy season starts in June. I hope the river level is just a little higher so we don't have to walk parts of the river or do "butts up." On the other hand, I hope it doesn't rain while we're there. In other words, I want my cake and to eat it, too! Anyone know if we requested Charlie??

Oh, and I hope for no rogue waves to hit the ship! :eek: What a week, huh? Huge waves and man overboard (middle of the night on Valor...successful recovery, though).

Love reading those good reviews! :D

I keep saying we're getting close, but here's how bad I've got it - I get just the littlest thrill by checking the Carnival website, clicking on Fun Pass (now here's the bad part) and now I don't have to scroll down when finding the date of our cruise - its on the screen with the first click!! tee hee - I guess it doesn't take much to amuse me!
I thought it could be fun to add to this - You know you're getting close to your cruise when...

Hi everyone!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I got an e-mail from Kathy - apparently her computer had a virus and has been out of commission all this time - but other than that everything is ok. We are all still on for the cave tubing excursion that she booked.

And for those of you that have already e-mailed me your mailing information, I am mailing everything out today. Please post here or e-mail me and let me know when you receive it.

If you still haven't sent me your mailing information, please do so at your earliest convenience. E-mail me at [email="debwinters@comcast.net"]debwinters@comcast.net[/email] with your full name and mailing address, and I will send out your cruise critic lanyards and magnets - that way we can all wear them on embarkation day as a way to recognize each other. Thanks!!

You know you're getting close when DD starts practicing for the talent show!!

My parents leave tomorrow for the Glory....wish I was going! Can't wait to hear what they think about the ship. Mom is calling me from Key West on Sunday...I'm sending her to the Kino store for sandals so I'll give you all an update!

Beth

[quote name='Marcys']Sharon knows she's getting close to her cruise when she starts setting out all her hats and wondering where she's gonna pack them all!:D[/QUOTE]

LOL! And checking the watches and alarm clocks to make sure all are in working order! :D

You know you're getting closer to your cruise when I tell you - we only have 7 weeks left!!! :D I got some cruise clothes in yesterday that I ordered online, so I only need a few more things for me and DD, then I have to drag my hubby to go shopping for him, and I'll be all set!!!

What is everyone doing this weekend? I am going to Atlantic City tomorrow. Me, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law are taking my niece there for her 21st birthday. I live about an hour away from Atlantic City, but have only been there a handful of times (I'm not much of a gambler - I'd much rather shop ;) ) but now here I am going there twice in one month. I came out $25 ahead last time, so hopefully my winning streak will continue on this trip too.

Have a great weekend everyone!!! :)

You know you're getting close to your cruise when...you start making piles to pack in your guest bedroom!

You know you're READY to cruise when the weather report for this weekend says "Chance on snow flurries." Can you believe it???Snow!!:eek:

You know you're getting close to your cruise when you're stressed because everything isn't planned yet and the rest of your family is excited and looking forward to leaving! :eek:

We've got snow showers in our forecast this weekend too. :eek: It was just 80 the other day - good grief!

You know your cruise is getting close when your Cruise Critic lanyards arrive in the mail! Thanks, Debbie!!:D

Is that what we're going to wear to recognize each other during boarding and at our Meet and Greet? But, I don't think those who didn't book with the group cruise has one.

Marcy - Glad to hear that you got your lanyards already. I had some extra lanyards from my last cruise (some of the group members didn't want one), and have already sent some out to a few people sailing with us that aren't booked with the group, so as long as they e-mail me while I still have extras left then we'll be able to recognize them too. :)

I do still have a few extra lanyards left, so if anyone that is sailing the Valor with us is interested in getting a cruise critic lanyard they can e-mail me at [email="debwinters@comcast.net"]debwinters@comcast.net[/email] and I'll send them out. But once my extras are gone, that's it.

Received the laynards today. They are great. Thanks so much for taking the time to mail it to us. So glad it is the weekend. Cold and rainy here also. I keep telling myself it is almost May, but the weather won't cooperate. Took my daughter shopping and bought a few really cute things. We had a great day. Found a nice pair of shoes for me, so all in all a good shopping day.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Rebecca

Archived