Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Beth, congrats on your upgrade! While I personally wouldn't choose to be separated from my teens, if it was through an upgrade...well...then...I'd enjoy!

Filled out and printed out my fun passes today! Tried to order my son's tux, but the 800 number was closed today. I'll call again on Tuesday.

Shopping is done! (Us ladies know it's never really done!;) )

Debbie, the booking number on the outside of the docs doesn't match the booking number we got from Kevin wich is the same one that I used to fill in my FunPass. Is that our group booking number?? I'm guessing it is since it's the same number for both cabins.

I have been having fun catching up on the newest posts from everyone.
It seems like longer than a few days that I have been away from my dear computer!
My daughter had her college graduation on Sat and we had a big party. What a lot of work but everything was wonderful. I am so tired and glad to be home. I told her she is now an official grown-up!! Not sure she liked the idea of paying all her own bills. Who am I kidding, 10 more months of school until she credentials, so of course we will still be paying!
First of all, Marcy your family will be our prayers while you wait for the results. It is always so hard to wait. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Added our excursions to the list

Belize
Cave Tubing w/Marvin - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
Marcy, Dave, Sarah, and Greg (The 4 Caplin's)
Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol
Coral Breeze shark/ray snoreling tour-Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff

Roatan
Orphanage and island tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
Victor Bodden tours (canopy tour + Island tour)- The 4 Caplin's & Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff
Tabyanna Beach (ship excursion) - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol

Cayman Islands
Captain Marvin's Glass Bottom Boat - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
Parasiling/7 Mile Beach-The 4 Caplin's
Soto's swim with the stingrays - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol
Aqua Boats - Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff

Cozumel
Eagle Ray Divers Dune Buggy Tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
TBD-The 4 Caplin's, maybe Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach by day, Fat Tuesdays by night - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol
Deep Sea Fishing - Brian & Jeff
Nachi Cocom Beach Club, followed by massages by Sally - Rebecca & Corinne

Congratulations on your upgrade Beth!
Maybe we can exchange books after we read them. I always bring a bunch and usually leave them in the library. I love to lay around and read.

I will be looking for some leis to wear. Not sure I will get the rest of the family to wear them but I will make them come to meet everyone!

Have a great day off everyone.
Rebecca

Good morning everyone!!! Did anyone start packing yet? I'll probably start mine next Sunday. I have a very busy two weeks ahead of me, and I really need to stay organized so that I don't fall behind. I am off the Friday before we leave, but I don't want to be running around too much that day if I can avoid it.

Marcy - yes, the booking # on our docs is our group booking number.

Rebecca - congratulations on your daughter's graduation!!

No, I haven't started packing yet. I usually pack the night before the cruise and continue the next morning before I drive to port.

My last day of work is this Friday, and my summer vacation starts. However, I signed up for a reading workshop that week of vacation which pays me a week's salary. An extra paycheck so I can spend on the cruise!

Ladies, head to Macy's! They're having great sales. I went to buy make up and ended up buying 2 outfits for the cruise that I did not need.

I haven't begun packing yet either although I have my shelf of stuff ready to go!
I'll definitely have to head to Macy's, but may not get there until the end of the week - hopefully they'll still have good bargains. I was hoping to catch some swimsuit sales this weekend but didn't get out to look.
Rebecca - congratulations on your daughter's graduation, I'm looking forward to going to ours in about 3 years!
Those of you going to Paradise Beach in Coz, have you seen that the price goes up June 1? :eek: Its still not bad - $8 seems reasonable but it is a big percentage jump.
We've had rain all day, the first peep of sun just now came out - maybe we'll salvage a bit of the afternoon.
Enjoy your day and week.
Sharon

I was wondering why you were all coming to my house, then I realized you were talking about Macy's not Marcy's. I wasn't planning on having anyone for dinner tonight!!:eek:

Thanks for the warning about the price increase at Paradise Beach, Sharon!!

Sharon - I wasn't aware of the price increase at Paradise Beach, so thanks for letting us know. I assume that is only for those that want to use the water toys, right? I won't be buying a bracelet for myself, but I'm sure they'll make plenty from me there from food & drink. ;)

[quote name='Snowball']Sharon - I wasn't aware of the price increase at Paradise Beach, so thanks for letting us know. I assume that is only for those that want to use the water toys, right? I won't be buying a bracelet for myself, but I'm sure they'll make plenty from me there from food & drink. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thats how I understand it too - the original thread mentions an increase in the price of the wrist bracelets.

I got a scare...I pulled out the passports tonight to copy tomorrow and put in my "vacation" pile. I saw that the kid's passports expire in September. I know that for some countries passports must be good for at least 3 or 6 months to even enter the country. I called Carnival and they told me you can cruise with a passport that's been expired for up to 10 years!!

I wonder if they will still be able to accept expired passports next year, after passports are required for travel to the Caribbean. We don't have passports yet - I am one of those people that just kept putting it off since we didn't HAVE to have them and hated having to put out the money for them. :o I'll probably apply for them this fall or winter, since we'll definitely need them for our cruise next June.

:( Hi everyone, I think I am going to start crying. We probably will not be able to wear orange leis or any other lei. My DH is really in alot of pain. The nerve endings from having the shingles are giving him terrible pain. He has had this pain for a week, and the Dr. said it could last awhile. He is taking strong pain medication, but does not seem to be working. The shingles are gone, but the nerve endings are still very painful. The Dr. said it might last for several weeks. I do not know what we are going to do, I am so sad. Looks like you all are ready to start packing, my stuff is all laying in the spare room. Any suggestions from anyone would certainly be appreciated, about what to do with the cruise. :(

Oh, I am so sorry for you and your husband. Have you ever thought of acupuncture? I am not sure if it would help, but it has helped my family on several occasions. I know that most people don't use it but it has been around in China for centuries. Very safe and sometimes very effective. You could ask around or make some phone calls. I will look into some of my natural remedy books for you also. We will be praying for you also.
Rebecca

Couldn't sleep, so I'm sitting here reading about cruises! Do you think being excited may have something to do with not sleeping??

Connie, I am so sorry for you and your husband. The trip is still 12 days away... a lot of time for your hubby to start feeling better...especially with all the good prayers and energy we'll be sending his way.

My husband has an appointment 2:15 this afternoon with his oncologist...so I'll be on pins and needles until then (hmmm...maybe another reason for not sleeping). I'll let you all know...

Good Morning, I thought I was the only one up early!
Marcy - I hope all goes well with your husband's appointment this afternoon, the wait must be very stressful.
Connie - I wish I had suggestions for your husband, but I don't really know too much about shingles. His timing is certainly horrible, but as Marcy said we still have some time before we go and hopefully things will improve.
Everyone have a wonderful day!
Sharon

I was watching the Today show (did you know I'm off for the summer now??!! :D ) and they were talking about the movie, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and it looks like it might be a great book to read on the cruise. Have any of you read it? I may have to go get it!!

Did they point out that the book is a teen book? Doesn't mean it isn't good, but it was making the rounds of the 13-14 year old set here a while back! Being a teen book the "smut factor" may not be high enough to satisify you! :p Then again, being a teen book, it might be quite high!:eek:

Archived