Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

:) YEAAAAAAAAAAA MARCY. I AM SO VERY GLAD FOR YOU, PRAYERS DO WORK.We are trying to hold out as much hope as we can, we want to go so bad. Thank you all so very much for caring, and prayers. You are all a really caring bunch of girls. :D

Thanks, Connie and Sharon!!!

Connie, how's your husband today?? Any better??

Debbie, I've been e-mailing with this lady, Jacqueline, at Cozumel Insider. My family wants to "do" something in Cozumel, not just hang out at a beach. So, she said they still had openings for the 1 p.m. helmet trek at Chankanaab and then you get snorkel equipment free for the rest of the day. They do have great snorkeling there. It's a very rocky (coral) shoreline and we really couldn't enjoy the snorkeling last time because of the waves hitting the rocks due to the approaching hurricane. So, it would be nice to try it again. I'll let you know if the choice is PB or Chankanaab.

Check this out!! Snuba is coming to Paradise Beach!

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3868229#post3868229"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3868229#post3868229[/url]

Marcy-What wonderful news!! Now you and your family will really be able to relax and have a great vacation. I am also stuck between PB and Chank for Cozumel. I have been to PB before but the kids were really little then. My son is begging to go there to go on the water trampoline. I on the other hand am leaning towards Chank because I have never been there. Decisions, decisions:rolleyes:

Connie-I will keep your husband in my prayers and hope that he is ready for the trip!!!

Just one more day of school with kids, I can't wait!! Thursday and Friday are easy days and I'm sure I'll get out a little early both days to head for the mall.

Hey, we are still hanging in there. If we can't go, we will try for another time, things could be much worse. Thanks for prayers, he seems a little better today, he is still in to alot of pain medication and can hardly get in and out of a chair. I am thankful that is all that is wrong. We had 2 of our highschool girls, killed in a car wreck over the weekend. The girls hit head on with a pickup truck, they crossed over the center line. They were beautiful inside and out. They were in the choir, in school and church. They have been best friends since kindergarten. The one girl was adopted from Etheopia, spelling,. Her and her younger sister was adopted by a minister and his wife, when they were babies. I guess we are not suppose to ask why, but it is so hard to understand. I am so very glad for you Marcy.:)

Marcy - GREAT news..now you can really look forward to the cruise!!! You and your family were in our prayers!

Connie - I know shingles can be tough...my dad had them. Hopefully your DH will be feeling better by next week! We'll keep thinking about you....

Michelle - SO you'll soon be doing the "End of School Dance" too! Lucky you....5 1/2 days and counting for me.....can you tell I can't wait for this year to be over?

Rebecca - Congrats to your daughter! I guess you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with tuition!! We are looking a seven more years of it!!

DS and I are watching old cruise videos...he is soooo psyched for this cruise! Right now we are watching Disney Magic in Key West, one of my favorite ports! It's definately getting me in the mood!

Well the piles have started appearing in the bedroom and so far they are fairly small. I am committed to packing lighter this time! Although I do like DS's reason for packing almost every shirt he has..." if you take more clothes then you're not committed to wearing only one outfit each day!"

Another beautiful day in PA...have a good evening everyone!

Beth

It's been a while. I'm working 12 hour days so I'll be ready for this cruise. Thanks for the updates. My 15 year old son was really excited to hear about the 23 girls on board celebrating their 15th birthday. I heard from Marvin. He says Charlie will be ready and waiting for our group of 20 for the cave-tubing excursion. We're booked for 10:00 a.m. local (Belize) time. Someone mentioned checking about the times. Sounds like a good idea. We can sort things out when we meet on the 12th (pool, aft bar, orange leis, right?) We'll add our names to the excursions:
Belize
Cave Tubing w/Marvin - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
Marcy, Dave, Sarah, and Greg (The 4 Caplin's)
Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol, plus three Franks -- Kathy, Emilie, and Michael
Coral Breeze shark/ray snoreling tour-Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff

Roatan
Orphanage and island tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen. Also, Ren, Kathy, Emilie and Michael
Victor Bodden tours (canopy tour + Island tour)- The 4 Caplin's & Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff
Tabyanna Beach (ship excursion) - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol

Cayman Islands
Captain Marvin's Glass Bottom Boat - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
Parasiling/7 Mile Beach-The 4 Caplin's
Soto's swim with the stingrays - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol; Ren, Kathy, Emilie and Michael
Aqua Boats - Brian, Rebecca, Corinne & Jeff

Cozumel
Eagle Ray Divers Dune Buggy Tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen
TBD-The 4 Caplin's, maybe Paradise Beach
Paradise Beach by day, Fat Tuesdays by night - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol
Deep Sea Fishing - Brian & Jeff
Nachi Cocom Beach Club, followed by massages by Sally - Rebecca & Corinne
Nachi Cocom -- Ren, Kathy, Emilie and Michael

Marvin said he's got a Wet N-Wild tour going to Altun Ha/City Tour in Belize. It leaves at 10:00. My husband, Ren, is signed up.

Looking forward to meeting you all. I haven't even started to think about packing. But, I'll be on the Valor - ready or not. Can't wait.

Marcy, wonderful news, I bet you are celebrating tonight. I haven't started packing for our cruise but am packing for Colombus. I leave early on Thursday and will get home on Sunday. Hope the weather is nice. My daughter is coming along so it will be a fun girls trip. We are attending the wedding of my best friend's son. We have been friends since 10th grade and I even introduced her to her husband. They now live in Oregon so we only get to see each other about once a year. This will be fun for us!! I will really get busy packing once I am home.
Have a great rest of your week everyone and Connie I will keep your husband and the girls family in our prayers.
Rebecca

Kathi, good to hear from you! If we can get off the ship on a real early tender, will Charlie be ready to go as soon as we're there? Would love to get an early start so we don't have to worry, as much, about time!

Good Morning everyone, its nice to hear from everyone! Connie, we're thinking good thoughts that your husband will improve and you'll make it with us. Rebecca - enjoy Columbus this weekend - the weather is looking good! :D Kathi - after all those hours you are definitely going to need the time off for a vacation.
I think DD and I are going shopping today. :D By the way, did I mention that I am done with school for the summer so now I can shop during the week??!! :D

Rebecca - have fun at the wedding this weekend!!!

Connie - I hope your husband takes a turn for the better so that you guys can still cruise with us!!

Sharon - yes, you have told us that you are done school now. You're getting almost as bad as Marcy telling me that PB Tom is attractive. :p

Kathi - great to hear from you. I wonder if we should switch our excursion to 9am in case we are able to tender in earlier. The Valor has been switching the ship's clocks back by one hour, so there is only a one hour difference in Belize. We are there from 9-6 ship time, which is 8-5 Belize time. If the excursion doesn't start until 10am Belize time, that would be 2 hours after they start the tendering process. I would feel better having the excursion set for 9am, and if we run a little late because of tendering, then Charlie will just have to wait until we get there. Clear as mud, right? :o

I'm going to e-mail Soto's tonight and find out which stingray excursion time slot has been working better for the Valor's passengers. I will post here as soon as I hear back from them. I'm thinking that they will probably switch us back to the afternoon excursion, but I'll let you know what they say.

Marcy I was so thrilled to read your news...I had your husband on the prayer chain at my church. I can't imagine the relief you guys are feeling.

Well....I have turned one bedroom into cruise central. I spent all last night putting things in piles, taking them out, putting them back...LOL. I am committed to packing lighter this time...I promise...well I'll try. :D

A little over a week guys. Can you believe it???????

I just now remember why my DH is so leary of meet and greets - I had completely forgotten. When we went to Hawaii on NCL we went to a Cruise Critic meeting onboard - OMG!! It was a ship full of trekkies and everyone was so strange! :eek: We met the ship's hotel director at our scheduled meeting, introduced ourselves and got the heck out of Dodge! The hotel director took our cabin numbers and each evening we had an appetizer or treat delivered to our room - that was really nice. The rest of the time whenever we saw someone from CC we went the other way!
Now fess up before we go - are any of you trekkies? :eek: Anything else I need to know??!!

Are you saying we can't wear our fake Spock ears?? DANG-IT!!! :D :D :D :D

Imagine the meet and greet...orange leis, orange thongs, fuzzy orange flip-flops, zorro masks and spock ears. WHAT A SIGHT!!!

Ummm....your safe with me. LOL

[quote name='snista']Imagine the meet and greet...orange leis, orange thongs, fuzzy orange flip-flops, zorro masks and spock ears. WHAT A SIGHT!!![/QUOTE]
What a funny mental picture that is!!! :D

Sharon - you're safe with us, too - I think. :p

Now we all know that if after the meet & greet, Sharon avoids us for the rest of the cruise, it is because she thinks we're weird. :eek:

Can you imagine what the other passengers will think of us when they see us coming:D

Today is my last day with kids--YES! Now I can go into cruise packing mode!!
Except my piles have to stay up high as that new puppy I got a few months ago is still chewing on everything she can find:eek: If she gets any of my new sandals she'll really be in trouble!!

Things must be getting close - we are all finishing up school!!
Debbie, Marcy mentioned earlier letting Chad know of the time and place of our meet and mingle - I didn't think I had his email, but I found where he sent me his bio. Do you want his email address so you can send him the info? If so, just let me know and I'll send it to you - or try to catch when you are on IM and give it to you.

Hey, Sharon...fun chatting with you this morning! Did you have a successful shopping trip today? Uhm...live long and prosper!

Debbie, I sure would feel better moving the time up on the cave tubing tour. It's one of the things I'm stressing about!!

Connie, how's your husband??? Better, I hope!

OK, all you teachers...just keep rubbing it in!!! I still have 4 1/2 more days till I'll be doing the "End of Year" dance!

Crista, I have the orange thong but am still working on the orange leis and flip-flops! Actually, I'm sure the thong will be packed in DD's bag!

Sharon - We're DEFINATELY not trekkies, but we did a meet and greet on our Bermuda cruise a few years ago...the guy who organized it was really strange and we tried to avoid him the whole cruise! And of course we saw him everywhere!

Going out to take a walk since it looks like it's going to rain for the next 2 days!
Beth

Glad to hear there aren't any trekkies so far! yay for that!!
Just got back from shopping - got a bathing suit :eek:, that wasn't much fun. We didn't go to the outlet mall - decided it wasn't workth the trip, I don't think we've ever bought anything there. We may go next week if we have time to waste - maybe they'll have the orange thongs!!

Beth- Don't worry those four and 1/2 days will go by quickly and soon you'll be doing the dance too!!

Gymbrat-Today we have an End of the Year Luncheon and since I'm on the Social Committee, I don't have to go into school at all. I'm going straight to the resturant to set up. I don't have to be there until 10:30. Tommorrow they will probably let us go by 11:30!! So I'm really getting excited now.

I thought we got past the thongs!! We keep talking about being the saints and yet we can't get past the thongs:eek: Go figure.

:) Good morning everyone. My husband is still having alot of pain, I do not know what we are going to do. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day in Pa. Trying to get some washing done and keep thinking how close the cruise is, I just wish I knew what we are going to do. Have a good day girls and keep an eye out for the orange gremlin bring all the orange goodies to the stores for us. :D

Good morning everyone!!! I e-mailed Soto's last night to see which stingray excursion they think will work best for us, since ship time will match port time in Grand Cayman. I will post something and let you know when I hear back from them.

Connie - I am sorry to hear that your hubby is still having pain from his shingles. I hope he feels better soon.

Archived