Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Good morning everyone!!! :D I am so excited that I almost can't stand it. This cruise is the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing before I go to sleep. I definitely have cruise on the brain right now.

I know we have a lot of local Miami area residents going on this cruise. Can you guys please watch the weather forecast for Sunday and let us know if you think we'll be ok to have our meet & greet out on the lido deck. I don't want to pick an alternate spot unless it looks like we'll have bad weather (which of course WE WILL NOT!!!). Hopefully we'll know for sure by Wednesday or Thursday, so I can post a few daily reminders on here and on our group board before I leave on Saturday. :cool:

Good Morning!!! We only have a few more days left to organize!! Back home from my nice visit to Ohio and I better get busy. Off to the dry cleaners today and must get a few more books to take. A little jet lagged, trying to get it all togther. I will be working at home this week so I can really get some things done.
Connie we will be sending good thoughts to you and your husband. Hope this week finds him much improved. Take care of yourself and you never know if you can't go on this cruise another will come up.
Have a great week everyone, stay focused, yea right, all I can think about is vacation in 6 days!!
Rebecca

[quote name='Host Randy']You people should feel guilty leaving us behind!:mad:[/QUOTE]
Yeah right!!! I don't feel one little itty bit guilty. :p At least you can console yourself by knowing that you will have gone on at least 5 cruises before I go on my Destiny cruise next June. :(

So has anyone started packing yet? I might try to start tonight.

I heard back from Soto's. They are going to contact the harbor master to find out the definite port time for the Valor, then e-mail me back and let me know which excursion will work best for us. I'll keep you posted......

I started the serious packing this weekend. I had to pack for my son too since he is going away from home to stay with family. We are pretty well set. Just a few odds and ends to get in the bags.

Still haven't started packing yet. Still in the "pile" stage. Got cash and traveler's checks today and a portable cork screw!!

When I'm through with the post, I'm going to email/call and confirm everything from hotels and limo's to Victor Bodden and parasailing.

Debbie, hate to be the pessimist (but I am), but I've never been in Miami in the summer where it didn't rain for at least a short time in the afternoon. Shouldn't we at least have a backup location JUST IN CASE?? I'd hate to not meet up with y'all just because it rained! Remember, I'll have the Victoria's Secret photographers with me! :p Is there a covered awning there so we could keep the same location maybe?? Does anyone else want to exchange cabin numbers, just in case? We can post them on the private section of our website. There's just a few listed.

OK, as long as I'm in worrying mode, today I started getting panicky about the Belize tenders. Someone said with a low number ticket it still took a few hours to get off the ship. What seems to be working for most people is to get on line early for the tickets so you have an early ticket, but as soon as they call the cruise ship excursion to just blend in and get off with the first group. My conscience can live with that!

Marcy - I agree that we should all get early tender tickets in Belize, but then try to blend in with those in line for ship excursions. Looking at the deck plans for the Valor, it shows that there is a sliding sky dome over the aft portion of the lido deck, and it looks like the bar area is completely covered. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing a lido deck bar that wasn't at least partially covered. Check out the deck plans for deck 9 and 10 and tell me what you think. And yes, since the ship is moving its clocks by one hour, ship time will match local time in Grand Cayman.

[quote name='Marcys']Sorry guys...my obsessive-compulsive behaviors are kicking in big time the closer we get!!:o[/QUOTE]

Not a problem - I think we are all beginning to click into "stress - lets make sure we have everything done (and done well)" mode. :rolleyes: I know when we roll out of the driveway Sat. morning Lance will be cranky, he always is when we leave - I think it must be stress making sure everything is taken care of. Once we get going a bit he'll loosen up.

BTW - when is everyone leaving? Our flight isn't until Sat. afternoon :( from Indianapolis, but we'll leave about 9:30 in the morning and run the dog down to his "vacation spot" in Kentucky, head over to Indy - meet Lance's family for lunch, then to the airport.

Sharon, I have a 2 p.m. flight out of Cleveland. We'll probably leave home at 11:30 a.m. We don't get into Miami until 7:30. We're staying at the Holiday Inn right across from Bayside Market. We'll probably go there for dinner.

Marcy - don't worry, you are definitely not the only obsessive-compulsive one here. I've got so many lists here of things I don't want to forget, that I'm going to need to make a list to keep track of my lists. :o

We will be leaving around 7am for our 9:35am flight on Saturday, so I'm guessing by the time we arrive in FLL, pick up the rental car, and drive to Miami Beach it will probably be around 3pm. We're probably going to check out the beach for an hour or two, then head down to South Beach for dinner and sight seeing. Who knows, I might even see someone wearing an orange thong there. :eek: :p

:( Hi everyone, just thought I would let you know, nothing has changed, I doubt we will be able to go. I have needed this cruise in the worst way, I am having a problem with being really down about it, but I guess I will be okay:confused: . I have checked on some other cruises, but it seems like all the good rooms are taken or sold out, or more expensive. I just cannot believe the time I have spent, dreaming about this and how it sort of helped me from being so down this winter. This is what I would do when I needed an uplift, which was quite a bit. You girls sound like we would have alot of fun together, but maybe some other time. I am sorry I am so down tonight, maybe have a better day tomorrow.

Hi everybody! We are a-packin! We will be leaving on Sat at 6:20 am from AVP (scranton) Arriving MIA at 2:30pm. AMERISUITES in MIA around 3:30. Pool and beverages by 4:00!!! Leah is looking for any girls that want to meet her before we leave. She's 10 looking for a buddy! E-mail her at [email]lmlong@adelphia.net[/email]

Everybody is soooo excited! We can't wait....

Dave

Connie - I am so sorry to hear that you won't make it, especially considering how much you were looking forward to getting away. But I think you are making the right decision, and will have a better time cruising when you don't have to worry about your hubby being sick or in pain. I'm wishing you the best of luck in finding the perfect cruise. :)

Hi everyone!

Sounds like we're all starting to stress about those last minute things! I'm still trying to get thru the last 1 1/2 days of school and then I can get serious about packing. We'll be heading to Philly on Sat. morning for our 9:35 flight (with Debbie!) and will be staying in Fort LAuderdale for the night. Debbie...I'll look for you at the airport!

Connie - I hope things work out for you and your DH. My parents had to cancel a cruise 2 months ago because of my mom's high blood pressure and since they had insurance, Carnival was great about refunding everything. Mom's blood pressure is under control and they are joining us on the Valor. Hopefully we'll see you there!

Haven't found orange leis yet....DH suggested I just borrow DD's orange thong and wear it on my head!!!! I'll keep looking and if I don't have luck with orange, we'll just pick another color.

DD is incredibly excited about this cruise. I think coming home to our little town of Akron after spending a year at Temple, was a bit of a downer. She's looking forward to some excitement!!! SHe's also planning to participate in the talent show....sang an Alicia Keys song on our last cruise and lost to a girl who sang opera! If we had a dollar for every person who said she was robbed, we could have paid for this cruise! Even sitting at the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting to go home, some guy came up to her and said she should have won! She didn't really care about winning, she just loves to sing!

DS is just looking forward to hanging out and checking out all of the girls!!
And DH and I are looking forward to hanging out on our great balcony upgrade!!!

Well, hope this week starts moving a little faster.....can't wait to meet everyone!

Beth

[quote name='Corl4']We'll be heading to Philly on Sat. morning for our 9:35 flight (with Debbie!) and will be staying in Fort LAuderdale for the night. Debbie...I'll look for you at the airport![/QUOTE]
Just look for the really big, tall guy with the little, curly haired wife - that's us! :) Are you parking at the airport? We're parking with Avistar - they are less than 5 minutes from the airport and shuttle you to and from their lot.

I really need to get away from this computer and start packing. Maybe tomorrow night. :o

Archived