Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Hello everyone, I am just curious who all is going on this cruise with me and Debbie. I know that Debbie said that there were 7 cabins booked. 1 for me and my dh, at least 1 for Debbie, so where are the others at? LOL. Heather and Devoli -- Did you all get booked with us also?

I would love to hear from others who are going. Let's start getting to know each other. I will start! My name is Nancy and I am going on this cruise with my dh Howie. We are from Northwest Indiana and went on our first cruise just last month. It was the Conquest and it was AWESOME we couldn't go without having another cruise scheduled. We have 4 girls (ages 5-8) who will not be going on this cruise with us but will our next on probably in 2007.

Okay, that is a little bit about us. Who is next? Don't be shy, just jump right in!

Nancy - a few of the rooms are booked by people in my family, so they probably won't be posting. But there are a few other cabins that must have been booked by cruise critic people, so hopefully they'll start posting soon. I have also received a few e-mails in the past few days from people that are thinking of joining our group, so our numbers may be growing.

Here's my story: My name is Debbie and will be sailing with my hubby Robert and our daughter Jasmine. We are from Philadelphia and have gone on a few cruises already. Also sailing with us is my mother in law, sister in law, and a few friends. I think our little group has 4 cabins all together, and almost everyone in our group sailed on the Miracle this past May. None of us have sailed the Western Caribbean itinerary before, so we are already doing our research to see what kind of things we want to do at each port.

OK - who's next?

Well, that still leaves 2 open cabins so I wonder who it is that is going along with us. Anyway you know that we just did the Western Caribbean so if you have any questions about Cozumel or the Caymans I will try to answer them.

Hope to hear from others soon.

We have another cruise critic member to welcome to our group!!! MFinn (Mary) just booked 3 cabins this morning! Don't be shy Mary - now's the time to join in the pre-cruise fun! :D

To anyone else that is still on the fence as to whether to join this group: According to our t/a, this is probably the last extension for the $25 deposit that we will get, so make sure you call by this Friday, July 30th and reserve your spot. The t/a is going to try to get another extension after that, but he didn't sound too optimistic about it since we've already gotten 3 extensions. So don't let this ship pass you by - click on the link in my signature for all the details, and don't forget that every cabin booked with our group will get a $150 shipboard credit! :)

Debbie, after your email last week I couldn't book fast enough. Our 10th anniversary is 6/14/05 so we went for the balcony. I am so excited. This is my second cruise and my husbands first. Thanks for all of you info.

Deni

Welcome aboard Deni! :D What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary! We normally cruise in May so we can celebrate my daughter & hubby's birthdays, plus our anniversary, but we decided to cruise in June next year instead. What ship did you take your first cruise on?

I am so happy to see the activity on this thread starting to pick up. Keep up the good work! This is a great way for us to get to know each other, plus it is fun to have others to share your pre-cruise excitement with! :)

My First Cruise Was On The Fantasy Back In October 1997 With A Couple Of My Girlfriends. It Was Only A 3 Day Cruise To The Bahamas. We Just Got Settled In And It Was Time To Go Home! We Originally Looked Into A 5 Day Cruise But This Was Just Perfect. We Are Really Looking Forward To Belize. Have You Been There Before?

I Agree, It Is Great To Have Someone To Chat With While We Await Our Great Trip!

SORRY ABOUT THE STRANGE UPPER/LOWER CASE. I USUALLY TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND THIS IS HOW IT CAME OUT.

Sometime over the weekend I plan on creating new threads on our group board - one for each port of call, one for hotels, and another one for airlines. That way we can all share whatever info we find out with each other. I plan on using Priceline for my pre-cruise hotel stay, and I will let you know how I make out once I start bidding. So be on the lookout for the new threads to pop up over there, and please feel free to add any comments, suggestions, or questions you may have and we can all try to help each other with them. :)

Just a few days left for the $25 per person deposit!!! Why wait - make your reservation today before time runs out.

Tick, Tock - time is ticking away on this great offer. There is only today and tomorrow left to be able to book this great cruise for only $25! Make sure you lock in your reservation now so you can sail on the brand-new Carnival Valor with the rest of the Valor Voyagers next June! :D

Unless we are somehow able to get yet another extension (which we may not be able to) this is the last day to book with this group for just $25 deposit. Hurry up and call the t/a today! Just click on the link in my signature for the details, or click on member cruises from the toolbar at the top of the page. :)

Hi everyone! Sorry it took me so long to get on this board. I am Mary from Overland Park, KS (a suburb of Kansas City, MO). My husband (Clayton) and I are planning on joining you on the June 12th Valor cruise from Miami! I also persuaded my sister (Sharon) to go, along with her husband (Bob), their 2 daughters (Jessica and Christina) and Jessica's boyfriend (Joe). This will be their first cruise and our fourth. We are very excited about cruising on a new ship. We have sailed out of Miami once and New Orleans once. Our third cruise is in November aboard the Conquest out of NO. We are taking my husband's parents with us which will be their first cruise as well.

Thank you, Debbie, for creating the threads on this board. I have e-folders set up for each port-of-call that we have been to, or are going to, and will add the links to the appropriate folder(s) for any that are interested. The Valor cruise will be our third trip to Cozumel and Grand Cayman, so if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them. We are going to both islands in Nov., so I will try to gather any additional info. that may help us as well. I will be sure to post a trip report upon our return.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Welcome aboard Mary! I am glad that you found our roll call thread. How lucky are you - going on the Conquest in November and then on the Valor in June!! :D Sounds like you have a nice little group going with you too. I will also be having some family and friends going with me on the Valor, and we are all so excited to be sailing the Western itinerary this time. :)

Have any of you done the swim with the stingrays? If so, please tell me all about it. I am trying to get up enough nerve to do that kind of excursion during this cruise. :eek:

I just wanted to post a link here to our group board, in case anyone had trouble finding it. Please check it out and add any information that you think might be helpful. Thanks!

To those of you that still aren't booked with us - there is still a little time left for you to take advantage of the $25 deposit, but you must book by August 27th. So hurry up and book so you can join in the fun! :D Our prices are great, plus every cabin booked with our group will get a $150 shipboard credit - that will buy quite a few foo-foo drinks onboard! ;)

Hi Debbie! We are doing the Stingray tour on our Nov. cruise and are planning to do it again in June on the Valor since we are going to be with a different group. I have read many times that it is not to be missed when visiting Grand Cayman. Unfortunately, on our last visit to Grand Cayman, we went on the underwater boat tour and did not get to go on the stingray excursion. We are really excited about it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks Mary! I can't wait to hear what you think of swimming with the stingrays! :eek: :D

Nancy - you went to Paradise Beach during your last cruise, right? Do you remember seeing any waverunner rentals or parasailing there? My daughter and I wanted to go parasailing during our Miracle cruise, but it was too windy, so we are going to try again during our Valor cruise. And my SIL and her friends love waverunning, so that would be a definite plus for them if they have it there, or right near there.

Hi Debbie,
Yes we did go to Paradise Beach. They do have parasailing and wave runners. Both are at a site next door but just a rope between PB and them. We tried to go parasailing but ran out of time so were unable to go. We plan on doing this when on the Valor also. Maybe we can make a group out of it. It would be fun!

I definitely plan on going to Paradise Beach when we are there next year. I've heard so many rave reviews about it, and I think it is so nice of Paradise Beach Tom to come on here and answer everyone's questions. Plus if they have waverunners and parasailing right next to their beach that just makes it that much better. Oh I wish I was there now!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1]Bumpity, bump, bump.[/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]Just a few weeks left to book with our group for just $25. Make sure you book by August 27th to get the low deposit![/font] :D

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=red]Hurry up everyone! There are only 2 1/2 weeks left for you to book with this group for only $25 per person. Why put down your whole deposit if you don't have to? Just click on the link in my signature to see the full details - pricing, amenities, itinerary, etc. We will be sailing on Carnival's newest ship which has plenty of amenities to keep everyone busy. Don't let this great deal pass you by! :) [/color][/font][/b]

We are down to 10 months left to go until we set sail on this adventure! :D I know that is still a long time away, but I can't believe that two months have already gone by.

Has anyone made their flight or hotel arrangements yet? I started watching the airfare prices already, but will probably wait at least a few more months before I decide to buy, unless some great deal comes along.

For those of you that are not booked yet - what are you waiting for??? :p

Heather - that is why I book all of our family vacations!:p I'd be waiting forever if I left it up to my hubby to plan them. :rolleyes: Just make sure you decide in time to book by the August 27th cutoff date so you can still put down just $25 per person. I hope you and your hubby (and friends??) definitely decide to join us. :)

Let the countdown begin. I have started looking for both airfare and a hotel but I don't want to book too early for fear of finding a better deal.
Heather ~ I hope you can get your husband to book while there is such a great deal on the deposit and all the other goodies.

Come on everyone ~ time is running out

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]In just two weeks from today, this $25 deposit offer will be going bye-bye. People that book with our group after August 27th will be required to put down the full $250 per person deposit. Make sure you book in time to take advantage of the low deposit, or you'll be kicking yourself later. :eek: :D [/size][/font]

Archived