Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

[font=Trebuchet MS][size=3][color=navy][b]Sharon - the page look absolutely wonderful!!!! :D When I get home tonight I am going to e-mail the rest of our group members to let them know about it, in case they haven't been checking the boards 20 times a day like I do. :eek: [/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=3][color=navy][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS][size=3][color=navy][b]I have some family and friends booked with our group, and I'm going to try to talk them into putting their info on there too, although I don't know how successful I'll be. :o They enjoy cruising, but they aren't crazy about it like I am. They are perfectly happy to let me set everything up, and then just tell them when they need to pay and how much. I wish I could get them to join the boards, but I haven't been successful in that quest.:( They will show up for our onboard meeting though - they had a blast meeting everyone on the Miracle. :) [/b][/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=red][u]***** IMPORTANT REMINDER *****[/u][/color][/size][/font]
[/center]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]For those of you that put down the initial deposit of $25, please remember that the remaining $225 per person deposit is due by December 13th. [u]You will not be sent a reminder from the t/a for this[/u], so mark your calendars. I'll try to post another reminder a week or so before the due date for those that might have missed it. And if you want to select your cabin number instead of staying as a guarantee, you can do that once your full deposit is paid.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkgreen]Sharon - do you think you can add an important dates section to our group board, and list the deposit due date of 12/13/04 and final payment due date of 3/4/05 on there? If it's a lot of added work for you then don't worry about it. Thanks! :) [/color][/font]

Hello again everybody! It's been a while since I stopped by. We have been very busy and now scrambling to be ready for next Saturday. We will be on the Caribbean Princess on the 20th. We can't wait. We are in dire need for a vacation. Haven't cruised since May, and we are jones'in! We didn't book any air yet for this cruise. we will wait until after Jan. too. Prices should come down.

Sharon, Nice web site. I will put some stuff together and get it to you when we get back. I will never have time before we leave. Once we get back, I will be a regular here that's for sure. These boards just keeps the cruise vibes going all of the time!

I will check back before we leave. We are flying into FLL on the 19th to relax for the next days festivities.

Dave

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=blue][b]Dave - you must be so excited about your cruise next week!!! :D I wish I were going too, but unfortunately I will not be cruising again until next June. :( Make sure you remember to send your bio's and pics to Sharon after you get back. [/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][/size][/font]
[b][color=indigo][font=Book Antiqua][size=3]I only have an e-mail address for a few of our group members, so yesterday I sent them an e-mail to let them know about our group website. Hopefully the rest of the group (that I don't have e-mail addresses for) will read about it here and forward their info on to Sharon so she can add it to the site. It would be really great if everyone participates - just another way to get to know each other before we meet onboard. :)[/size][/font] [/color][/b]
[b][color=#4b0082][/color][/b]
[b][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=red]Anyone notice that our cruise is seven months from tomorrow? Seven months from now I'll be in Miami, and will be so excited about cruising the next day that I probably won't be able to sleep. :cool: [/color][/size][/font][/b]

Wheeeewwww! I made it!! I always came from work and had a hell of a time finding home here at the home office!!! I had it bookmarked at work and not here. It's really tough! Well, I am jammin and getting ready for my next one! 4 more working days to go!!! I will let everyone know how princess treats me when I return. I hope they do as good as Carnival, cause I will return if they do!! It is really gonna be weird though, walking on with a case of beer in my hand! All out in the open and free to the liking! They say, the princess lets you walk right on! We will see. I know the Carnival patrol would be having an attitude if I was doing it there, so we will see. I have dealt with a few issues with them in the past with alcohol. So I will find out.

Dave

Hey Dave! Have a great trip! I know how you feel going to a different cruise line. I've only sailed RCCL to this point and Carnival will be a new experience for us! It feels a littling unsettling because I know the RCCL routine so well, but I guess that's what makes this vacation exciting for us...it will be a new experience! Where are you sailing?? Do you have any kids in your group?

Debbie...I was wondering why my group had a cabin assignment and everyone else had guarantees...from your postings I think it's because when I booked I had to pay the full $250 deposit. You guys are just coming up for your deadline. Wow...that deposit hit the credit card fast!!

I keep checking "OUR" website hoping to see more bio's and pictures!

Chat again soon!
Marcy

Marci, I've been waiting to hear from others so that more info can be added. I KNOW there has to be more than the 3 of us out there! Be sure to check the website [url]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers[/url] and let me know if there is something else you want added and SEND on that info! :p
The final deposit payment is coming up soon - got my checkbook ready to go! Next step, still watching for airfares. We also did some looking around on the ports of call boards trying to decide excursions - definitely going tubing in Belize - just don't know who to book with? Looks like wetnwild and xstreme seem to be the top choices, just not sure yet which way to go. Some of the questions are about making it to the ship on time, since we are there from 9-6 and its a 5-6 hour excursion I don't think that should be a problem for us, right? :confused:

Sharon...count my family in for cave tubing. I think if we e-mail ahead of time that we have a large group going and the times in port, they will accomodate us. I learned my lesson last year with Coral Breeze who got us back with 15 minutes to spare for the last tender! I had some major issues with them that were addressed with the owner when we got back. That day, before we even leave the port, we need to discuss tour times with the tour guide again. I think if the tour leaves early enough we should be okay, but one close call has left me a bit shaken. From the ports of call board, it sounds like either tour group is good. Maybe we should e-mail them with the time issue and see which addresses this better.

Marcy

[quote name='Marcys']Debbie...I was wondering why my group had a cabin assignment and everyone else had guarantees...from your postings I think it's because when I booked I had to pay the full $250 deposit.[/QUOTE][font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=navy][b]Yes, you have a cabin assignment instead of a guarantee because you paid the full $250 deposit when you booked, so you were allowed to choose your cabins then. People that only put down the $25 deposit are not allowed to pick their cabin until after they pay the remaining $225. My family and friends paid our full deposits already, and are in cabins 6358 through 6364 - 4 cabins in a row and plan on having our balcony dividers opened so we all share on big balcony. :D [/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=darkgreen][b]I definitely plan on doing the cave tubing too, and have heard good things about both X-stream and wet n wild. I will e-mail both of them and see what they say about having an excursion just for our group and see if there are any differences between their excursions. I'll post here when I hear back from them.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=red][b]To those that haven't already done so - [u]send your pictures to dear old captain Sharon!!! Send today, send right away![/u] (anyone remember what that's from???). :p [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Hello Everyone: I haven't been on the boards forever. Enjoyed a great vacation to Las Vegas -- met my brothers and their wives. Lots of work-related issues that have kept me very busy. So glad to see that others are interested in cave tubing in Belize with Wet 'N Wild. I'll contact Marvin again and let him know that we'll be able to fill a van. I'll share details later (be patient with me; I get on-line about once a week). Sharon, the web site looks great! We're interested in swimming with the sting rays in Grand Cayman -- a short morning excursion would work best for us. I'm hoping to snorkle at Eden's Rock in the afternoon. Brad from CSI (orphanage in Roatan) has e-mailed a list of needed supplies. I'm thinking about getting a cab for the day, stopping at the orphanage, doing the canopy tour and then hanging out at a beach (Mayan Princess/Foster's West Bay Beach) the rest of the day. We have two teens (15; 17). I'm sure they'll be interested in talking to other Valor teens before the cruise. We don't have airfare or hotel yet. We are interested in a sail-away get-together and pre-cruise get-together. Keep the information coming.

Kathi...Hi! I have a daughter who turns 16 tomorrow and a son who will be 2 months shy of 14 during the cruise. They would love to chat with your kids. It's always easier going to the activities for the first time with someone else, rather than alone.

I hear Eden Rock is good for snorkeling. We're hoping to parasail in the afternoon.

Debbie...I heard from Soto's about my questions about parasialing on the island. Did you hear from them about setting up a trip for the sting rays? I think they're finally catching up on e-mail.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=indigo]Good to see you Kathy!!! :) Thanks for taking care of the cave tubing info - I'll [b][u]try[/u][/b] to be patient while waiting for the booking info, but I'm not making any promises. :p [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen]Marcy - I just heard back from Soto's too ([/color][/size][/font][url="http://sotoscruises.com/index.shtml"][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen]http://sotoscruises.com/index.shtml[/color][/size][/font][/url][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkgreen]), and they want to know how many people we'll have in our group so they can let us know if we can have our own group excursion. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][b]Can everyone that wants to use Soto's for a swim with the stingrays excursions in Grand Cayman please post here [u]and[/u] let me know how many you have in your group that want to participate?[/b] [/color][color=navy]The cost is $24 per person and is a 3 hour excursion going to stingray city, coral garden, and the barrier reef. What a great deal! When I first decided to swim with the stingrays I was really nervous about it, but now I'm so excited and can't wait to get there!!! :D [/color][/size][/font]

We've always gotten to the pier early with RCCL, usually between 10:30 and 11. Sometimes we've been on the ship in 30 minutes, others in 1 1/2 hours.

I want to start my vacation as early as possible!! I like to check out my table in the dining room, book a massage, buy a soda card for my son, and book any excursion that can only be taken through the ship. Since we've never been on a Carnival ship, we'd also like time to explore, learn our way around, etc.

What's a reasonable time to get to the pier? We don't mind if wehave to wait a bit.

Count us 4 in for cave tubing and stingray city.

[quote name='Marcys']Hey Dave! Have a great trip! I know how you feel going to a different cruise line. I've only sailed RCCL to this point and Carnival will be a new experience for us! It feels a littling unsettling because I know the RCCL routine so well, but I guess that's what makes this vacation exciting for us...it will be a new experience! Where are you sailing?? Do you have any kids in your group?

Hi Marcy,

We have been on both RCCL and Carnival. This is our first Princess. They were both good. RCCL Navigator was sure a fabulous ship! We usually go where the deals are. We travel with out 2 kids. Darrin 14 and Leah 10. They are very excited to leave for this one. They just love to cruise! So do we! We really don't do any other vacations. They did the parks a few times this year, but I haven't had a vacation since the Legend in May. I am in dire need for this one. We are meeting up with friends that we met on the boards. They are from Florida and have 2 children the same ages and sex as mine. They have been emailing back and forth as we are too. We can't wait to meet them. We also spoke on the phone a few times too.

Later,

Dave

Dave, our family loves cruising also. We "did" Disney, it was OK. But no one is dying to go back like they are with cruising. I have a son who will be 2 months shy of 14 when we sail on Valor. I see you have a 14 year old son too. Maybe...

I've asked this question a gazillion times...but how do you find Carnival compared with RCCL. Also, we've only sailed Voyager class ships. Will we be happy?

Just finished booking my air tickets. Got low mileage using frequent flyer miles, just have to change planes in Atlanta rather than our usual nonstop. Also need to fly later in the day, but we still get in the night before. And, we fly into Miami but out of Fort Lauderdale. But this gives me more mileage to fly for free for another cruise.

I purchased one ticket and this is really strange...but the coach fare was over $800 on Delta while 1st class was only $287. So, one of us will be sitting in 1st class and the other 3 will be in coach!

Anyone have any opinions on whether to get a taxi from the pier to Fort Lauderdale or arrange a limo. We have a 1:00 flight.

I wish my airfare reservations were booked, but prices from Philly haven't dropped yet. :rolleyes: I think since you did all the work in finding the airfare, then you should get the first class seat. ;)

I've only sailed once from Miami, and when we flew home from Fort Lauderdale and just purchased the bus transfers through Carnival, so I really can't say what would be the best way to go. But Host Chris has a great website, and I know he has info on there about transfers so you might find something on there. Here is his website address: [url="http://www.lifeiscruising.com/"]http://www.lifeiscruising.com/[/url] I hope you find some helpful info there, or maybe you can start a new thread on the boards asking for info on transfers from the Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport.

My children have already informed me who will be flying first class!!:eek:

Debbie...thanks for Host Chris' website. Someone just posted the same question on the Carnival board board and was referred to his site. I went there and filled out the info for an estimate!

The air plans aren't exactly what I want but it lets me save the miles we'll need to fly to San Juan to do the southern carib next time!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Just think - one month from now the Valor will be on her first cruise. I think it's a 2 day cruise to nowhere, but I'm not sure. I can't wait to see the pictures and read the reviews!!![/color][/size][/font] :D

Here's the response I got from ABC limo which is highly recommended by Host Chris. What do you think?

"Port of Miami to FLL $105.00 plus 20% gratuity. All service is door to door direct and includes meet and greet (chauffeur at airport with a sign with your name on it) at your arrival airport/cruise port.
Mention the internet at time of reservation to receive a FREE upgrade to a 10 passenger super stretch limousine for extra comfort and style"

I called Delta for a seat assignment for that "first" class ticket...:o It's coach, not 1st class. Oh well!

Debbie...I can't wait to see the pictures and read the reviews, especially of the first "western" route cruise!!

[quote name='Marcys']Dave, our family loves cruising also. We "did" Disney, it was OK. But no one is dying to go back like they are with cruising. I have a son who will be 2 months shy of 14 when we sail on Valor. I see you have a 14 year old son too. Maybe...

I've asked this question a gazillion times...but how do you find Carnival compared with RCCL. Also, we've only sailed Voyager class ships. Will we be happy?[/QUOTE]

Darrin turned 14 in August and Leah is 10. It's so hard to compare because we love cruising. But, If I had to, it would be RCCL over Carnival. Just overall a better service line. We had such a blast on the navigator. Darrin wants to go on RCCL, but it's a lot more money. He was disappointed a little when we booked another Carnival, because we are a little carnivaled out I think. But, this is a new ship, and the price was good, so that's the big thing. We love big ships better, defenitely. We were on the Legend in may, and I don't think we will go there again. It was night, but not as nice as the big ones.

Dave

My kids don't really take advantage of the Voyager class "stuff" anymore, such as the rollerblading, rock wall, ice skating. They want a teen hangout and free food, which it sounds like they can get on Valor in several places. They will, however, miss Johnny Rockets! We switched cruise lines to take advantage of this great group deal, saving $1500 with taking into account the $150 cabin credits, we have 2 cabins!

Hello: I've been in touch with Marvin about cave-tubing in Belize (Wet-N-Wild) several times. He will accommodate our Valor arrival/departure times. I've guaranteed that we'll have 14. He wants one "point of contact." I'm willing to be that person. I'll put a deposit down. You all can pay me back -- my credit card won't be charged for the excursion until the day of. He'll give us 15% off since we're booking as a "group." That's $51.00 per person. For those of you who haven't check their web site, the cave-tubing adventure with Wet-N-Wild includes: One hour dirve to the Caves Branch River through the Maya Mountains. We'll need to hike about 35 minutes down a jungle trail (guide will point out various plants, etc. used by the ancient Mayans). At the entrance of the cave system, we'll get miner's lamps and will float in inflated inner tubes (with gentle currents) through the cave system. This takes about 2 hours. Lunch is included. Dress: bathing suits, T-shirts, shorts, tennis shoes or water shoes and a towel. A change of clothes and shoes is recommended. Duration: 5 hours. Departure: About 10:00 (we dock at 9:00; he'll wait for us). Contact me directly (ftwfranks@aol.com) if you're interested in this tour. Sorry -- only 14. We have 3. I'm looking forward to this excursion.

Archived