Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Like you, Debbie, I can't wait to read the first western reviews! I was surprised at how few reviews there were from the first sailing! Does this site allow you to post a link to reviews at other cruise boards?? Or, will they get pulled?

I think the software on this site automatically changes any links that contain the names of other message boards to *****'s. For instance, if there was a board named valorreviews.com and you posted a link it would change it to [url]www.************.com[/url]. At least that's what happened to me before when I tried to post a link to something on another board. I'm not sure if it is like that for every other board, or just the one I tried to link to. :rolleyes:

[quote name='lhall85917']I'm sure we requested the earliest seating - we are early birds and ready to eat as soon as possible! What we are hoping for is a table by the windows, not in the center of the room. I don't know if that will work out, or how to make it happen[/QUOTE]
When you get your Sail & Sign card at the port, it will have your seating time and table assignment on the card. Go to the dining room and see where your table is located. If you don't like the dining time or location, see the Maitre'D and request a change. The Maitre'D is usually available near the entrance to the main floor of the dining room. If no one's there, consult your Carnival Capers that will be in your cabin and it should tell you when they will be available.

To change the subject a bit...here's a response from another board that I got about an inquiry on the canopy tour. I'm still trying to find solid information!

Here's the response: "I received a response to an email about the canopy tour on Roatan, they said to book the Tabayana Beach Tour thru the ship and when you get to the beach book the canopy tour. The beach is a private beach and unless you book thru ship you will not be allowed on the beach."

Isn't Tabyana Beach available without a ship tour?

Ok - here is the first review I've found for the [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116029"]Valor's Western itinerary[/url]. It doesn't say anything about the ports, but I'm hoping that they come back and give us some info about them.

Here's part 2 of Debbie's part 1 above: [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116245"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116245[/url]

Now...reading reviews of the first western Valor cruise...this is exciting! I hope there's more!

Formals were Monday and Thursday. They didn't make any special changes in the formal night for New Year's eve (which wasn't a formal night on this New Year's cruise:confused: ) This should be a sea day and Grand Cayman.

Debbie, I saw you asking for info on Reggie's cave tubing. Are we doing Reggie's or Wet-N-Wild? Or are the same or am I confussled?:p

Debbie, I was going through some back posts on this thread and came across "Marvin" with "Wet-N-Wild." I think that may be who we're using in Belize. But, it does get very confusing!!

Dave, haven't heard from you in awhile! How was your cruise? Didn't you go on one over Thanksgiving?

For those of you who may still want to post a bio and pics of you and your family or to look at our bio and pics, we have a web site set up. Here's the link: [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url] There's info there that tells you who to send the info to, to get it posted!

Only 159 days left!! Now that the reviews are coming in...it's getting exciting!:D

Hey Dave! Good to see you're still around. :D Did you decide on any of your excursions or book your airfare yet?

Marcy - so it is Marvin that's with Wet N Wild. I stand corrected. With so many excursions and ports to think about I can't help but get confused every now and then. Or maybe it's old age. :eek: :p

Kathi - If you have the room my husband and I are interested in the orphanage/canapy tour that you were talking about. How many people do you have going already. Is it confirmed that we will be able to do the canapy tour part. Plus what kind of things does the ophanage need. I saw in another post that they were needing laptops. My husband has access to used laptops with DVD players in them. Would they need any kid games/educaiton games that could be played on the computer like reader rabbit. Who do I need to contact for further information.

I am also intereted in booking a trip with Soto's in Grand Cayman. Does someone have the website/phone number to make a reservation.

Debbie - did you ever get confirmation that there would be enough time to make the morning trip with Soto's. Do we have to make sure we are on the first tender.

I guess because we are in the new year, 5 1/2 months to go, I need to start finalizing everything. I have decided to use priceline for the hotel. Depending on what time the plane gets in (still watching airfare) will depend on if we book in the downtown/harbor area or the southbeach area.

I have really enjoyed reading the valor reviews. Thanks to everyone for posting links to follow.

From reading the posts, I realize that I will not get Ken and the Washington dining room. It looks like the 545p dining is in the Washington room. That is okay with me. I will just enjoy my table mates and the wonderful food we will be eating.

Crisp1, Don't know whether group rates are available, Debbie (Snowball) can answer that. But, your nephew and wife are certainly welcome to join US! The more the merrier!

Kathi...which canopy tour was Brad's drivers going to take us to? I think there are two and I still haven't gotten a straight story on who can go on the canopy tour. Some say just through ship (and Carnival is not offering it yet) others say just through Tabyana Beach Resort. I've posted a gazillion messages on these and "other" boards!

I've been to the Cayman's twice and tendering has never been a problem until now. Is this a Carnival thing or a Valor thing, these long lines? Do we have time for the afternoon tour? I really wanted the morning so I could take the kids parasailing in the afternoon.

Chris - Yes, there is still room available for those wanting to join our group. I e-mailed you with more details. I hope your nephew and his new bride decide to join us. :)

Kim - [url="http://sotoscruises.com/index.shtml"]Here is a link to Soto's[/url]. I booked the early excursion and put in a comment for them to let me know if they think we should take the late one instead. I received an e-mail back from them saying that the early one should be ok, but they will see what time the Valor arrives in the coming weeks and e-mail me back if they think we should switch.

Please let me know how you make out with Priceline, since I will probably be booking through them too (same thing - either downtown or south beach depending on what time I get in). Did you request the 5:45 dinner? If so, they may just give it to you and not have you seated the group members that requested the 6:15 seating. I'm not really sure how that will work out - on one hand you may get Ken at 5:45, or us at 6:15. Sounds like a win, win situation to me. :D

I'm hoping that the tender problems are related to the ship being so new and this being the first sailing where they had to tender. I will be closely watching the western reviews as they come in to see if the situation improves. :rolleyes:

Marcy - I thought you were going parasailing in Cozumel at the beach next to Paradise Beach???

Debbie - FYI.. I have booked the days inn downtown/port that is next to the hospital area. They are having a promo special of 59.00 per night for king or doubles. They have complimentary shuttle from miami airport to the hotel. Plus they have complimentary shuttle from the hotel to the port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace. You just have to cancel by 4pm day of arrival. I am using this as back up. I still plan on using priceline. I will try and bid on 3 star hotel for about 45$. I have seen people receiving 3star hotels from 35-55$. I will still wait for flights before I bid. Waiting for airfare to go down.

I have to 615p dining at this point, so I will happily sit with my cc buddies.

Thanks for the link to Soto's. I will contact them tomorrow. I will try for the morning excursion. I'm hoping it won't be as busy as an afternoon one.

Debbie and Marci, I believe from what I've read that there is parasailing right next to Paradise Beach and the price is $55 per person.

Thanks also for the prices on the Days Inn. Even if you get something through Priceline you have to add on costs from the airport to the hotel, then the hotel to the port. With their free shuttle both ways - this sounds like a great deal! We may just look into going with this, I'll look it up. Only thing better would be if they have a free breakfast!

OK...now that it's only 5 months to go, time to start paying attention to details. ;)

I'm used to RCCL which stays on ship time in each port. What does Carnival do?

For instance, when it says we get to GC at 9, is that local or ship time? If it's local, making a 9:30 tour with tendering looks very tight! If so, maybe the afternoon tour is the way to go. Then you could also sleep a little later since 4 days of ports and excursions and late nights gets tiring! But...then... is the 5:30 p.m. sailaway time close with the time difference. I'm starting to obsess!!:eek:

What are the time differences in GC and Belize?

Then...this morning while lying in bed listening for school closings due to an ice storm (school is in session) I heard measures that Delta is taking to avoid bankruptcy...well...guess who we're booked on?? On the other hand, Delta is dropping rates to attract customers, so if you haven't booked yet...

Anyone else starting to make packing lists??

We're still watching airfares - no change at all. Delta implemented the lower fares in Cincinnati a few months ago, they are now doing it nationwide. The fare now for us is $222, I'm confident we can go well under $200, there are some now for $103 - but travel has to be complete by Feb.

Archived