Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Hello everyone, just back from Ann Arbor. Very fun tournament, nice way to end my daughters waterpolo career!!! Univ. of Michigan was beautiful. A little cold this weekend but very green and people so nice.
I came home to do the docs dance. Acturally my husband was doing it on Saturday. Only problem was ours came damaged. Looks like our good old postal service got them wet. They look a little mangled but still can read them so I guess we will just go with them. I am also on the Lido deck. Balcony room 9279. Where is everyone else?
Good thing I came home today. My husband left for work and our upstairs toilet started leaking and leaked all over the downstairs. What a mess. Looks like our kitchen remodeling project will be underway sooner than we thought!!
If you could post again the needs for the orphanage, or just point me in the right direction. Can't find my list. Need to go and buy some things for them.
Let's just keep dancing for the next few weeks. It is so much fun!!
Have a great week everyone!
Rebecca

Rebecca - we are in 9267 so we should cross paths often! Here is the list from Brad at the orphanage:
As far as needs, please see the list below. Baseball equipment would be
great for the kids as we begin to prepare for the first "Little League"
teams on the island.

Here is an additional list I just received from my staff regarding other
needs.

Medicines:

Cipro
Vitamins for children and adults
Chewable Vitamin "C" for children
Children's Cold Medicine
Children's Expectorants
Children's Benedryl

Children's Home supplies

Disposable diapers - size large"6T" (She is just about 50 pounds) No pull
ups please, as they leak when Ana (Our special needs child with Down
Syndrome) tugs on them **(This item is very important as we cannot buy them
anywhere on the island. They do not have large enough ones) Thank you!
Wet wipes
Dawn Dish Soap
Body Wash
Baby Powder
Avon Brand "Skin so Soft" oil
Hands on Motor skill developmental toys for Ana- (She has Down Syndrome and
is 7 years old, functioning at about a 3 year old level)
Flip Flop type sandals- Ladies 7 - 10 size and any other sizes as well for
men or boys
Stackable PVC shelving
Shampoo
Hair conditioner
Hand sanitizer
5 oz Dixie cups
For girls, underwear, ladies size 5
Desk lamps (Under the counter fluorescent lights)
Toy models (Cars, Airplanes, rockets, etc. with model glue for the children
to build)

School Supplies for sponsorship kids and community schools:

Spiral notebooks
Black pens
Copy paper
Story books (English and Spanish)
White socks for boys and girls shoe sizes 12 - adult size 10
White t-shirts all children sizes and up to adult large

Community Outreach Needs:

Clothes in good condition, mostly shorts and t-shirts for the children,
skirts and dresses for the ladies
Disposable diapers
New children's underwear
Adult and Children's Bibles (English and Spanish) New King James or NIV or
New Believers
Teen Bibles
Toothpaste

"For Our Missionaries" (We can reimburse you for these items when you
arrive, thank you!)

Hostess "Fruit Pies" pastry snack- Any flavors
Snyder Flavored Pretzel "PIECES" (Any flavor)
Sam's club Pop Tarts or similar
Microwave popcorn/Kettle Corn
Beef Jerky or Beef sticks (Slim Jim type- Sweet/Hot and Spicy or Teriyaki
flavor)
Lawrey's Taco seasoning mix.
Chocolate chips

Hi everyone!

I'm back and the computer is fixed! How did we ever live without these machines!

Sounds like everyone is "dancing" but me! I'll be running to the mailbox everyday...hope we see them soon!

I'm starting to wind down the school year too...only 16 more days left but it seems like much longer! Made my hair, manicure and pedicure appts. and other than picking up a few odds and ends it looks like we're pretty well set.

Gotta run and let DS on so he can finish a project...have a good one!

Beth

[QUOTE]Michelle - screen name emarismom) that is looking to find enough people to fill a van, so just post something on the roll call and she'll get back to you.[/QUOTE]

Debbie, thank you for the information. I have a group of over 30 people but now it seems that we are divided in regards to the cave tubbing tour. We are 11 in my family, and we suggested to the rest of the group to do the Wet n Wild tour. The thing is that they have a different person, that was recommended to them, by someone that went to Belize last year. Right now I don't know what I'm going to do but I still like the fact that Wet n Wild has their office right at the pier. If Michelle (emarismom) still needs more people to fill a van maybe we can get together in a group. Marvin did tell me that he'll give us a discount for a group of 20 or more ($51.00). Michelle, let me know if you are interested, I'll be making a decision by the end of the week. You can email me if you like.

I could use some help with what to do in Roatan. I was thinking on doing a horseback riding tour that ends at Fosters. Does anyone know anything about the beach at Fosters? Is there anything better to do a Roatan other than the Beach? I would appreciate any information you can give me regarding Roatan, Belize was easy, everyone wants to do the cave tubbing. Thanks!

Emilio,

You can definitely join us. Right now I only have my family, there are only four of us and possibly a friend of mine who is also traveling with a group of four.
We would love to have you. I can email Marvin to make us all one group, hopefully he will let us get the discounted rate, but with your 11, we will only be at 19:eek: . I saw you live in Miami. I do to. I'm in Kendall. My email is
[email="travelteem@bellsouth.net"]travelteem@bellsouth.net[/email] , feel free to email me so we can plan.

As for Roatan, I still am not sure what we are going to do. I know we will be going by the orphanage to drop somethings off. I want my children to experience it. It will hopefully be a humbling experience for them, and a chance for them to realize how blessed they are!! As for the rest of the day, I might just get a taxi to drive to some of the sights and beaches.

Michelle

Sharon - thanks for posting the needs list for the orphanage. I need to get on the ball and start picking things up for them before time runs out. :o

Emilio - Sorry, but I can't help you out with Roatan, since that will be a lazy beach day for me. I know several people here are going to do the canopy tour there. You might find some info on Foster's over on the ports of call board.

Where is everyone hiding at???? Are you all packing already? :p

We're getting really close now. This weekend I'm dragging my hubby out to get him a new suit,:o and me and my daughter are taking our formal dresses to the cleaners for some minor alterations.

What cruise stuff do you still have to do? Are you all done shopping yet? I finally think I am, although you can never be too sure. There's always the chance of seeing something great that you just have to buy. :D

Debbie, are your alterations taking your dresses in???? (Now that's a question that should never be asked in public, huh?:)

I just need to buy dramime, immodium, and bug spray. (Gee, that makes the vacation sound so fun, huh??) I tried out Neutrogena self-tanner on my legs today, they are SO white. I'll let you know how it goes. Since this is our 5th cruise, I don't NEED anything, WANT is another story!:D

I saw on the Carnival board that Michelle invited someone on our sailing to join our Roll Call. I invited someone from the Roll Call board. Hopefully, they'll join us here.

I was reading a post of Fat Tuesday vs Carlos and Charlies...it was funny...they said have a designated "party pooper" to make sure you're back in time, especially if you go to CnCs which is not near the dock. Sharon, you're NOT a party pooper. You have a very important and prestigious role in our group! (How's that for sweet talking, guys!)

The other thing I read is that Paradise Beach now has parasailing, wave runners, banana boats, etc and you can pay by credit card. I still think we'll stick with our plan to parasail in GC rather than hold out till the last port day, this way if for some reason GC doesn't work out, there's still PB.

Actually, yes my dress needs to be taken in. :D My diet has been going really well. Only 5 more pounds to go until I reach my ultimate goal, so hopefully by mid-summer I'll be there.

Where did you find out about Paradise Beach having wave runners and parasailing? I didn't see anything on their website about it. Do you know how much they charge for them?

I hope the newcomers come over and join our roll call - the more the merrier!

Debbie, congratulations on your successful diet! Way to go!

Here's the link to the thread on the Coz board about the waverunners. I don't know if it's on the PB webiste. [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174056"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174056[/url]

Thanks Marcy!!! I started a thread on the Cozumel board to warn Tom, oops - I mean let Tom know that we will be there on June 17th. I also asked him to provide the prices for the wave runners and parasailing, in case anyone in our group was interested. I'll post his response here when I hear back from him. :cool:

I'm going out right now to buy a brand new thong just for PB:p

My husband loves parasailing so maybe he would like to go. We went to PB once about four years ago. I was planning on going to Chank this time to swim with the dolphins, but I have to get on the ball and make the reservations. I've been meaning to do it for a while, just another one of those things on that never ending list of things to do:rolleyes:

As for shopping, I haven't been doing very well. My husband and kids need nothing. I don't really need much either- but I can't go on a cruise without buying a few things-right!! The kids are going to bible camp from the 6-10. Those will be my shopping days!!Just me and another teacher from work, were both sending the kids to camp and were going to shop everyday- I can't wait for school to end. Our last day with kids is June 1st:) :) :)

Michelle

Here is Tom's reply:

[quote name='Paradise_Beach_Tom']Yikes, if you're anything like the Saints and Sinners, well....let's just say that I appreciate the warning!!! :eek: :D
Parasail is $55USD per ride and jet ski is $55USD/30 minutes....hasta la vista!![/QUOTE]

ummmmmmm.... that would definitely be a no to Sharon wearing a thong to PB! :eek: I'm sure the fashion police, I mean our daughters, will be the first to agree with this. I'm thinking maybe one of the men? I'm sure my DH won't go for it - anyone have takers?

[quote name='Marcys']I met Tom last year when we were there. He's a very cool guy...oh, and did I say handsome????[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm, I seem to remember you saying he was handsome once or twice. Ok, every time his name comes up. :p I can't wait to see him in person and judge for myself. ;)

[quote name='Marcys']Hi Emilio!

In Roatan, we have a driver for the day and we'll be doing the canopy tour, iguana, farm, sightseeing, and end up at a beach for lunch and snorkeling.

Marcy[/QUOTE]

Thank you Marcy,
Can you tell me what is the canopy tour or give a web site where I can get information about it? I'll appreciate any help you can offer.

[quote name='lhall85917']ummmmmmm.... that would definitely be a no to Sharon wearing a thong to PB! :eek: I'm sure the fashion police, I mean our daughters, will be the first to agree with this. [/QUOTE]
Sometimes the fashion police are a blessing in disguise. :eek: :p

Michelle, I'll email you later concerning the cave tubbing tour. I'm looking into the tour operator that was recommended to the rest of my group and I'll let you know. Either way you can probably join our group and get whatever discount we get.

To the rest of the ladies,

I'm taking notes, with everything that I read here I have enough material for another season of "Desperate Housewives" :) :) :) . Have fun!

Archived