Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Hey Dave!!! :D Good to see you - I was wondering where you've been hiding at. You have a lot of catching up to do. What do you plan to do at each port? We have a list on here somewhere - maybe a page or two back now. What airport are you flying out of? We are having our onboard meeting at 2pm on embarkation day at the aft lido deck bar - right by the pizza parlor. If the weather looks like it might be raining, then we'll pick an alternate meeting spot sometime in the middle of next week. Now get to posting so you can catch up with the rest of us! :p

Hey, Dave! Welcome back! You have a lot of catching up to do! Do you have your orange thong and lei so we can recognize you on board and at the meet and greet!!:D Have you seen our website for the cruise? Here's the link: [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url] Click on "Who's on board" to meet many of us! We've posted pics and bios!

I was at Target yesterday...no orange thongs!:(

[quote name='Marcys']I was at Target yesterday...no orange thongs!:([/QUOTE]
That was probably a blessing in disguise. :p

Marcy - are you packing any extra lei's with you? I'm just wondering in case I don't make it to the party store before we leave. :o I'm going to try and get there, but wanted to see if you had an extra just in case.

Debbie, I have 144 leis, some even in orange...I will stuff the empty spaces of my suitcase with them and bring as many as I can. I figure we can all wear them and also give them out to everyone else...waiters, bar tenders, etc...Definately create a party atmosphere!

Wowwwww!! I missed a lot of sh';t...... Well, we have been so busy with work and our video business, we haven't had time to chat. We are booked for (bare with me) Coral Breeze - Cave Tubing Carnival- Tabayana Beach (on our own to Zipline) Cayman- Hyatt- beach pday Cozumel - chankaanab park (did the dolphins and seals) Snorkel day this time and see all of the park.

That's it! You'll know me... I wasn't going to this time, but I will... Do my usual BIG GOOFY HAT Embarkation!! They hate it!!! But I will.. Believe me, you will know!!

Sounds like fun! Just don't ask people if they want to get lei'd!!! :p

I have to share a cruise story. I went on a weekend cruise last October with some girlfriends (that I met here on cruise critic). One of them thought it would be a fun idea for us to wear Mardi Gras beads on embarkation day, that way others from our roll call could recognize us. Since this was a weekend cruise, it really had a party atmosphere, and for some the party started before they even arrived at port (with cases of beer in hand). Well, as we are in the terminal and waiting to board the ship, this guy comes up to my friend Terri and remarked on her wearing beads. She tells him they are "beads for buns". So the guy (who was obviously very intoxicated already) proceeds to moon her right in the middle of the terminal!!! I couldn't believe it! She gave him some beads, since he definitely earned them. So our inside joke is that during our cruise we saw a full moon in the middle of the afternoon. :eek: :D

Debbie, that's a funny story!!:eek:

Well, a week from today we're on our way to Miami!!!! Just need to get my traveler's checks and cash to bring...otherwise I think I have everything! Never did do a mental check of outfits...but after 4 cruises I should be OK. If not, there's always the orange thong...with the right jewelry, I'm sure it could look formal!:p

some additions to the list:
extra batteries (or battery charger for rechargeable batteries)
$1, many, for tips
different size ziplock bags (for wet suits, ice cubes in a cooler, etc)
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
refillable water bottle, to bring ice tea to the pool
water shoes
contact lenses and solution
water wallet
backpack for excursions or tote bag for beach
passports, copies of passports (or birth certificate & drivers license)
card with magnetic strip for safe
wine, soft drinks
lanyard for Sign and Sail card
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers
Bungee cord - if you want to keep your balcony door open
Power strip - if you need to plug in more than one thing at a time
prescription medicines
sunglasses
duct tape (never used it, but others swear by it!)
dramamine/bonine/immodium
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Orange leis[/color][/size][/font] (no orange thongs please!!! )
cable ties to lock luggage for flight home
[color=darkred]travel coffee mug
sunburn relief spray/ointment/cream
itinerary/port and ship info
reading material
notebook with all travel info-hotel confirmation #'s, limo service #, etc.
hair dryer(like mine better than the ships)/curling irons/[/color][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]flat iron [size=2]for us curly people[/size][/color][/size][/font]
[color=darkred][color=lime]highlighter for Capers[/color][/color]
[color=darkred][color=#00ff00]laundry soap in a ziplock bag [/color][/color]
[color=red]quarters [/color]
[color=#ff0000]smutty books[/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Downy wrinkle release spray [size=2](no, you don't spray it on your face, as my son suggested I do!:mad: )[/size][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Fabreze spray [size=2](not so impt as ship has laundry)[/size][/color][/size][/font]

Debbie- That is too funny. I can imagime the looks from everyone around!! Did you all run into the guy again on the ship? Did he remember or just act like he had never met you all? Or did you all act like you had never met him before?:D

I also tried Party City for leis, no orange ones. I am going to use some leis with Hibiscus' all over them, so will my DH, I think. I'm not sure if I'll bother to get any for my kids.

Well somehow I seem to have hurt or sprained my wrist. I'm not sure how it happened, but it's not feeling good. (I'm typing with one hand.) I'm going to go buy something to wrap it as soon as the drugstore opens and try to rest it a little today. I have too much too do, to not have use of my hand!!! First day of summer and this happens:eek:

Have a great day everyone, I have to go get my DD ready for her pictures for her first ballet recital. They are at 9:00am, but it will take a while to get her ready, especially with one hand.

:) Good morning everyone. We are still in pain:( , but hoping it will soon be over. I am getting ready to go shopping for my grandaughters birthday today. My grandaughters name is Paris and will be 3 today, my daughter named her, because she had been in Paris on her internship, and was in love with it. Tomorrow is my other grandaughters birthday and she will be 2, so I will be busy partying with them. I do not think we will be going on the cruise, he has as much pain as when he first got it. Again, I say thanks for caring. We have not made up our mind yet, so we are still hanging in there. I hope your wrist soon heals and quickly.

I haven't gone to look for leis yet - I guess I'll do that next week. We'll see what we can come up with - I'm sure you'll spot me anyway - I'll be the one with 16 hats on!!!
Any last minute things that we might have forgotten? I've put our mail and paper on hold, made arrangements for the dog, starting to get things out to pack... I'll go to the bank Thurs. or Fri. after figuring out what we need for cash vs. items to go on the card so we can take less cash. I'll start confirming reservations on Monday.
Connie, like you said yesterday - everything happens for a reason, but we don't always know the reason. Hang in there, we hope your husband gets to feeling well soon. If you happen not to make it we'll be sure to fill you in. Perhaps you can jump on another cruise sometime - we have a couple more group cruises going maybe you can work on going on one of them.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Sharon

Hi everyone, waking up to a beautiful day in Colombus. We are having a great time and of course since I am with my daughter, shopping. Can hardly believe that our cruise is almost here. Will really need to start packing as soon as I walk in the door. Had our first White Castle hamnburger, interesting and the most amazing wonderful dessert Sheridans Frozen Custard. YUM. My daughter and I am trying to stay on our diet but we just had to try it. Good thing it is not in California or we would be in real trouble.
Connie, so sorry for all the things that you have been going through, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I just hope that your husband gets better. I will pray for a fast healing. A cruise would be a good way to get away. If not this one then another real soon.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Rebecca

a couple of more things to add to the gargantuan packing list! :eek: Did we mention to bring clothes and toiletries??!! (see additions at the end of the list...)

extra batteries (or battery charger for rechargeable batteries)
$1, many, for tips
different size ziplock bags (for wet suits, ice cubes in a cooler, etc)
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
refillable water bottle, to bring ice tea to the pool
water shoes
contact lenses and solution
water wallet
backpack for excursions or tote bag for beach
passports, copies of passports (or birth certificate & drivers license)
card with magnetic strip for safe
wine, soft drinks
lanyard for Sign and Sail card
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers
Bungee cord - if you want to keep your balcony door open
Power strip - if you need to plug in more than one thing at a time
prescription medicines
sunglasses
duct tape (never used it, but others swear by it!)
dramamine/bonine/immodium
Orange leis (no orange thongs please!!! )
cable ties to lock luggage for flight home
travel coffee mug
sunburn relief spray/ointment/cream
itinerary/port and ship info
reading material
notebook with all travel info-hotel confirmation #'s, limo service #, etc.
hair dryer(like mine better than the ships)/curling irons/flat iron for us curly people
highlighter for Capers
laundry soap in a ziplock bag
quarters
smutty books
Downy wrinkle release spray (no, you don't spray it on your face, as my son suggested I do! )
Fabreze spray (not so impt as ship has laundry)
[B]extra hangers
addresses for postcards (or preprinted labels if you are really good!:)[/B]

Hi Everyone!

I don't know if any of you will remember me or not. My name is Gabrielle, and I just finished my first quarter of nursing school. My husband is Ron and he works for a car dealership. I've been so busy with school that I haven't had any time to post. I forced myself to stay off of the boards otherwise I wouldn't have ever finished my homework. Anyway, I just finished reading 30 some pages on here trying to catch up.

My husband and I are still trying to plan our excursions. We want to do the cave tubing, do any of you know if there is still room with any of the groups on here? Otherwise, I guess I'll send an email out on Monday and try to book something.

I think in Roatan we are going to do the horseback riding. Looks like we are in Roatan at 6:00 Roatan time??

Grand Cayman and Cozumel are undecided since this will be our third time to both of these stops they may just turn out to be beach days????

Well, now that's school is out I have a week to plan, shop, and pack.

Talk to you all soon!
Gabby

Hi Gabrielle,

I have booked the cav tubing seperate from the others because we need twenty people to fill a bus. They had already filled one before I learned about it. Marvin told me he would give me the discounted rate of $51.00 if I could get another bus filled. So far no one else has been interested. Right now it's just the four from my family for the second bus. You are more than welcome to join in. Then we only need 14 more, but who knows as the cruise gets closer maybe we will be able to find more people. I didn't ask Marvin if we recruit people from the ship and they come with us at the peir if we could still get that rate. If not it will be $60.00 dollars, which is still alot better than through the ship. Let me know if your interested. I don't work anymore so I'll be on the boards alot:)

Such a shame Marcy that you didn't take Victoria's Secret up on their offer, it sure sounds like fun:D

Emarismom-
What do I need to do to join in with your cave tubing group? I'll be so happy to have at least one of our excursions taken care of. This is the only one that my husband is really excited about.

Is anybody doing the horses in Roatan? I think I read a post a ways back that somebody was. If so, do you know what time the excursion starts?

Thanks!
Gabby

:) HELLOOOOOOOOOOO LADIES. I found orange leis in the dollar tree, they come several in a pack, and one is orange. I have really enjoyed talking with all you great ladies, please let me know everything that happens, and I mean everything. I am still hoping that we get to go, his pain is still the same and never gets any better. I had a super time at my grandaughters birthday, and tomorrow my little gift from God is having her party, she is the one that is having so many problems. How do I go about looking for another group cruise? Well I think my eyes are starting to close, take care and be good, well maybe not that good. :)

Connie, hope that birthday party today is GREAT! And, that your hubby starts to feel better. When is the last that you can make a decision? Do you have cruise insurance? There's a link on the blue border on the top of the page that says "Member cruises."

Hi, Gabby! Welcome back to the boards! Nursing school sure is tough, isn't it? Cnongrats on making it through your first quarter. Sounds like you work very hard! (You proably don't remember, I'm the nursing instructor!! Don't worry, I won't quiz you about medications on the cruise!)

Michelle, I told Victoria's Secret to meet us at the aft pool bar at 2 on June 12 and maybe someone else might be interested! Hey, just looking out for my friends!

Oh, Sharon, that's a good one...clothes and toiletries! I don't stop mail, newspapers, etc. The cat sitter takes care of all hat stuff...and feeds the cats. Leaves a daily diary with pics of the cats.:eek: some kids don't get treated as well!

Rebecca, glad you're enjoying your trip to Columbus, Ohio! You got to see the only sunny two days each year that we have!! Right, Sharon, Crista? Do we have anyone else from Ohio on our cruise, well, Roll Call. I'm sure there are others on the cruise from Ohio.

Connie, I hope your granddaughter's birthday party is wonderful!! Keep your spirits up regarding her diagnosis. Remember that things often are not as bas as they seem. Eight months ago my daughter had brain surgery, and I didn't think there was anyway I could get through that and all the years of tests and follow up. If you could see her now, you would never know she has anything wrong or has ever been sick a day in her life. I really hope that your huband feels better soon!!

Gabby, I think you can just email Marvin and tell him you want to join me,
Michelle Coll from the Valor Voyagers, on the excursion. Let him know that we are still trying to fill up a bus, so maybe we get the lower price. I have read very good things about the horseback riding excursion on the roatan board. I can't do it because I don't think my kids could handle it. We are also doing the sting rays in Grand Caymen. Still not sure about Cozumel.

Marcy, I'll be sure to wear my orange thong, I'm sure Victoria's Secret will be interested:eek: :D :D

I've cancelled the paper for the week, arranged for my nieghbor to pick up the mail, and am going to take the puppy over to my niece's house to get familiar with their house. I don't want her to be tramatized or feel abandoned:rolleyes:

Good afternoon ladies, just wanted to keep you updated, nothing has changed. I am going to call the Dr. tomorrow and see what else can be done. The closer the cruise is getting the more down I am getting, but I will be okay. We do not take a cruise very often, we have not cruised since 2001, I was so looking forward to this, it is sort of what keeps me going after having such a rough year. I am going to wait until Friday to tell Carnival, we have our papers from our insurance, the first time we ever got insurance. I just feel I cannot wait for a whole year till our next one, but I sort of looked around and most of the Valor cruises are booked on the balconies. I just do not know what to do:confused: . I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks guys for listening and keeping my spirits up. :)

Here we go! Valor just pulled out for the last cruise before us!!! woo hoo :D

Hang in there Connie - you never know, with all of us pulling for things to change for your husband he may wake up feeling wonderful tomorrow (and the next day too!)

Hi everyone!! Well this last weekend before the cruise is over, and I really haven't accomplished much for the cruise. I went to a wedding yesterday, and was pretty useless after I got home from there. :o But I have a good packing list that I use, so I'll just do a little each night this week. We are expected to have hot weather here all week, with highs in the upper 80's all week. It should help prepare me for the hot Caribbean weather. ;)

Connie - I hope everything works out for you, whether you sail with us or have to re-schedule. I hope you enjoyed both of your grandkid's birthday parties this weekend.

Gabby - welcome back! I was wondering where you disappeared to. I bet you must be relieved to have made it through your first quarter of school. Now you can celebrate on the cruise!

Marcy - good luck with the Victoria's Secret modeling tryout. If you make it into the catalog, can you try to wear an orange thong for us? :p I've never needed extra hangers during any of my cruises, but I guess it depends on how many things you need to hang up in the closet.

Good Morning everyone - just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful (and quick) week! I checked the Valor cam this morning just for the fun of it and about fell over when I saw it approaching land - I thought this was a Fun Day at Sea. Then I finally came to my senses, duh, they aren't on the Western itinerary. I need a vacation!!!

Morning everyone....WE ARE HERE!!! The last week before our week of heaven. I am so excited that I can't think of anything else. :)

I went to a graduation in the extreme heat yesterday, and have an outdoor wedding on Thursday, another hot day predicted...so my body should be nice and ready for the carribean weather.

Can't wait to meet you all face to face.

Archived