Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Sorry for your troubles Connie. I hope he feels better soon. I didn't get a chance to read a lot of the posts, but enough to know you are a trooper! Good luck and we hope to see you!

Dave and Joanne and the family...

I was wondering about the talent show - Kristen was on a performance jumprope team for 4 years and she talked about entering and doing a jumprope routine - is it just for singing?
I think tomorrow I'll start packing some things and seeing how out of control I am!! :D I'm also going to look for leis - we found 3 orange and yellow ones today and a wrist lei for Kristen (she is giving me heat about wearing a lei :eek: ), but I needed 4 of them so I passed.

So sorry, Connie, that you'll need to cancel your cruise. What a disappointment. But, I agree with Debbie that you and your husband will enjoy another cruise at a later date so much more when he's feeling better. We'll miss you. Probably my last e-mail. You all are sooooo far ahead of me. I need to concentrate on packing, traveler's checks, etc. etc. Just a reminder for anyone packing things for us to deliver to the orphanage in Roatan -- it would be a great help if you had an inventory of the items. We'll collect the inventories the first day (at the meet-and-greet) because we have to "declare" what we're taking in. We'll make arrangements to collect the actual items too. Thanks to all of you who are participating and sharing. See you all soon.

Sharon - I'm sure the talent show is for any kind of talent. On our last cruise, most were singers but there was one guy who "tried" to do some magic...just didn't quite work! On NCL, I know they really look for different kinds of talent..I think your DD should enter!!

Debbie - Where is Avistar? We were going to park at the airport but if they are cheaper it would probably be worth it!

Kathi - We'll be taking a bag full of things for the orphanage....where do we go to take care of getting the things thru customs?

Beth - Avistar is right off the Essington Avenue exit on I-95. Here is a link to their website: [url="http://www.avistarparking.com/Home.aspx"]http://www.avistarparking.com/Home.aspx[/url] They have discount coupons on there. I'm not sure if it really ends up being cheaper than parking at the airport, but they were recommended to us by friends a few years ago and we were happy with their service. And they were very quick in picking us up after our return flight too.

[quote name='Snowball'] I know we have a lot of local Miami area residents going on this cruise. Can you guys please watch the weather forecast for Sunday and let us know if you think we'll be ok to have our meet & greet out on the lido deck. I don't want to pick an alternate spot unless it looks like we'll have bad weather (which of course WE WILL NOT!!!).[/QUOTE]

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry to say that it has been raining in Miami for the past few days. The good news is that the ship has a retractable dome in the back of the ship (Lido Deck Aft) that closes completely when there's bad weather, so you don't need to change the location for your meeting. Our worst weather was tonight when the Miami Heat lost game 7 against the Detroit Pistons. By Sunday, the sun will shine again, and you'll feel the "Miami Heat". Enjoy the cruise!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Connie-so sorry to hear you won't be joining us. but it is probably for the best. It would be very disappointing for you and your husband not to be able to enjoy yourselves on it.

Emilio- the weather here has been awful!! That just means all the rain will have passed us by when the Valor returns on Sunday!! After that there will be clear skies throughout the western Carribbean!! (just because I say so)

Beth- I bet you can't wait to finish those last days!! They are the hardest ones because we teachers become more restless than the kids:eek:

I haven't started packing yet but I will start today!! I'm going to start with my kids first. I will leave straight from home on Sunday and plan to arrive at the port by 12:00. My husband may have to work a few hours on Sunday morning, if it were up to me I would be at the port at 10:00!!

Well I did get to do some shopping yesterday. I bought myself an orange tankini!! It is bright orange!! I was so excited when I saw it and I can't believe I am actually going to wear a two piece bathing suit again!! I haven't been willing to do that since the birth of my son who is nine!! It even looks pretty good.

Gotta go and start packing, dd just woke up so maybe I can get one kid done before I take them to camp and do some more shopping:rolleyes:

Michelle

Do you all remember my grouding about the cold and snow, well tha past 2 days it's been sunny and hot, over 90!!

Michelle, congrats on your ORANGE bathing suit! If you wear it to the meet and mingle, we'll find you! Did you choose orange in our honor??

How's your hubby today, Connie??

Good morning everyone:) . My husband had his pain medication adjusted, but still in alot of pain. The Dr. wants him to have an ultrasound done Wed., she wants to make sure it is nothing else, since he is having problems with his stomach swelling. I guess I am going to be ok, but will sure miss all of the fun you and your families are going to have. Since we have been talking, I feel like I have known you guys for awhile. I feel like I can picture you all, in my mind, expecially with the orange thongs:eek: . I want to thank everyone of you special girls, for helping me through some pretty rough times. You are all very special, and I want to wish each and everyone of you happy Bon Voyage:D . I will miss you girls, and all the fun we would have had. Be good, not to good, and take care. Savor each and every precious moment of life. Please email me, [email="cberrier@localnet.com"]cberrier@localnet.com[/email]. Let me know how everything goes. Missing you all, your almost cruiser buddy, connie.:) .

Good morning everyone! Last night I put most of the clothes that I am packing into a pile, so I am one step closer to being packed. ;)

Emilio - thanks for confirming that the aft portion of the lido deck has a retractable roof.

I haven't heard from Kim in a while, and remember her saying that there was a possibility that she might have to cancel. Kim - if you are out there, please post and let us know if you're still sailing with us.

[b][color=red]So I guess we're good for meeting at the bar located all the way at the back of the lido deck - which is also right by the pizza parlor. Don't forget - 2pm on embarkation day!!! Only five more days!!![/color][/b] :D :D :D

Good Morning everyone. Up bright and early today, must finish all my paper work and bill paying so I can relax on vacation. Just opened up my American Express bill from last month! YIKES!! Must show some restraint. Way to much travel and graduation expenses. At least I am earning miles for another trip!!
Connie, so sorry you will not be part of the orange thong group. We will keep you in our prayers for the Dr. to help your husband. I do know a few people who got shingles and told me it was the worst thing ever and lasted quite a while. Hopefully another wonderful cruise will become available for you.
Hope everyone is getting in vacation mode. Just checked the weather and looks like a nice day for us on Saturday and Sunday. What time do most of you think you will arrive at the port? I am sure it will be a wait as it is such a large ship.
Have a great day everyone!
Rebecca

We are being picked up at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale at 10:00 - hoping to be in line and waiting by 11! Don't know about robes either, but I hope we have some! :p
[SIZE=7][COLOR=orange][B]OMG![/B] [/COLOR] [/SIZE] I just got the tackiest orange leis - I'm not going to show them to the family until they have to put them on! You'll know us - the ones with the hairy orange leis!!! :D :D

We will also be at the port by 11:00 at the LATEST!!!

Hairy leis? I'm not even going to ask where these came from! LOLOL The guy should be calling me today for my special ordered orange plastic leis. Who knows why orange is so hard to find.

I plan on dropping off our rental at the Miami airport around 9:30-10:00, so hopefully we'll be at the port between 10:30-11:00. I'll be on the lookout for people wearing leis. :)

I'd rather see hairy orange leis than hairy orange thongs!!! :eek: :p

Sharon, a hairy orange lei, orange thong, and one of your hats! You should look stunning!!:eek:

Hey, we have to get a group picture. Last CC cruise we got ours posted in the CC "magazine!"

Saw a few really nice reviews today!

My hubby is the "family photographer", and I'm sure he would be happy to take a group picture. When we get back I can post a link so everyone can download a copy if they want. I think the best time to do this would be at our meet & greet on embarkation day.

What do the rest of you think of this idea?

I think if we wear all of the above mentioned items on the board....we will definetely have the picture published SOMEWHERE!!! :D

I'm in for the picture. I would love to have one. You will see me buying and taking pics all week. I love pictures!!

About the talent show...I am thinking about trying to get into it...does anyone know how they work things if you want to sing? I mean, do they have a band or a karaoke selection that you can use, or do you have to bring your own music etc.?

Don't feel bad Debbie - I HATE having my picture taken. :eek: The joke around our house is that I am not in any of the pictures, not too funny of a joke because its true!!! How about if I take the picture then your husband can be included??!! ;)

[quote name='lhall85917']How about if I take the picture then your husband can be included??!! ;)[/QUOTE]
He won't fall for that one - that's his trick for not being in pictures. I think that's why he is always the photographer. :rolleyes:

Archived