July 3rd Embarkation Question

mmiller626

Hi, new cruiser here :confused: Can we broad early if we arrive before our designated time?

Hi

"In your final documentation, you will be given a set time when you will be requested to check in prior to boarding the vessel. This is done for the comfort, convenience and security of all our guests and it will be strictly observed. Guests arriving independently should ensure that they do not arrive at the terminal in advance of this time, as they may cause congestion and may be asked to return later" Cunard.

CC member's experiences and my memories are that if you turn up early you'll have no problems boarding. However, you never know when Cunard may suddenly enforce the rules. There must be a "peak" time when suddenly, everyone must seem to arrive at once. So they try to stagger the arrival times. If you were to turn up early they are possibly grateful that you've eased the rush. But you could of course arrive so early that passengers from the previous voyage are still on board, your cabin is not ready for you, the embarkation team are not ready for you etc.

Enjoy your voyage and best wishes.

I have sailed on the QM2 twice, each time I was allowed to board early. I don't think its a problem. I don't have my boarding time for our July 3 cruise but I know I will be arriving at the terminal around 12:00 and I plan on getting in line!!!

Malinda

We got our docs yesterday!!! And doing the Dance!!!!

Ours say 12:30PM Boarding, but we are coming quite a way by car, and when we get there, we'll just queue up and hope for the best. I have never had a cruise line tell me to sit down and wait hours while others board in front of me.

I think they might start enforcing the times if they have all 2600 people arrive all at the same time, but that won't be happening. They want to board us with civility, promptness and as quickly as they can, in case of problems later in the day. The sooner we are all aboard, the sooner they can go home!

The last time I was on the QM2 I arrived well before my scheduled embarkation time. I think I was actually on board by noon. There was maybe a 15 minute wait for check-in. Much better to beat the rush.

I'll be coming up from the Philadelphia suburbs on a charter bus with other passengers who booked through my TA, so I have no idea what time we will be getting to check-in. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is before 1pm.

We also are coming up from Philly the morning of 3 July, by limo for the fun of it!!! Atticus, I think you might have been on my first QM2 adventure -- May 2004 the Inaugural Caribbean cruise.

Do you know the route the Bus is taking?

Not sure what the route is - I still have to contact the TA to find out what time we're leaving. i would have loved to have done the limo, but thought our money would be better spent on spa treatments and drinks :)

Speaking of the spa.... we scheduled our massages already. Very easy to do by contacting canyon ranch and htis way we were assured of getting the times we wanted.

Are you in Philadelphia, or suburbs? We are from Wallingford and I think the others members of our group are coming from Drexel Hill area.

See you soon. You'll love QM2!

I am in northern suburbs near Doylestown. Old college roommate coming into town the day before and we will limo together in old girlfriend style to NYC and our QM2!!! We pledged to cruise together as often as we can, so at this point it's about every two years. We normally wouldn't have booked a limo, but this is a "splurge year". Counting the days and can't wait to be aboard!

Hi, new cruiser here :confused: Can we broad early if we arrive before our designated time?

Hi All,

We expect to be there on the time assigned 12:30PM.

We only live 20 minutes away in Bay Ridge Brooklyn and have a very direct route to the terminal.

Also, it being a holiday Monday with all the area - industrial - will be closed for business should give us all a smooth ride. All working there should be on vacation since Friday and not returning till Wednesday.

Since it is our first time with a timing schedule for arrival, we will be going by the book.

Till then.....

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Archived