Romantic Surprises on The Fantsay

parrihjo

I have two questions I am hoping someone will be able to help with.....

First, my wife and I are celebrating our 10th Anniversary while we are on our cruise. I am trying to come up with 10 different surprises while we will be on vacation (10 years/1 per day)...I have 5 already, does anyone have any good suggestions for other surprises.

Second, I was thinkning about ordering the dozen roses from Carnival..has anyone ever done this. is it worth the money (48.00), are they nice looking, will they survive the whole cruise or will they become more of a pain..

Thanks in advance,

Now I just hope she doesnt read this post :)

Do you want to share what you have done so far? Just so we know what direction to go in.

Idea: Does your ship have a supper club? Take her dinner there and wine, dine and dance the night away. :D

Buy a nice trinket/bauble in one of the ports and give it to her a day or two after.

By the way very romantic of you!

A massage, manicure/pedicure, any of the spa services or salon services would be lovely...

Order the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne (you can get this on the ship)

Order something from room service and take a bottle of wine, then go have a picnic up on deck somewhere quiet (plenty of spaces since many will be at dinner or getting ready for dinner, always quiet up there) and watch the sunset

Go up to the buffet before she wakes up and bring her back coffee/breakfast in bed...

Bring along little trinkets (chocolate, or something she likes) and write a poem for her, it doesn't have to be good... the fact that a man would even think to do something like that makes us melt :D Leave the poem and chocolate waiting for her somewhere in the cabin (while she showers maybe)

Just the fact that you are thinking of doing this, means you are a pretty swell guy and she is a lucky gal ;) Have a great cruise and happy anniversary!!

Yeah...the poem thing will be a big hit. I wrote one for my wofe about 5 years ago and it was pretty dumb as far as poems go. She still carries it in her purse today.

Question about the chocolate covered strawberries...do you order them from room service or what? Also champagne in the room?

Yeah...the poem thing will be a big hit. I wrote one for my wofe about 5 years ago and it was pretty dumb as far as poems go. She still carries it in her purse today.

Question about the chocolate covered strawberries...do you order them from room service or what? Also champagne in the room?

Oooh. I just saw that he is on the Fantasy... not sure if the Fantasy has a specialty dessert shop?? You might be able to get them from the formalities shop??? I think you can actually... but not 100%!!! You can pre-order the champagne from Carnival's website... actually, you can pre-order the strawberries and champagne!!

Second, I was thinkning about ordering the dozen roses from Carnival

Par, one thing to keep in mind is that I don't believe they'll let you take the flowers of the ship when you disembark at the end of your cruise. Don't know if that matters, but I believe someone posted that on CC and they were kind of PO'd about it.

You do know you are making us guys look bad:p

..... Now I just hope she doesnt read this post :)
....You do know you are making us guys look bad:p
I just hope our wives don't read this post ;).

Isn't posting something like this in a public forum against the unspoken code of conduct for men?

John

You do know you are making us guys look bad
It's only his tenth anniversary, so technically he's still on his honeymoon.

He'll grow out of these bad habits soon enough. :rolleyes:

I just hope our wives don't read this post ;).

Isn't posting something like this in a public forum against the unspoken code of conduct for men?

John

Hehe....why don't you guys follow suit and then you won't look so bad :rolleyes:

How about a different card each day? These could even be done from a website. My DH hid cards all over the house for me one anniversary and it was great fun finding them; some were romantic, some were funny.

As to the poem, I have one framed over my desk that DH wrote for me. It was mushy and wonderful. You can't go wrong there.

How sweet you are!

My husband and I were on the Fascination a few weeks ago. He had the dozen red roses sent to me. They were in our room when we arrived. I thought that were pretty, but not worth $48.00. You are paying for the convenience of it.

Have a great cruise!

Stacey

The fantasy should have a specialty cafe- (i know the Sensation did)

You can preorder on the carnival web site under gifts to have the strawberries delivered...or get them yourself for a huge savings.

5 of them for 3 bucks.

cookies too-- best I have ever tasted at a buck each.

Just my thoughts! Add 2 of the above together. When your wife is in the shower or has stepped out for something- leave her a romantic note and tell her to meet you somewhere on the ship- Lido deck for example- and when she gets there have the picnic waiting with you!

You seem like a husband who really cherishes your wife and I hope she realizes how lucky she is!!

You could arrange for the pianist at the piano bar to play "your song" or maybe the song you danced to at your reception.

This is so romantic!! You're going to have to let us know how it went when you get back!

Danced at the reception? I am Baptist. We don't dance. ;)

Just my thoughts! Add 2 of the above together. When your wife is in the shower or has stepped out for something- leave her a romantic note and tell her to meet you somewhere on the ship- Lido deck for example- and when she gets there have the picnic waiting with you!

You seem like a husband who really cherishes your wife and I hope she realizes how lucky she is!!

Let's think about the shower suggestion for a moment.... If the average time it takes a woman to get ready after showering, is, say, 1.5 hours, and the poor guy spends that time waiting for her on the Lido deck, he, in theory, could receive a sunburn so bad that he won't be able to do ANYTHING;) for the rest of the cruise:p

for DH for our 20th Anniversary. I am having the room decorated, I went and had our wedding picture copied and will have it set up in the room along with the battery operated candles, I had a ring made for him including emeralds for our 20th with three stones for our past, present and future, I am having a CD made off of Ebay with pictures of us thru the years, and I am having wine labels made with our picture and wedding date on them also off Ebay. Thats it for now, I also wanted to do something different everyday, so please share what you are doing so I can copy!

PS I love the picnic idea and will try to plan for that also!

For the 20th wedding anniversary they say the traditional gift is china and now adays it is platnum. Keep in mind that doesn't mean a whole set of china it means something made of china whether it be a trinket or a china cup. Same with the platnum.

Didn't know if this would give you anymore help with ideas.:)

Oops.... and for the tenth it is tin/aluminum or todays is leather. Well you can still have fun with these. Sorry I had the wrong year for the op.

Yeah, get her some tin! She'll LOVE that!!! :p :p Honestly, I've never understood that one... Nothing says "i'm willing to go another 10" quite like aluminum or tin :p :D

But leather ;) You might be able to work with that! LOL!!!

I think under the traditional list, leather is the 3rd anniversary, with aluminum/tin being the 10th. Not sure why that is, you would think leather is more valuable than aluminum.

Some other things you could try doing:

Go way early to get a seat in the front row right in the center for the Mr. Magic three-trick show. At one point he asks if anyone is celebrating anything special. He'll pick someone in the front (easiest for him) and make a champagne bottle appear out of a seemingly empty paper bag, which he will then give to the celebrating couple.

Also, if you run into Maraschall, the cruise director, early in the cruise and chat with him and make nice, perhaps you could tell him how much you want to get picked for the Newlywed/Not-so-Newlywed game.

One of the excursions in Nassau is a Snorkeling/Treasure Hunt. You search for oysters which may or may not have pearls in them. This will take a lot of logistics and planning, but perhaps you could get in touch with the Carnival excursion people or the tour operator and arrange to bury a necklace (or something similar) in a plastic shell or something, and arrange to have your wife "find" it.

Yeah, get her some tin! She'll LOVE that!!! Honestly, I've never understood that one... Nothing says "i'm willing to go another 10" quite like aluminum or tin

But leather You might be able to work with that! LOL!!!

Ahem, there is nothing wrong with giving your sig other a twelve pack of beer, in cans, for an anniversary gift.

Throw in some buttless leather chaps and you have the makings of a unique romantic encounter....:p

I am not adding anything of value to this thread, am I?!

Archived