Romantic Surprises on The Fantsay

parrihjo

Ahem, there is nothing wrong with giving your sig other a twelve pack of beer, in cans, for an anniversary gift.

Throw in some buttless leather chaps and you have the makings of a unique romantic encounter....:p

I am not adding anything of value to this thread, am I?!

Of course there is nothing wrong with it! LOL! I think it is a great gift!!!! :D Let us know how that goes over with Beth, LOL!!!!! :D

Of course there is nothing wrong with it! LOL! I think it is a great gift!!!! :D Let us know how that goes over with Beth, LOL!!!!! :D

I am thinking, ah, no, that probably wouldn't fly, (but then again I do have 9 years and 2 months to try and think of a way to convince her that that indeed is a very nice and thoughtful gift):cool:

That said, OP please feel free to use my idea if it "tickles" your (and your DW's) fancy:D

Thanks everyone for all of the great ideas....someone asked what I already had planned so I wanted to share...I have special cards that tell her something about her surprise each day and I will give her a card each day we are going to be gone. We will be on vacation for 10 days (1 for each year)...we will be on the cruise for 5 days, Disney World for 4 days and Tampa (Busch Gardens) for 1 day..Here are the surprises I have so far in mind:

Day 1---I have rented a convertible for our drive from the airport to BG and then to Orlando..she thinks we have a Ford FOcus:)

Day 2--Dozen Roses waiting in our Cabin

Day 3--Spa Appt and Hair and Nail Appt for Formal Night

Day 4--???

Day 5--Dolphin Encounter at Nassau

Day 6--New Engagement Ring, the one she got 10 years ago was one that is great for 18 year olds.....this is a real one

Day 7--Dinner Reservations at a show she has always wanted to see at Disney World...

Day 8-- Parasailing over the Maic Kingdom from the Cont. Resort

Day 9--Video DVD from our kids that will arrive at our Hotel that morning that talks about how fortunate we are

Day 10--???

I still need 2 more things and maybe a third if I decide to combine two of these into one. I like the idea of breakfast on the deck..I was rading somewhere about a secret door, does anyone know if there is one on the Fantasy..if so how do I get there and could I leave clues for her to find it.

Thanks for all the great ideas...

Joey

Joey, you are making me all teary eyed. You didn't really need help from us folks ... she's going to be ready to marry you all over again. She is a very fortunate to be treasured with so much love. She must be a remarkable wife and mother. This is going to be a dream vacation.

Oh one last thing .... we want a FULL REPORT after the trip!!!

Yep - that gave me chill bumps!! How romantic you are! Your wife will be amazed at the time and effort you have put forth. I know I would! I hope everything goes as planned and I hope you do have a dream vacation! You are definately getting a good start:)

I was reading somewhere about a secret door, does anyone know if there is one on the Fantasy..if so how do I get there and could I leave clues for her to find it. Thanks for all the great ideas...Joey

Finally, I have something to contribute to this thread!

Secret door map here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2126056080079337728bGTuVL

Just be aware, if the ship is moving;) , then it will be windy (so plan for that).

CJW:D

I am teary eyed too. There is nothing more special than being able to express your love for your spouse. I know she will be blown away and will remember this trip as long as she lives. I will be waiting along with everyone else to hear how your surprises were received...maybe you'll even share a picture? Thank you, thank you for sharing this plan and for reaffirming the pleasure of "growing old" together.

If you are spending time at Disney, please go to the Contempory for dinner. It is a remarkable restaurant, the sunsets are glorious, and you can even watch the fireworks from there over the Magic Kingdom. If not dinner, at least go for a drink and the beautiful view. Florida is very flat and you can see a long way from the top. (Make a reservation far in advance). Also, please, please, go to see Cirque du Soleil. It is at Downtown Disney and is also remarkable.

Bonnie

It is awesome! You might want to consider a couples massage...

We just returned from the Fantasy on 6/1...you can carry flowers off the ship. As we were going through customs a saw at least one person carrying a dozen roses and another several people carrying single roses...

The secret doors are located on the side of the theater in the Universe Lounge...if you go at night, not only is it windy, but it is very dark! We also saw a door on the deck below, however it was locked.

One other suggestion...pick the best picture of the two of you (my husband had one made where he's kissing me on the cheek) and buy the cover with a picture of the ship...

Please, whatever you decide to do...enjoy your 10th anniversary and your special cruise!

Archived