Catalog

LaPaloma

Anybody seen a catalog for 07 and early 08?--it's kind of late! Maybe they are holding off to announce the new ship (or ships). Silversea has been out for months. I'm all set thru July of 07, but would still like to see what I have booked-- in print.

Yeah, me too. I requested a catalog after I returned from our Legend cruise, and only got the one that had 2006 trips in it, and I think early 2007. So, I'm hanging around Seabourn's website to look over the 2008 cruises.

Hi LaPaloma :rolleyes: !

Jane

The 2007-08 catalog is in the mail. You'll be getting one soon if you have sailed in the past couple of years. If not, you'll be able to order very soon from the website.

bgood

The 2007-08 catalog is in the mail. You'll be getting one soon if you have sailed in the past couple of years. If not, you'll be able to order very soon from the website.

bgood

Good deal--just opened todays mail, another one from Silversea--just wish there cruises were as good as the book!

I got mine yesterday. I read through the Single Supplement info, and they don't mention a 110% run of ship anymore...:( only 125, 150 & 175%.

Guess I'm glad I grabbed a 110% last year (for December '06)!! Seems they're gone "for good" :eek:

Already, on the one cruise I've booked for March '07, the Early Booking Discount is less than published...:p

And so it goes!!!

Everyone have a happy weekend!

Paul

(great review, Jane/SantaAna)

Oh Paul, say it isn't so, really? Well, we've discussed this before (re: goodbye to 110% run-of-ship)...so thank you for the heads up on our December cruise; glad I was able to grab it.

Haven't gotten my new catalog yet...so I'm still hanging all over Seabourn's website...buzzing around it like a bee.

Jane :rolleyes:

Haven't gotten my new catalog yet...so I'm still hanging all over Seabourn's website...buzzing around it like a bee.[/quote]

Jane,

It takes the Pony Express a bit longer to cart those cruise atlas brochures out here to the West Coast of California! ;) :D I am all booked up from Nov. this year through Mar. 2008; 2 crossings on the Legend and 2 crossings on the Pride. Yesss!!:)

We don't have ours in Canada either - it really takes a long time to arrive here! It seems like forever since there was a new Seabourn catalogue but in spite of this we have 3 Seabourn Legend cruises booked totaling 50 days :) When you are determined to cruise Seabourn, you can do it - catalogue or no catalogue!

I haven't sailed Seabourn yet but am booked for March next year.

I sailed with Silversea in February 2004 and have been overwhelmed with mailings from them ever since and was wondering if Seabourn are as aggressive towards their past passengers?

Incidentally, I was disappointed overall with Silversea and have no intention of ever sailing with them again.

Wayne

I've only got one SB cruise under my belt, but 2 more booked :) (including a March Legend sailing). SB hasn't been overly-aggressive in their mailings/emails at all.

I haven't been on SilverSeas, but I cannot imagine that anyone could be "disappointed" with a Seabourn experience...ship, crew, staff, food, beverages...all really top-notch!

Best wishes for smooth sailings...

Paul

My 2007-2008 Seabourn catalog was in my mailbox when I went home for lunch today. Needless to say I looked it over while having my tuna fish sandwich. What a nice catalog, they really go over all of the benefits of a Seabourn cruise very thoroughly. Wish I could book several...there are so many exotic places to go.

I'm fortunate to have one booked!

Jane :)

Barbados/Barbados - December 2-9, 2006, Seabourn's Pride

I got my catalog yesterday. I wonder if there are new builds in the works, if we'll see some newer, fresher itineraries, like Alaska, Hawaii, Trans-Pacific Crossings, Tahiti, African East Coast, South Africa......

Got my catalog yesterday. Is this where you get the referral certificates? I did not have any.

LB

Mine came in my "thank you" mailing (about 2 months after my 1st cruise), with a letter, and the certificates, with a little more "propaganda".... :)

Paul

...right, they come with your "thank you" packet, after you get home from your cruise.

With regard to our glossy new catalog (that finally made it to California, Paul!), I just booked the March 2-9, 2008 Legend Caribbean cruise, St. Thomas to St. Thomas...I think I will supplement it by staying on the island a bit before or after. Has anyone ever rented a villa on any of these islands? They have some that are way cute (with a private pool, even) and they seem reasonable!

125% single supplement, by the way, run of ship.

Jane :D

P.S. Dern, I keep missing you guys who like the crossings!

With regard to our glossy new catalog (that finally made it to California, Paul!), I just booked the March 2-9, 2008 Legend Caribbean cruise, St. Thomas to St. Thomas...I think I will supplement it by staying on the island a bit before or after. Has anyone ever rented a villa on any of these islands? They have some that are way cute (with a private pool, even) and they seem reasonable!

125% single supplement, by the way, run of ship.

Jane :D

P.S. Dern, I keep missing you guys who like the crossings!

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the information! I am still at work (to generate disposable income for those 125, 150 and 175% SROS tariffs ;) ) so my catalog should be there when I get home. Of course I won't be able to sleep untill I see all of the fantastic photograpy of Seabourn's far away ports of call! :D

I think you will love doing a crossing! Please consider adding a crossing in your 2009 or 2010 travel planning and a Panama Canal tranit during the other year!:)

Ladies - my catalog was mailed from Cincinnati, OH and I suspect the California catalogs were trucked to LA and then sorted for all points north and south. I think the Bay Area catalogs would then arrive tomorrow or the next day at the absolute latest. Carol, I would think your and W's catalog should arrive within a week at the maximum. Next year's catalog is worth the wait! :D

Happy perusing, blue skies and smooth sailings! :)

But, knowing our glorious APO mail system, I'll probably be getting mine sometime in September :( ...

As an aside, for those of you sweltering, it's 30º F today, and has been snowing for 6 hours... winds of 80-100mph finally died off last night. :cool:

I

I haven't been on SilverSeas, but I cannot imagine that anyone could be "disappointed" with a Seabourn experience...ship, crew, staff, food, beverages...all really top-notch!

Paul

I and a number of other CCers did not like Silverseas short cruises in March of this year. Before my Whisper cruise, NCL was at the top of my list for worst food and service, but the Whisper has replaced them.

I made it clear to Silverseas I never wanted to receive mail from them and haven't other than a reply from their guest relations manager who offered me $1,000 off my next Silverseas cruise IF I paid FULL brochure price for the cruise...

OTOH, I can count on RSSC to send me two mailings a month. :D I love reading cruise brochures.....

AS I was fondling my Seabourn catalog last night :D I found out that they include Suntan loc. with the bathroom supplies... Nice touch for my Turkey week Caribbean cruise....:)

As for the 125% run of the ship, IMHO there are not many of those out there. I tried to book a Seabourn cruise for summer 2007 to England/Scotland/Northern Norway and they would only quote me the 150% rate. :( So I booked my In Search of Lost Hobbits cruise with Celebrity.

As an aside, for those of you sweltering, it's 30º F today, and has been snowing for 6 hours... winds of 80-100mph finally died off last night. :cool:

All I can picture is you huddled inside your igloo - hands frozen to your keyboard! :eek:

Archived