Catalog

LaPaloma

It arrived today! I had hoped Seabourn would go back again to Australia/New Zealand in 2008 but no luck, at least in the first quarter (which is the only time to visit anyway). I guess I'll have to make do with the current offerings. Ah, how we suffer.

Help - I must be the only person left on this board who has not yet received the new catalog. Thank goodness I managed to get a photocopied new itinerary for 2007/08 whilst on the Spirit in April - but I need to have the real thing. Otherwise I shall be reduced to going down to the travel agent and stealing one for my Seabourn fix!! And we only live just across the Florida peninsula from the Miami offices. Seabourn have forgotten me!:eek: :( :confused: I'm off to bed to have a good old sulk and tantram, and show my real age! Sue.

>"Help - I must be the only person left on this board who has not yet received the new catalog."

I am still waiting and ram eally annoyed. That being said, however, it didn't keep me from booking a cruise, almost sight unseen.

>"Isn't all the information contained in it also available on the website???"

I have a very pokey old, albeit still working, pc and it's very inconvenient for me to do much on-line, (except post here, of course!). I also have no working printer at this time, so the annoyance is doubled.

If I didn't cruise so much, I could buy a new computer, right?

With the resources in the brochure, it's easier for me to visually plan out my year. Yes, I am whining.

I'm with you Jane--I close my current bookings from a long spread sheet Norm sent me way before anything was on the website or in print--but it still great fun to see it all in hard copy print.

Not to mention the great photography (no offense to Norm2002, GrannyLorr and all the other great Seabourn pasenger photographers) in the brochure that makes you want to grab your credit card in one hand and your phone (or internet connected computer) in the other and get more information or to make the booking! :) :D

We cruised with Seabourn in 2002 and have not received one piece of mail from them since. When I booked our October 2006 cruise with them, they did have us in their system so I am not sure why we are not on their mailing list. :confused: Hopefully now we will get all of their brochures, catalogs, flyers, etc.

It never hurts to give them a buzz! Call the "club" desk and tell them what has happened..I am certain that you will be on the mailer then. Somehow you fell thru the cracks..for it is very unusual to be without their mailings. You could go to the website for the numbers if you don't have them. Glad that you came back..even without the normal cordiality!

Is anyone in California still waiting to receive the 2007 brochure (besides me)? I notice that pricing is no longer published on the web.

Denyse

Denyse - I still don't have mine either and we are only 100 miles away from Miami. They must be going to send it by Pony Express - I am feeling quite forgotten and sad! Jeff says "just go and get one from the travel agent" and doesn't understand why I feel that it is just not the same as personally getting your own direct from the Source through the mail. And I know that you and I are good well behaved passengers so it's not that. We've just been left out (maybe they are trying to give someone else a chance at first grabs!) Anyway this is how I feel :( :confused: :( . Sue.

Denyse - I still don't have mine either and we are only 100 miles away from Miami. They must be going to send it by Pony Express - I am feeling quite forgotten and sad! Jeff says "just go and get one from the travel agent" and doesn't understand why I feel that it is just not the same as personally getting your own direct from the Source through the mail. And I know that you and I are good well behaved passengers so it's not that. We've just been left out (maybe they are trying to give someone else a chance at first grabs!) Anyway this is how I feel :( :confused: :( . Sue.

Hi,

We are also waiting in Europe, our TA have not seen it yet !

T&T

I was reading back over this thread and...not that it matters....but it's the March 9-16, 2008 St. Thomas/St. Thomas cruise I have booked, not 2-9.

I always seem to be on the week just before you all cross "the pond"! Like that new movie where people live in the same house but two years apart in time (only on Seabourn, it's about 12 hours...!)

Jane :rolleyes:

ENFIN! I can report the arrival of the catalogue, which I devoured. First I thumbed through to see the pics of familiar sights and personnel. Some of the photos were taken on the Legend 5 day FLL>STT cruise. Nice pics of Bonnie Kilroe, and Captuain Biier, and Marcel. I think it's akin to the old college catalogues where one first looked at the campus and party scene and then got down to the business of the course descriptions.

Then, getting down to business, I have realized that I booked the wrong cruise (not that any are wrong, per se). I want the Istanbul>Dubai trip in the fall, rather than Dubai>Rome in the spring. I imagine that will be changeable.

There were no referral cards in the packet, is that new or did they arrive separately and I never noticed.

Sue - it is not you. There is absolutley no rhyme or reason as to how the catalogs are being delivered. At first, I thought, based on the geographic location of the original posters, they were being delivered by zip code from east to west. Then SantaAna,CA and myself received catalogs the same day (in So. CA). Then winner received a catalog but not bldsld, both in the San Francisco Bay area. I then thought they were being mailed alphabetically until you posted here and your and my last name begins with the same letter. Who knows???

I am sorry you feel left out and am positive this does not reflect on you personally. If you think a cruise you want to book is filling up fast, by all means go online and book the cruise of your dreams directly with Seabourn. At the bottom of the booking form, be sure to fill in your TA's information and they will get "credit" for the booking. You will get a confirmation Email from Seabourn, usually within 24 hours and Seabourn faxes the invoices to your TA directly and deals directly with your TA for the duration of the booking. Granted, this is not as nice as having a nice face-to-face chat with your TA to go over all the details of your plans. This way you will get the sailing and suite category you both want rather than wait an unknown number of days until your catalog arrives.

Hopefully, everyone will receive their catalogs soon? :confused:

The Club desk doesn't have any brochures currently. Apparently, the initial mailing is outsourced. Unfortunately, some of us were, for reasons unknown, not so lucky as to have been included on that list. :(

Archived