Easter Week

cathylee

I'm considering a 4-night for Easter week 2007. A couple questions. How early do they fill up? I've never been on a Disney cruise. I would imagine the ship is usually pretty full. So, is it too crowded and not worth it? I don't like to pull my son from school. He has enough problems when he's there everyday.

I am takiing my son and his family on the 4 day cruise on April 15 2007. I went back and forth between one category 4 cabin vs. 2 category 6 cabins because of my two grandchildren (now 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 mo). The rooms were filling fast so I decided on the category 6. My daughter-in-law has the 3rd week of April off from her school district so that was when we had to go, but I would have prefered a non-Easter (peak time) week since the children are not in school yet. This is our first Disney cruise so don't have any other info, but we are all very excited about going.

If taking the trip during the school break works for you, I would definitely recommend going. We took the three day cruise this year with my son and daughter, departing on Thursday and returning on Easter Sunday and had a wonderful time. We evaluated both the 3 and 4 day cruise and booked the 3 day about a month before the trip. It looked like the 4 day cruise had slightly less availability at that time but both had some space available.

We took the same trip last year in August, when the ship was less full and did not notice a significant difference with either trip. Disney is so well organized, and seems to be staffed to accommodate all of the passengers. Embarkation and debarkation were easy and uneventful. There were a number of opportunities to meet characters and they were very accessible. We got some great pictures. The children's pool was more crowded but not enough to dampen the enjoyment of the kids. Both trips were absolutely wonderful!!

If you are interested in dinner reservations for Palo's, I would recommend making reservations on-line as early as possible. Also booking any any popular excursions, such as swimming with the dolphins early.

We just booked for March 10 (our spring break) and they told us we got one of the last 2 catagory 6 cabins that sleep 4. They said quads fill up fastest but I was surprised they were so full already.

Archived