Stylish Camera Bag!!!

Can anyone tell me where I can look for astylish video camera bag?

Stupid question... I know....:confused:

All of the ones I am seeing online are either black, or really sporty looking.

I thought maybe I could find one that was durable but yet attractive!:rolleyes:

Maybe it's a dumb idea....

now this I can certainly direct you too!

One of the best camera shops around is http://www.bhphotovideo.com according to DH. He is really into camera stuff and he says their prices are really good too. Do a search for "camera bags" and see what you come up with.

He has ordered from them and never had a problem, excellent service he says.

What a concept, a camera bag that actually looks good :rolleyes: .

It would be great, I feel like I "settled" for our small camera backpack. It holds everything we need, the camera, charger, cord, extra batteries and a bit of space left over, but it's black and grey and boring. The only other color I've seen is green, not a pretty teal, olive, lime, turquoise, pea or any pleasing shade but blah green, backpack green. I've seen taxi cab yellow, I've seen red, which is kind of OK.

I think they are designed mainly for function and so that guys won't mind carrying them.

What a concept, a camera bag that actually looks good :rolleyes: .

It would be great, I feel like I "settled" for our small camera backpack. It holds everything we need, the camera, charger, cord, extra batteries and a bit of space left over, but it's black and grey and boring. The only other color I've seen is green, not a pretty teal, olive, lime, turquoise, pea or any pleasing shade but blah green, backpack green. I've seen taxi cab yellow, I've seen red, which is kind of OK.

I think they are designed mainly for function and so that guys won't mind carrying them.

I agree with you Happy, when hubby buys a new camera bag (he has several in different sizes) he chooses his for it's function primarily and then size.

Knowing what I know about people who are really into photography, they care more about protecting the camera equipement than if the bag looks good. Even the ladies at DH camera club care more about the function of the bag than the look of the bag. Not to mention what camera accessories they may want to haul around.

now this I can certainly direct you too!

One of the best camera shops around is www.bhphotovideo.com according to DH. He is really into camera stuff and he says their prices are really good too. Do a search for "camera bags" and see what you come up with.

He has ordered from them and never had a problem, excellent service he says.

Thanks for all the replies.B& H Photo is where I purchased my camera!!! How funny is that!?

However, they have the same bags everyone else does, black, grey, olive.. blah blah...BORING!!!

I am a "camera person", and yes, of course I want to protect my cameras and all the goodies. BUT, I can't believe you have to look boring to do that!!!

You can't find them in fun colors, or even ones that look like a handbags... I may be onto a new business idea here, as I can't possibly be the only FEMALE photographer/videographer that want to look fashionable at the same time!:cool:

Geez....what kind of world is this....:rolleyes: ;)

Plus, my thought was that if it didn't scream " Hello... Look at me... I am in this standard camera bag over here... come get me.." people might be less apt to covet it! I mean nothing screams expensive camera equipment like a big ol' honkin' camera bag!!!:eek:

Hmmm. I have to give this some serious thought..:rolleyes:

Hmmmmm ... I usually sew my own bags, when I have the time. We usually just throw our digital camera in my bag, but I have a niece who is in to photography, and this might be a good gift for her.

What makes a "good" camera bag? Should there be a plastic lining to protect from moisture? Or does it need just lots of little pockets, and some structure for the area around the camera itself?

TIA

desparate housewife, I don't know what size case you need, but I found a cute pink and black case by hp on amazon. There was also a blue or purple bag on rushfaster.com; not as cute, but not black or brown, either.

I know exactly what you mean. They have come up with great looking cases for cell phones and ipods, but the camera bags all look alike, and I was only able to find the few I mentioned above.

Mary

This is a little off-topic, but camera bags in port (maybe on the ship too) scream "EXPENSIVE GEAR HERE, STEAL, STEAL, STEAL". Thieves do target cameras because they're so easy to re-sell.

I personally will bring about 2K in camera equipment onboard: my Cannon Digital Rebel with two lenses (for the best pictures), my Fuji FinePix (for the kids to play with), and at least two of those digitial disposables and one waterproof disposable for taking to the beach. This equipment is precious to me -- well, not the disposables -- and I don't want to lose it.

A suggestion I like and use sometimes: Use a diaper bag or a thermal-type lunchbox instead. They're protective, yet don't look like they contain camera equipment.

I have a great camera bag which was made by Benetton. It looks like a handbag. It's a kind of sandy coloured canvas type fabric trimmed with brown leather and a brown leather shoulder strap. I use it as a handbag on holiday - I put my money, credit card, tissues etc in the various pockets, so I only have to carry one thing with me.

I've had the bag for a few years now and have never seen anything like it again, so maybe they don't make them now. Sorry, but that's not very helpful is it? Just wanted to say I understand where you're coming from!

First... thank you to all for replies and suggestion!:D

Now,specifically:

Mrs.Pete, YES that is what I am talking about!I thought of the diaper bag idea too. I have a rather large guess tote with all kinds of pockets and inside zippers that I use instead as a diaper bag. I will keep that in mind still as I go about my hunt.

Daneite, Yes, I have seen the Crumpler bags....I don't know if it is what I am totally looking for, but definately the best so far! I will try what you said and google it for wider selection hopefully.;)

Maryevelyn,I saw the HP ones you were speaking of, but at least the ones I saw, they are not quite big enough as i am trying to carry my digital camcorder (prosumer model, so expensive!) AND my digital camera... and all the gear for both. The ones I saw only had colors for the camera itself, not camcorder.But thank you, and I will look again to be sure.

Mrgabriel, you keep throwing me with your username... I keep expecting a man!;) A good bag to me :

• Yes, moisture barrier for sure
  • Not too big that it is cumbersome, yet will hold all equipment( different for eveyone) w/o being a duffel bag!
  • Lots of pockets to hold: Cords, batteries, memory cards, straps, table tri-pods, recording media etc.
  • Fun, stylish colors ( for all tastes) that does not scream " Hi, I am a camera bag and I am looking to get taken!!":eek:
  • Zipper top for sure
  • Heavy , durable material that is heavily padded.( Cameras are so delicate( lenses and all) that small impacts can damage badly)

I am sure I am missing a few points but that is a good start. That would be a great gift BTW!

Well ladies, again thank you ALL for your replies. I remain early this morning perplexed over this whole situation. I did not realize this was such " a novel idea!" DUH! I am shocked someones hasn't seen the market and need before this.I will keep you all posted if I find anything... but don't hold your breath.....:p

Have a great day,

Heather

Thanks for all the replies.B& H Photo is where I purchased my camera!!! How funny is that!?

However, they have the same bags everyone else does, black, grey, olive.. blah blah...BORING!!!

I am a "camera person", and yes, of course I want to protect my cameras and all the goodies. BUT, I can't believe you have to look boring to do that!!!

You can't find them in fun colors, or even ones that look like a handbags... I may be onto a new business idea here, as I can't possibly be the only FEMALE photographer/videographer that want to look fashionable at the same time!:cool:

Geez....what kind of world is this....:rolleyes: ;)

Plus, my thought was that if it didn't scream " Hello... Look at me... I am in this standard camera bag over here... come get me.." people might be less apt to covet it! I mean nothing screams expensive camera equipment like a big ol' honkin' camera bag!!!:eek:

Hmmm. I have to give this some serious thought..:rolleyes:

Yes, my DH loves that store as much as I love Saks, Manolos and Bergdorfs, etc.

I'm not into cameras and photography at all except to look at the pics. But I think you may be onto something.

I know a few ladies at his club and they don't care about the bag (looks) so I just assumd it was a photographer thing as they chat about the bag function (someone was selling 2 gentely used bags and looks never came into mention). Maybe they would if there were some attractive ones on the market.

DH just got himself an ultra lightweight compact tripod called Gitzo traveller.

Yes, my DH loves that store as much as I love Saks, Manolos and Bergdorfs, etc.

quote]

LOL! That is my problem .... I love agood camera store AND a great department store!!!!MY Dh says I ahould pick ONE and run with it... but what fun would that be?

I love photography, I guess b/c I have little ones and it is so fun to capture these early years.

I am really giving this some thought...The camera bag thing that is.... not GIVING UP SHOPPING!!!!:eek: :eek:

Well, I guess you and I are the only ones up this early!You are probably going to work, I am up with little ones!!!!:eek:

LOL, hubby is not a "shopper" he has all his office clothes made to measure and usually will buy his casual clothes when on vacation or order off the net, the stores here don't really carry his size, he is 6'4". The casual pants that fit him best are the Ralph Lauren, they are long enough and he wears the polos from RL, so it's easy. They no longer sell RL here where I live.

He does love camera shopping, he is waiting for the new SLR digital to come out. He has one but he wants another one. He has maybe 6 point and shoots, some digital some with film and maybe 3 or 4 SLR with film not to mention filters, gadgets, a slide scanner and I don't know how many lenses (just know that there is a lot).

Thankfully he understands my love of Manolos, bling, etc etc etc lol.

I am always up early because DH leaves for work early. I don't work. Today I had to leave early as I had a 10am dentist appt, which is early for me.

ROTFL, well DH is not a shopper he has his suites and dress shirts made to meassure and buys his casual clothes on trips usually.

He does love cameras and camera gadgets, he has maybe 4 SLRs and is waiting for a new one to be announced. He has maybe 5 or 6 point and shoots, some digital and some with film and filters and lenses and gadets and slide scanner and all sorts of gadgets, bags in various sizes.

Thankfully he understands my love of Manolos and bling and La Prairie and clothing etc etc.

I am always up fairly early as DH leaves early, I don't work, today I had to leave early for a dental appt.

Happy Shopping, you may be on to something with those camera bags for women.

He just got the new B&H catalog in the mail, lol.

Tonight it's car shopping. New car dealers are closed on sat and sun here so you have to go mon - fri after work, sore subject with him. Well at least it's going to be a Honda or an Accura so only 2 dealers to actually visit and then it's his decision time as to the model he wants. I drive a Civic and it's not time to replace mine yet thankfully I am not big on car shopping.

Thanks!!! I did check it out, but they did not have them. Well, at least they did not have the size I needed, but I do thnak you for the suggestion.;)

Off topic, but I LOVED the purse hangers I bought from you off Ebay... gave them as teachers gifts.They were a big hit!

Hmmmmm ... I usually sew my own bags, when I have the time. We usually just throw our digital camera in my bag, but I have a niece who is in to photography, and this might be a good gift for her.

What makes a "good" camera bag? Should there be a plastic lining to protect from moisture? Or does it need just lots of little pockets, and some structure for the area around the camera itself?

TIA

I was just thinking that a pretty fair seamstress (yes, that was sexist. Seamster?) could make one.

Archived