Crown Departure From Bermuda????

fivegirl

Hi - can anyone solve this mystery. NCL says the Crown leaves around 8 am from Bermuda, but you can also pick last morning shore excursions. Does she really leave at 8 or midday on Friday???? Thanks!

Wow, thanks for the heads-up on this. I called Latitudes and they confirm we would leave Dockyard/King's Wharf at 8:30am. This is bad, as it would eliminate the chance to take the nifty Rising Son catamaran snorkle Friday morning. It essentially means 3 sea days. I understand (I think) why it happens: Spirit is stopping at Bermuda on alternate Fridays and there really isn't room for both ships at the Dockyard. Of course, the best solution would just be to keep Crown in Hamilton, where there's plenty of room.

NCL may well change the itinerary again as the season progresses, but our final payment is due in about 3 weeks and I guess I'll check out prices on Celebrity's Zenith for the same week (a very similar ship, but no Freestyle ): Darn, this just seems like laziness on NCL's part...

Hi David

Wonder if it is something new with the Bermuda trips. ?

We aren't on the Crown this year but on the Empress and we also will leave too early for my liking.. 8am.

Although i do think its because we are sailing from Philadelphia.

You guys are sailing out of NY right?

Hi Bermudashorts, yep, we're sailing out of New York, unless we sail out of Bayonne...;)

A few years back Empress was doing EIGHT day Bermudas out of Bayonne -now that's a Bermuda cruise!

Yeah that was a great cruise, we did that one 2 years ago. :D

That is why we had our first balcony. Cant beat that many nights in Bermuda.

Too bad it was so rough going down.

I see you are going the same week as us. Lets hope for great weather!

Shame about the Crown leaving, Ill miss her. :(

Here is the definitive word!!! Since we just returned.

This week she leaves at about 11:00 am and next week she will leave at about 7:00 am. She will alternate the rest of the season this way to allow the Spirit to dock at King wharf every other week.

PE

Thanks Planer's Edge. Was that a sailaway of 11am or all aboard? We were at King's Wharf at 9am on May 26th and couldn't figure out where the Crown was. Now we know. Maybe we can rebook for the previous week...

I just checked those Spirit sailings, and indeed, she is in Kings' Wharf your week, Edurban. I'm sailing the week following, and I guess I get the late week, because she isn't there then. You could back off a week to my week....I have to say I'd be pretty put off if I was leaving early in the morning rather than at noon!

Although like you said, who knows what they'll change by September.....

Archived