aNYONE EVER BOOOKED A PRIVATE CHARTER FOR 1/2 THE DAY?

amy hood

We are thinking about doing this. There are 5 of us andthere are 2 charters for 5 peple lasting about 2.5-3.5 hours each. One is on a 22ft sailing boat and the other is on a 27 ft. motorboat that usually holds 5 but for private charters they limited to 5 people. Both offer 2 or 3 stop, snorkle quip. and water and sodas. Just wandering if anyone has done this? Would appreicate some advice.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amy. I used Nativeways for a 1/2 day charter the last time I was in the Caymans. They did a fantastic job. We had about 12-13 people. It was a motor boat that would hold about 15-16 I think. They picked us up at the pier. It was a very nice boat ride to Stingray city. They 2 guides were great. They made sure everyone on board got to kiss, feed and play with the rays. Then they took us to the reef for some snorkeling. The guide stayed with us to show us where to find the resident Moray Eel and other marine life. It was a great day! When we returned to the pier there was still plenty of time for a late lunch and some shopping.

We never thought it was worth the extra money. We are doing an excursion with a small number of people anyways on a beautiful caterman--the buccenear--not spelled right--and doing three stops. In Dec we went with Red sails Aruba--there was only 10 people, 3 stops, longer tour than the ship--less money. If you do your research, you'll probably fine what your looking for without spending the big bucks. If money is not an issue, than maybe the private charter would be good, we have not found it necessary.

Hi Amy. I used Nativeways for a 1/2 day charter the last time I was in the Caymans. They did a fantastic job. We had about 12-13 people. It was a motor boat that would hold about 15-16 I think. They picked us up at the pier. It was a very nice boat ride to Stingray city. They 2 guides were great. They made sure everyone on board got to kiss, feed and play with the rays. Then they took us to the reef for some snorkeling. The guide stayed with us to show us where to find the resident Moray Eel and other marine life. It was a great day! When we returned to the pier there was still plenty of time for a late lunch and some shopping.

Thanks for the info. What time did you return to the ship when using Nativeways?

Thanks for the info. What time did you return to the ship when using Nativeways?

We were back at the cruise pier around lunchtime. They picked us up at the pier early morning. Maybe about 9:30ish. Short bus ride to the boat. Then out to Stingray City, then over to the reef for snorkeling. I think total time with Nativeways was 3.5-4 hours. Our ship didnt sail until 4 or 5 so we were back in plenty of time to grab lunch and do a little souvenir shopping. Nativeways is very good about responding with all the details so if you email them, they can give you the full details on times, prices etc. Its been 2 years since I was there so there may have been some changes. But from all the posts I've read recently, the excellent service from Nativeways hasnt changed. Have fun!!!

Amy,

I too have done the 1/2 day private tour with a group of 10. We had 4 adults and 6 teens. We used Nativeways and they were great. They stopped and picked up Conch Shells out of the water, they picked up 6. They pulled out the conch and gave each of the kids the shells. We got to Stingray city before everyone and had so many stingrays around it was great. We did snorkling and also got to see the Moray eel. We were back in town and had lunch and shopped. It was worth the money to us.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Kathy

• 2 months later...
Amy,

I too have done the 1/2 day private tour with a group of 10. We had 4 adults and 6 teens. We used Nativeways and they were great. They stopped and picked up Conch Shells out of the water, they picked up 6. They pulled out the conch and gave each of the kids the shells. We got to Stingray city before everyone and had so many stingrays around it was great. We did snorkling and also got to see the Moray eel. We were back in town and had lunch and shopped. It was worth the money to us.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Kathy

Kathy, how much did the carter cost?

Amy is this the tour you are talking about ? Outrage Stingray City Eco-Tour

We are looking at this tour, stingray city, star fish beach, rum point. I think its a pretty good price too. I think it will be amazing to have a boat to ourselves and they told us its BYOB:-) My kind o'trip!

Yes that is one we were thinking about doing. Also thinking about Nativeway. I like the idea of us being by ourselves. Just not sure about the small boats the Grandcaymantours offer.;)

Bubbles- When do you sail?

Archived