Sovergein in July info needed ?

We usually do Radiance or Voyager class of ships but will be going on Sovergein in July. Was on Sovergein about 6 years ago and I know it has been updated. Anyone that is a seasoned cruiser and has been on it recently did you like it? Anything we will not like? We have a JS, hoping it will be ok. Info please, thank you!!:) Appreciate it!!

We sailed on the Sovereign in July of 2005 after being captivated by that Drydock documentary on her refurbishment.

With only very few exceptions, the ship was in terrific condition. All of the carpeting, furniture, fabrics throughout were new. The exception was up around the sports deck and the kids' areas---everything looked old with rumpled decking.

Specifically in our stateroom (Junior Suite 1546) everything was completely up to snuff with only these exceptions in the bathroom----the tub and toilet were the original installation; the waste paper basket was an old one that just sat on the floor because they no longer had the one that fit into the shelf under the sink. These things seemed shabby compared to the beautiful new countertops. I am mentioning this so you are ready for it, not to be picky. I had read before our cruise that those JSs were supposed to have "all new bathrooms" so I was a bit taken aback when I saw the ugly wastebasket. The rest of the room was top-notch though. These staterooms did not previously have balconies; the new sliding glass doors are tipped at an angle and very nice.

We have cruised many times on the Radiance class vessels----we enjoyed our trip on the Sovereign and would cruise on her again.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

I took the SOS twice last year and loved her. She looks very good for a ship of her age. RCI did a nice job on the revitalization. I will be back on this ship at the end of the month. Have a JS booked. I know that they are not as large as the Radiance or Voyager class but for a short cruise it will do fine.

We cruised the Sovereign in April and she's an absolutely gorgeous ship with an awesome crew!!!! Would cruise the Sovereign again in a heartbeat!!!!

Agreed! We did a 4 day just this past week, May 29-June 2 on SOS. Crew was outstandingly friendly... room steward was at the room within minutes of our arrival to introduce himself, always knew when we left for breakfast or dinner to work on the room. Illusions staff was great as well. Celebrated my birthday the first night, and had the m'd and several wait staff come and sing for the ocassion. I expected the ship to show more signs of age, but the drydock did wonders. Sure, there are spots in the metal, and limited areas where you know it is an older ship, but I was duly impressed with the work they did to remodel her, AND the constant work of the staff to keep the brass and glass shiney and keeping the floors clean. That old refurbished clock on deck 4 in Centrum is something to see work.

Archived