Carnival Fascination VS RCI Magesty of the Seas?

ecs0624

My husband and I are in our early thirties and are celebrating our 10th anniversary at the end of June. We want to do a long-weekend cruise from Miami. Which of the these cruises would you recommend? We went on RCI Voyage of the Seas in January and loved every minute of it!

I, too, contemplated both cruises last September and opted for the Fascination. I went with 8 of my best girlfriends and called ourselves "The Divine 9." The reason we chose the Fascination is strictly price. A few of us had been on RCCL's private island before, but figured we'd have "beach time" in Nassau. As it turns out, we never did hit the beach. There were 6 cruise ships in port at Nassau that day so we did some shopping early in the morning and then spent the rest of the day on the ship. I've been on both Majesty and Fascination. Both are fabulous. Carnival had more of a party atmosphere and Majesty had more families. It depends on what you're looking for. Carnival typically has cheaper prices (one less port, lower port charges), but Majesty will have all day at their private island, which is very good. My pictures of the Fascination are in my signature.

Happy Cruising!!! :D

Congratulations on your anniversary!

My husband and I were on the Fascination a few weeks ago. I was leery at first, because the reviews here were mixed, but we had a really nice time and the ship was kept up quite well. I wrote a review and it's posted if you care to read it.

I haven't been on Majesty of the Seas, but I was on Voyager for my honeymoon (had a wonderful time) and the Sovereign of the Seas for my

30th birthday a few years ago.

Whatever you choose, have fun and let us know how it was!

Stacey

I think they are not a whole lot differant-I have been on the Fascination back when she did the southern carib. and I have been on Sovereign, Majesty's twin.

I will say this -Sovereign was a much prettier ship-but if you want the glitzy atruim then you would pick Fascination. I was on Sovereign before the redo-so I am not talking about the improved SOS either.

so I guess I would pick MOS-only because the ship is more attractive-both ships have the discos,lounges etc. that you would enjoy.

If cabin space makes a huge difference then pick the Fascination. That would be the only reason that I would pick this ship. I have been on both and like the fact that the Majesty has Coco Cay on the itinerary. To me it is better than a sea day. Of course the weather can make a differnce if you stop there or not.

The Majesty is getting ready to go in late January for a complete makeover from top to bottom like her sister received. I liked this ship and have cruised on it twice. I like the RCI service and atmosphere.

I have been on MOS on mulitple occasions. She is in good shape for her age and has a warm and friendly crew.

I am not a Carnival fan. I do not care for the dark decor of their ships - especially from the era of Fascination - nor is the food to my liking.

While I do not agree with the poster who calls both "fabulous", as neither of these two are, I would personally opt for MOS.

Do not, however, think that this will be on par with your Voyager experience. While I am personally NOT a Voyager class fan, the ship is much newer with many more bells and whistles. The older ships that run the 3-4 circuit are quite well used :) and the overall experience vs a longer cruise is quite different.

If cabin space makes a huge difference then pick the Fascination. That would be the only reason that I would pick this ship. I have been on both and like the fact that the Majesty has Coco Cay on the itinerary. To me it is better than a sea day. Of course the weather can make a differnce if you stop there or not.

The Majesty is getting ready to go in late January for a complete makeover from top to bottom like her sister received. I liked this ship and have cruised on it twice. I like the RCI service and atmosphere.

that is true that the fanasty class ships have decent sized cabins and baths-but you could just book a deluxe oceanview on MOS. If you book a cabin smaller then that-when the beds are put together one side is against the wall so one of you will have to climb over the other to get out of bed if you need a bathroom visit during the night.

Hubby and I though did not let that bother us-we just kept our beds separate on Sovereign-after all you can still "visit" each other-but since this is your anniversary- so sort've a little honeymoon-you may not want to do that.

Still I would think it would be worth booking a little nicer stateroom, you would not have to book a suite-after all-and you would enjoy the MOS ship much better.

Archived