Luggage for cruisetour

candlelady

No, you don't carry your own luggage. When the tour begins your tour director will instruct you to divide your luggage into what you will be needing on the ship and what you will want to take each night into the hotel where you will be staying. Of course knowing this, just pack that way before the cruisetour and you'll be all set. When you arrive at that night's destination, your bags will magically appear at your room. In the morning, the only 'downer' is that you have to put your bags outside the door as early as 6am.

You can take a carry-on with you each day on your motorcoach or on the train. I recommend a rolling bag so you can simply roll it out and you're all set.

Hope this helps.

Candlelady,

You did not mention which cruise line you are traveling with. Each line may have slightly different rules. Last summer I was on Holland America for a 5 day land tour after our cruise. At each stop ALL of our luggage was transported for us. The luggage is transported in vans and stacked really high. It would be wise to not pack breakables in the luggage to be transported. ALso as SEPyle mentioned the luggage does need to be outside your hotel room door very early in the morning, sometimes even the night before. All the information will be provided to you by your tour guide.

These boards are a fabulous wealth of information. Happy planning and enjoy your Alaskan adventure.

BRenda

We'll be using RCI and our tour is after the cruise. So does this mean that ALL our luggage follows us (we'll go from Seward to Anchorage for a night , then Talkeetna-1 night, the Denali for 2 nights before going to Fairbanks 1-night)?

Thanks

We'll be using RCI and our tour is after the cruise. So does this mean that ALL our luggage follows us (we'll go from Seward to Anchorage for a night , then Talkeetna-1 night, the Denali for 2 nights before going to Fairbanks 1-night)?

Thanks

Candlelady, I did a search of your posts and figured out you're going to be on a RoyalCelebrity tour. One really nice part on their tours is that your tour director and bus driver stay with you or at least your luggage the whole time. What I mean by this is: The cruisetour we took was #13 where we met in Seward; by Motorcoach went to Girdwood; then the next am motorcoached to Anchorage and around 2pm took a flight to Fairbanks on Alaska Air. We just took our carry-on's and our luggage was transported to Fairbanks by the bus driver who drove the coach empty/passenger/full with our luggage. He was in Fairbanks to meet us. We then took the train to Denali; Coach was there to meet us; Then train to Talkeetna; Coach was there to meet us; then train to Anchorage; Coach again there to meet us! Great way to travel!

These were the things that I didn't understand last year so hopefully this will shed some light on how it all works for you!

Archived