Ist cruise for our family

Mobile-John

No need to bring your own towels or chairs, Carnival will provide those. They even give you beach towels for shore excursions. Just don't lose them, I can't remember what they charge, but it was more than the towel is worth IMO. Most important thing is to relax and have a good time.

Terri

That was one of the first questions I asked when I went on my first cruise. Carnival does provide lounge chairs and beach towels.If you lose your towel I think the charge is $22.00. Or it was last time I went. Most of the beaches have free lounge chairs and you can bring your own towel from Carnival with you. They don't mind at all. Just keep an eye on it. We have never lost one or had a problem with it.

We will be on the Conquest this October and are pretty sure as to what we will do. In Grand Cayman you have to do the stingray tour. You get to swim with very large very gentle stingrays. It's not too expensive and it's a must! Everyone raves about it. In Jamaica we will be going to Sunset Beach Resort for their all inclusive. For a $20.00 cover fee you get unlimited free food, alcohol, use of watersports, 3 beaches to choose from, 3 pools to choose from ( one has a swim up bar), and free sodas too. In Cozumel we will be going to Paradise Beach. It's free to get into and has sandy white beaches and clear water. It also has a place to shower and change. The food and drinks are good too. There is even a water trampoline to play on.

I hope this info. helps. There's only one negative to the cruise you chose. The Conquest is a very large ship with lots of extras. Once you have been on it you'll be spoiled. If you go on a smaller, older ship it just wont' stack up to the Conquest. Not only is the Conquest very large, but it's also a new ship and it's beautiful. I noticed that a lot of people have gone on it multiple times. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi John. I've never heard the question about bringing beach chairs on a cruise.:confused: However, I doubt Carnival would allow beach chairs (they have MANY for us to use). As far as foating mats, you couldn't use them in the pool - not enough room. You could take them and inflate them once you got to a port beach, I guess. However, so many of the parks furnish or rent things like that.

Just tryin' to save you a little bulk packing.

Oh, about the towels. Yes, Carnival furnishes the big blue towels for use on deck, as well as on shore, and YES, $22 to replace it if you lose one.

I don't take any chances. I take my own thin $4 WalMart beach towels - on deck and on shore. They take up very little room in the luggage - as a matter of fact, I use them to wrap my bubblewrapped wine bottles.

Archived