Doors?

Hello:

Does anyone know the dimension of the cabin doors on the Voyager class ships. Or even better, does anyone know if a electric scooter would fit through the regular cabin door or would we need a handicapped scooter.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Bill

the doors on the Voyager Class ship are NOT handicapped/scooter accessable -- they are narrow and fairly thick, and the closet is right behind them so they fold back only so far... Have you talked to your TA about getting a Handicap Accessable stateroom?

yes, we have talked to the TA and there is limited availability. The other option is to allow the ship to store the scooter and charge it every evening. I am not sure how well this would work.

We have taken my wife's scooter onboard and not in a HCA cabin and it fit thru the door. Her previous scooter would have been too wide, so it all depends on the scooter. Contact the Special Needs desk at RCCI and they can give you the dimensions. By the way her scooter is a Hoverround.

hello:

I just spoke with my TA again who advised that he spoke to somone that he felt was knowlegable at RCI (?) and they advised that the regular doorways are 28 inches wide. The Scootaround agency advised that the scooter is 21" wide so in appears that it may work.

Thanks,

Bill

Although the scooter may fit through the door it does leave the room quite crowded so it will depend on how you deal with a crowded room. Also please remember that the rooms won't have any of the handicapped features like the roll in shower with seat, lower sink and grab bars. If thease features are important to you you will need the HC room. The entry doors are also very heavy and hard to impossable to open when seated on a scooter without help. Hope this helps.

Archived